arrival and departure records

Startet af Michelle Bie, 16 Jan 2013 - 19:49

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Michelle Bie

Can someone tell me if the records for arrivals and departures included children or just adults?

Michelle

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Michelle,

The Danish departure records from København list both adults and children and the arrival records in the USA list both adults and children.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Michelle,

Do you mean leaving a parish and arriving in a parish - or did Paul answer your question?

Lissa

Ralph Rasmussen

Parish to parish records vary considerably in quality.  At best, they run from 1814 through 1875. Some, at least, record the movement of a family to a new parish. 
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Inger Toudal

Hello Michelle,

As Ralph wrote, the info you can find in Tilgangslister and Afgangslister varies to a great degree. Children are sometimes mentioned, not always with name, but many times they are not recorded at all.

A couple may be recorded "NN with wife", irrespective of whether they have children or not. I've also seen "NN, unmarried with 1 child" in a departure list, but the child was not mentioned in the arrival list in the parish where the mother moved to. I'm sure you can find examples of families where the children are recorded only in the parish of departure, or the parish of arrival.

At best, you find vaccination info (when and by whom vaccinated), or even birth date and birth parish.

In many Arrival and Departure lists, you'll find only (or mostly) servants.

Best regards,
Inger T.
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal