Help reading records

Startet af george capton, 22 Dec 2010 - 00:45

Forrige emne - Næste emne

george capton

Hi I would like some help reading parish records 1778-1884 Skaeve, Hjorring page  64 last name on the page Dorthea what does it say?
Also Lendum Horns, Hjorring 1749-1816 page 62 information for Peder born Dec 26 1769.
Thank you for your help. George

Ralph Rasmussen

What I can be fairly confident of:

Baptized December 26, Peder af Hvidet
[parents] Marquar Peders: og Maren Xtensd: Fadd: Peder Torstrup [af] Hvidet
2 Laurs Xtens: L... [af] Westergrd 3 Maren Olesd: [af] Damsgd: 4 Maren Pedersd: [af] Lendij
Moderen introd 2 Fbr:  [February]

I'm at sea especially with the mother's name on Dorthe's entry.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Poul-Erik Langvad

Hi

I read:

Dorthe

Den 22. Julii Christen Christensen og Hustrue
Else Marie Niels Dotter i Aalgaardsodde deres
Barn. Faddere: Rasmus ..dersen i Hald,
Rasmus Christensen ved Bran, Christian Nielsen
i Mi......... - - Karen Nielsen i Aalgaardsodde
Maren Christens Dotter i Baach?

Introduc. den 19 Aug

I almost agree with Ralph:

Baptized December 26, Peder af Hvidet
[parents] Marquar Peders: og Maren Xtensd: Fadd: Peder Torstens. Hvidet
2 Laurs Xtens: Lend. Westergrd. 3 Maren Olesd: Damsgd: 4 Maren Pedersd: Lend
Moderen introd. 2 Fbr:  [February]

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

george capton

Hi Poul and Ralph Thank you for your help.  It looks like the name changed from Marquarsen to Mariussen. The children born 1749-1818 Lendum parish page 84, 85,87,89,92,93, 95 90 it looks like fathers name is Marius and 1801 census shows his name as Peder Mariussen. When I look at the birth of Peder's brother's and sisters it looks like Marquarsen page 59 Mette 1766, page 56 Anne 1763, Maren page 65 1774, Christian page 63 1771. Maybe I have two families mixed up.
Thanks for your help George

Ralph Rasmussen

I find it easier to read Marcussen in the parish registers.  U is often marked by an accent or arc or line over it.  And so I wonder whether the original census reads Peder Marcussen.

But where is Peder in the 1787 census, about age 18, under any of the possible family names?

With what seem to be his sisters as sponsors of his older children, It should be possible to find the family.  Do you have Anne, Mette, or Peder confirmed in Lendum?

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

george capton

Hi Ralph
  I maybe have things wrong.  1787 Lendum census page 7 for Hvidit I think this is Marqvor Pedersen
1801 Lendum census page 9. I have death of Marqvor Pedersen  page 129 1799 Lendum, also marriage of Peder Mariussen?? page 58 1794 Lendum.  Some people have Marius Pedersen and Maren Asmundsdater as parents of Peder Mariussen I do not like to copy other peoples history because there are so many mistakes I like to see for my self what is right. Thank you George

Poul-Erik Langvad

Hi

"also marriage of Peder Mariussen?? page 58 1794 Lendum." 

No that is just another record of the birth of Marquard their first son.
They were betrothed 19 Jan 1794 and married 25 Febr. 1794 (opslag 22 Lendum 1749-1816).

In all cases his name was writen Marcussen. The c can be misinterpretted as a i because of the accent.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

george capton

Hi Poul-Erik
Thank you for your help. George

Ralph Rasmussen

It may be necessary to find at least an extract of the probate for Marquor Pedersen, buried October 1799, opslag 129 'age 69, af Hvidet'.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Poul-Erik Langvad

Hi

The census from 1787 tell:

Hjørring, Horns, Lendum, Hvidet, , 57, FT-1787, A7097
Marqvard Peders.   56    givt   Hosbonde   Bonde, Grdbeb.   
Maren Christensd   48    givt   hans Kone      
Peder Marqvars.   16    ugivt   af 2det Egtesk.      
Maren Marqvdr   12       af 2det Egtesk.

Maren Madsdatter died Nov. 13, 1768, 38½ years old.

Perhaps you can find Marqvard Pedersen and Maren Christensdatters marriage in the parrish she came from.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

george capton

Hi Ralph Thanks for your help. Would you say day of death is Oct 2 ,12, or 21. Do you know how I would find a extract of the probate for Marquor ? Can I do it on the internet or would I have to be in Denmark to do it? Thank you George

Hi Poul Thanks for your help. I must be missing something who is Maren Madsdatter? I will look
for the marriage later tonight after I have Christmas with my family. Thanks again George

I have Marqvard Pedersen,then his son Peder Marqvarsen,then Niels Pedersen his son, then
Christians Nielsen his son, then Peter Nielsen my grandfather who died in 1920 when my mother was 7 years old so I know very little about my mothers family.

Poul-Erik Langvad

Hi

Opslag 56: Anne. Parents Marqvard Pedersen og Maren Madsdatter.
Opslag 59: Mette. Parents: Marqvard Pedersen og Maren Madsdatter.
Opslag 63: Christen. Parents Marqvard Pedersen og Maren Christensdatter
Opslag 65: Maren. Parents Marqvard Pedersen og Maren Christensdatter.

Four children with the same father but with two different mothers.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

Ralph Rasmussen

I read the burial date as the 21st.  I don't know what the x might mean, as it is also on two of the three entries above this one.  At any rate it is not part of a T.

If nothing else, many of the probates are available on microfilm through one of the LDS family research centers.  Some have been transcribed or excerpted and posted on the internet.  But I don't 'know the territory.'

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

george capton

Hi Poul and Ralph
Thank you for your help again. I see another son Mads born page 54, all of the children but Anne died young and their death date is on birth record  This made it easy to find death records . I could not decide  on birth date for Mette and Anne can you read it for me . On any of the birth or death records does it shown any grandparents names? I might have found mariage for Marqvor and Maren
page 15, it is hard to read and is after birth of Christian. I could not 1st marriage in Lendum parish.
I will check with FAMILY SEARCH centre after  the New Year about proprate records. Thanks again George