Jacob Jensen

Startet af Pamela Alley, 12 Jan 2013 - 23:45

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Pamela Alley

Hi

In Thisted 1765-1807, ops 731, #5 29 March 1805, Jacob Jensen. I think it says where he's from, but I can't quite make it out. Can someone please help?

Thank you

Pam Alley

Jens Viliam Froulund Villumsen

Hi Pamela.

I read:

Jacob Jensen – Lagt Nandest fra Kirken – 52 Aar

I'm sorry, but it says nothing about where he's from. It means, that there has been given an offer to the church (the priest), usually it was bread or meat, and seldom in cash.
mvh. Jens
jens.villumsen@mail.tele.dk

Pamela Alley

Oh shoot, back to the drawing board. Thank you very much for your help Jens Viliam.

Kind regards

Pam

Helmer Christiansen

Jacob Jensen's funeral, Friday 29th March 1805, 52 years old.
The remark "Lagt nederst fra Kirken" must be about the location of the grave.

There is a slight discrepancy between the age listed here and the age in the census in 1801 (43 years). But the age 52 years is appropriate with the age by the census in 1787 (34 years) when he was a shopkeeper.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Pamela Alley

Hi Helmer

I've searched Thisted from 1750-1770 and can't find him, but I'll take another look at his marriage and the births of his children to see if I can find a clue. Thank you for your help.

Regards

Pam

Lisbeth Balslev Pallesgaard

Hello Pamela

My husband is a descendant of Jacob Jensen and Christine Holst. I think it will be difficult to find the birth of JJ - probably he was not born in Thisted (the godparents of their children seem to be Chistine's family or "friends" of the family).

About Jacob Jensen's funeral - I read, "lagt nordost fra kirken" - buried northeast of the church.

Lisbeth Pallesgaard

Pamela Alley

Hi Lisbeth

I agree, I don't think he was born in Thisted either. I'm going to look around in Aalborg to see if I can find him there and if I can't, I'll just put him to rest for a bit. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Pam