Johan Iverson HEICK

Startet af Pam, 11 Dec 2012 - 20:01

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Pam

Leder du efter oplysninger om Johan Iverson Heick (1853-1931, søn af Johan Heick og Anna Bundesen. Han blev født i Agerskov og døbt i Bjolderup, Aabenraa, og emigrerede til USA i 1875. Tak!

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Pam,

Do you want information on John Iversen in the USA or Denmark or both?

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Lissa Pedersen

Johan Iversen Heick born 17 July 1853 to Anna Marie Bundesen at Agerskov Mark and designated father Johan Heijck, laborer/farmhand in Bollerslev, born in Flensburg. Agerskov parish 1851-1860, opslag 8 - from www.arkivalieronline.dk with church books (and censuses).

Lissa

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Ane Marie Bundesen came to Agerskov parish in 1853, tilgangliste opslag 126 nr 34.  I can't read where she came from.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Lissa Pedersen

I think it says k = konfirmeret = confirmed by Past. = Pastor Boesen in Vodder (Vodder, Hviding, Tønder) - many of the other entries also have a "k" and by (a pastor's name).

Under haandtering = employment it says "Tyende" = servant.

Lissa

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Thanks Lissa.  Now for a lesson for Pam on how to trace an ancestor back to their birth.  We know from the birth of Johan Iversen Heick that his mother Anne Marie Bundesen was born about 1817.  We then found that she came to Agerskov from Vodder in 1853.  I then went to the Vodder tilgangeliste and found that she arrived in Vodder 6 Nov 1840 from Toftlund, opslag 122 nr 17.  I then checked the Toftlund confirmation records and found that Anne Marie Bundesen was confirmed in 1834, opsalg 75 nr 12.  The confirmation record says that her parents are Jes Kragh and Dorthea Bundesen and she was born in Branderup on 14 Oct 1817.  I then went to the Branderup record for 4 Oct 1817, opslag 13 nr 4, and it says the parents are Jes Mathisen Kragh and Dorthea Bundesen.  I then decided to look in the Branderup record for the marriage of the parents and found they were married on 22 Apr 1816, opslag 34 nr 7.  It lists Jes' age as 21 1/2 and Dorethea's age as 29 1/2.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Lissa Pedersen

Could be Jes (Jef) here:

haderslev, Nørre Rangstrup, Toftlund (Kongerigsk), Stenderup Bye, , , 37, FT-1801
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Jes Thomsen Tønder 50  Gift Huusbonde Bonde og Gaardbeboer 
Anna Andreasdatter 44  Gift Hans Kone   
Thomas Jessen Tønder 17  Ugift Hans Søn   
Andreas Jessen Tønder 5   Deres Børn   
Christian Jessen Tønder 2   Deres Børn   
Andreas Mathiesen Krag 70  Gift Konens Forældre (the wife's parents) Aftægtsfolk 
Ellen Jefsdatter 68  Gift Konens Forældre Aftægtsfolk 
Andreas Mathiesen Krag 8   Konens Broderbørn   
Hans Jefsen Krag 8   Konens Broderbørn   
Jef Mathiesen Krag 5   Konens Broderbørn   (the wife's brother's children)
Ellen Mathiasdatter 3   Konens Broderbørn

Lissa

Homer Ficken

1900 census of East Moscow, Latah County, Idaho

John I. Heick, July 1853 Denmark, married 19 years, immigration 1875, farmer
Mary E. Heick, Mar 1858 Oregon, 5 children, 4 living
Cora Heick, Sept 1888 Idaho
Chester A. Heick, Feb 1890 Idaho
Rena Heick, May 1893 Idaho
Ruth Heick, Aug 1899 Idaho

Gravesites of John and other family members: 

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gsr&GSln=Heick&GSiman=1&GScid=158059&;
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Jane C

North Moscow, Latah, Idaho, USA
Living on a farm, Route 5
Chester A. Heick 49 born in Idaho
Elizabeth Heick 45, wife, born in Minnesota
Chester L. Heick 23 son, born in Idaho
Leonard I. Heick 19 son, born in Idaho
Cecil A. Heick 1, son, born in Idaho
Residence in 1935: Same House (a question on the 1940 census)

Chester A. Heick = C. Arthur Heick
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Heick&GSiman=1&GScid=158059&GRid=22519786&

Find him listed here:
http://swlradio.no-ip.com/Family/219.htm

A biography for Chester's wife Elizabeth, on Find a Grave as posted by Homer:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Heick&GSiman=1&GScid=158059&GRid=22519777&

His son Leonard I. Heick died 2004 in Moscow, Latah, Idaho.
An obituary for him tells of living descendants. Find it here:
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/tools/story_pf.asp?ID=9110

Jane C

1910 US Census
Latah County, Idaho
John I. Heick 57 b 1853 Denmark
Eliza Heick 52
Cora Heick 21
Arthur Heick 19  <---------- this is Chester Arthur
Rena Heick 16
Ruth Heick 10
Kate Heick 7   <-------- this is Katherine who married Pearly Childers
Henry N. Rogers 82

Death of Ruth Heick announced 07 January 1980, Spokane Daily Chronicle newspaper:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1338&dat=19800107&id=dkFYAAAAIBAJ&sjid=KvkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=2660,1642023

Apparently she never married and lived all her life on her parents' farm.

"RUTH HEICK. MOSCOW, IDAHO -- Graveside rites were Saturday for Ruth May Heick, 80, who died Wednesday at the local hospital. She was born on a farm near here Aug. 26, 1899, and had lived there until two years ago when she moved to a nursing home here because of ill health. She was a charter member of the Moscow Mountain Club. A brother, Arthur, and a sister, Katherine Childers, both of Moscow, survive her."

Southwest Moscow, Latah County, Idaho
Pearley C Childers 46 born about 1894 in Oregon
Katherine R Childers 37
Eugene L Childers 18
Pearley Childers 12
Eldon D Childers 11
Residence in 1935: Rural Latah County, Idaho

Many photos of Katherine and Pearly Childers on Ancestry.com, on "Maureen and Arlo Speer Family Tree."  Includes photo of Ruth Heick and perhaps others in the Heick family. Also many stories with the photos. For example, "Pearley and Katherine raised 5 boys in this two-bedroom home. Katherine never had indoor plumbing..."

Find-a-Grave memorial to Katherine Childers:
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=97486248
Katherine Rebecca Childers, 1902-1993.
Spouse: Pearly Early Childers, 1894-1982. Served in World War I.
Child: Pearley E. Childers, 1927-1990
Burial: Moscow Cemetery, Moscow, Latah County, Idaho

Two messages on Ancestry.com message board:
"My grandfather was Pearley Childers of Moscow, Idaho, married to Katherine Heick. Their children were Eugene Lewis (my father), Eldon, Pearley junior, Donald, and John ('Punky')."
.... "Katherine Rebecca Heick was born to John I. Heick and Mary Eliza Rogers. Katherine married Pearley E. Childers (my grandparents). Her siblings were Cora (1889), Arthur (1891), Rena (1894), Ruth (1900).... John Heick originated from Agerrskov, Denmark, and Eliza's (Oregon). Her father, Henry M. Rogers, was born in Wales."
LINK:
http://boards.ancestrylibrary.com/thread.aspx?mv=flat&m=25&p=surnames.childers

Photo: Katherine Rebecca, Cora, Chester, Ruth

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi Pam,

It would be nice if you acknowledged the time and effort that people put in to trace your family.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Jane C

Yes, that's right Paul.

Something more for you Pam.

JOHN J. HEICK.
Among the representative agriculturists and substantial citizens of Latah County, we must not fail to mention him whose name appears above, and who has labored here before the organization of Latah County for the development of nature's wilds and the upbuilding of the country. In the little land of Denmark, whose sturdy and sagacious citizens have maintained a separate state among the great powers of Europe for an indefinite time, the subject of this brief review was born, the date being July 17, 1853, the place Agerskov, and his parents John and Annie (Bundesen) Heick, natives of the same country, and occupied in farming. Our subject was educated in the schools of his place, and at the age of sixteen years went out from the parental roof to undertake the battle of life for himself, being occupied in working for wages on the neighboring farms until 1875, when he was twenty-two years of age, then embarked for America. He first settled in Chicago, and one year later went to California and took up farming for one and one-half years in Monterey County. Thence he migrated to Yamhill County, Oregon, and from that place he came to Whitman County, Washington. In the fall of 1877,  he homesteaded his present place, three miles north from Moscow and there he has bestowed his labors in producing the fruits of the field and in raising stock, with the success that properly belongs to thrift and enterprise and wisely directed efforts. He has good improvements and a fine five-acre orchard.

Mr. Heick was married at Latah County on May 7, 1881, to Mary E., a native of Oregon, and daughter of Henry M. and Pauline Rogers, mention of whom is made in this volume. To this worthy couple were born the following children: Cora, Chester A., Rena, and Ruth. Mr. Heick is a member of the A.O.U.W. and is one of the substantial and progressive men, taking an active interest in the political affairs of the county and the welfare of all, while commendable sagacity has been displayed in the management of his business interests.

SOURCE: An illustrated history of North Idaho Embracing Nez Perce, Idaho, Latah, Kootenai, Shoshone Counties, State of Idaho. (Western Publishing Co. 1903)

Lise Østerberg Bahr

HI.

I would like to help, but can only come up with this for now:

I saw Flensburg city mentioned, and will like to add Helmut Martensens webside :

www.Adelby.com (though, in German writings) Daten aus Adelby ... Weiter zu den Adelby Daten, the blue line for entring the alfabetec - where some HEICKS can be seen - with married fam. ..... = Joost, Heldt, Henningsen, Asmussen fam.ly and more.

I have a large BAHR family there, other places in Germany, Europe, USA and other countryes.

About 110 years ago many from the fam. went to USA - some to the area of Millwaukee, Wisconsin.

There were 15 children and 45 grandchildren then who went for USA and one to Australa to be a farmer there.

Perhaps you can get some use through this infos ?

Kind regards from
Lise Østerberg Bahr