Help with Translation of Birth Record

Startet af Dixie MacFarlane, 13 Jan 2013 - 21:23

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Dixie MacFarlane

Could someone please translate for me the comments in the birth record of Karl Anders Karlson, Opslag 14, 1892-1897 Virring Parish, Sønderhald, Randers, Denmark.  There is reference made to Apr 23, 1958 in Landsarkivek, Viborg.  Can you tell me what this is all about.  I'm wondering if this is the date he died & if so, in what parish in Viborg.  Thank you. 

Ralph Rasmussen

I read:

(parents) married in Essenbæk (Randers amt) August 4, 1893 (!)
By official permission of April 11, 1958, name changed to Karl Ander (sic) Karlson, journal # 476/58
(recorded at) Landsarkivet Viborg on April 23, 1958
Henning H.....
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Dixie MacFarlane

Dixie MacFarlane

One other thing, if you could please help me with - Is Landsarkivek a town in Viborg?  I searched & couldn't find it.  If so, do you know what parish would be associated with it?  I'm thinking I might find records for Karl Ander Karlson & his family if they lived there.  Thank-you.

Ralph Rasmussen

Landsarkivet, the regional record depository (probably for several of the old counties, Amts) in the city of Viborg.  It is in north central Jutland.  Arkiv = archive, and land has about the same assortment of meanings as in English.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Dixie,

Take a "trip" on this website: http://www.sa.dk/content/us/

At the very bottom of the page click "The Provinzial Archives of Northern Jutland" and learn more.

Lissa