Looking for marriage of Julius Brandt and Mathea Clausen on Bornholm

Startet af Nils Brummond, 29 Jan 2013 - 17:45

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Nils Brummond

I can't find the marriage record in the online kirkeboeger for this marriage.

I have a photo of their 50th wedding anniversary taking in 1949 where a sign states:

til lykke
[3, 5, or 8?] AUG

Julius Andreas Brandt, born 2 Nov 1863 on 11 vg. Vestergård, Østermarie, Bornholm, Denmark.  He lived on this same farm before and after the weeding and for the births of their children.

Mathea Caroline Clausen, born 15 Dec 1878 in Årsdale, Bornholm, Denmark.

Their first child was born Oct 1899 in Østermarie, so Mathea would be pregnant at the time of the wedding.

I have looked at the Østermarie and Ibsker books for the year 1899 and have not found anything.  If anyone has any good ideas where to look or can find it, that would be a big help. 

Thanks,
Nils
Nils Peter Brummond
Seattle, WA, USA

Researching areas -
Bornholm: Østermarie, Svaneke, Bodilsker, Ibsker, ...
Haderslev: Gammel Haderslev, Haderslev, Aastrup
Tønder: Ravsted, Hostrup

Anni Larsen

Hi Nils.
I can´t find the marriage too, have looked in every parish on Bornholm for august 1899.
Maybe the vicar forgot to register in the churchbook. Or the couple was civil married, if so you will normally not find a registration in the churchbook.

I have an idea, don´t know if it is good:
Try http://www.bslf.dk , Bornholm Genealogy- and Local History Society.
In the left side read "Searches", as non-member you can send a seach to the webmaster.

Good luck.
Regards Anni Larsen

Nils Brummond

Tak for hjaelpe.

Can you tell me anything about what a civil marriage is in Denmark?  Would there be records elsewhere for such a case?

I do have a picture of their tome stone already, but thanks for the link.  I have a lot of others I want to look for...
Nils Peter Brummond
Seattle, WA, USA

Researching areas -
Bornholm: Østermarie, Svaneke, Bodilsker, Ibsker, ...
Haderslev: Gammel Haderslev, Haderslev, Aastrup
Tønder: Ravsted, Hostrup

Anni Larsen

Hi.
A civil marriage is a marriage before a registrar, f.i. a mayor in the city hall, took place outside the church.
I suppose thise records are kept in the city hall, maybe others can give you an exact answer.
Only civil marriages in Copenhagen are online.

Regards
Anni

Karsten Damén

Until 1922 you could get civilian married only if at least one of the couple was outside the official Danish Lutheran Church ("Folkekirken")!

But the children of the Brandts are christened as normal as I see it?

Karsten