Translation help for marriage of Per Mattesen in Ravsted Sogn, Tønder

Startet af Nils Brummond, 09 Dec 2012 - 20:09

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Nils Brummond

Hello,

I am looking for help reading these records.  I think one is the engagement and the other is the marriage record.  I can not make out the handwriting on these.

Marriage records are from Ravsted Sogn in Tønder, 1763 - 1882, marriages, Opslag 25 and Opslag 159.  Images attached as well.

I am trying to trace Per Mattesen back to his birth and find his parents.  I believe Per Mattesen is the father of Mattias Holst (born in 1778) and Chresten Holst (born in 1779). (Ravsted Sogn Aa037 A 004, Opslag 74 and 86)

The birth record of Matthias Holtz reads (from help I had translating before):
CitatIt's for Matthias Holtz, son of farm owner Per Matthisen (Holtz) of Hünding and Anna [?] née Christen Jensen Schmidts.
He was christened in the presence of inn keeper Christen Jensen Schmidts, Catarina Madsen and one more person.
The last part is hard to read. It contains a list of the witnesses at the baptism.

Thanks,
Nils Brummond

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]
Nils Peter Brummond
Seattle, WA, USA

Researching areas -
Bornholm: Østermarie, Svaneke, Bodilsker, Ibsker, ...
Haderslev: Gammel Haderslev, Haderslev, Aastrup
Tønder: Ravsted, Hostrup

Nils Brummond

Nils Peter Brummond
Seattle, WA, USA

Researching areas -

Ralph Rasmussen

Transcribed:

Per Mattesen Wittwer und Bohlsmann in
Günding und Johana Christens Datter,
Christen Jansen Schmidt und Bohlsmann
daselbst und .......... verstorbenen
Frauen Maren Christens eheleibl(iche) Tochter

... Zeugen Jens Matthzen in Dibel?
Christen Jansen aus J..drup
... Laurs? ....

Dom Quasimodogeniti zu proclamieren

Widower and small farmer Per Mattesen in Günding
and Johana Christensdatter, daughter of smith and small farmer
Christen Jansen/Jensen of same and his late wife Maren Christens(datter)

Banns to be read from Sunday Quasimodogeniti.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Lis Nielsen

I think its surpose to be Per Mattesen in Hünding there is as fare as i know no Günding in the area of Ravsted but there is a Hünding and Hünding Holm,

;D

VH lis

Sofie Petersen

I read: p. 159
Das Copulations Register 1778 May 16th or 6th??
Per Mattesen Wittwer und Bohlsmann in Hünding und Helena Christen Thomsen (??) Schmidt in Hünding und seiner Frauen Maren Christens eheliche Tochter
Siehe das Supplementum zu diesem Jahr
You will find the supplement on page 173, 1778 nr. 1
Jes Mattesens Eltern sind der Bohlsbesitzer Matthes Christensen in Abild u. Gunder gebohren Jens Tochter

Register of weddings 1778 may 16th or 6th?
Per Mattesen a widower and small holder in Hünding and Helena Christen Thomsen(??) blacksmith in Hünding and his wife Maren Christens daughter born in marriage
Look at the supplement for this year (page 173, 1778, nr. 1):
Jes Mattesens Eltern sin der Bohlsbesitzer Matthes Christensen in Abild u. Gunder gebohren Jens Tochter
Jes Mattesens parents are the owner of a small farm Matthes Christensen in Abild and Gunder née Jens Daughter
(Abild is a small parish just north of Tønder)
Seemingly the vicar has forgotten these informations about the husbands´ families for some years.
With best wishes-Sofie Petersen

I do hope I have read those "swinging" characters correctly, and that my English is intelligible!
Venlig hilsen
Sofie Petersen
sofienederby@mail.dk

Nils Brummond

Thank you everyone with the help.

CitatLook at the supplement for this year (page 173, 1778, nr. 1):
Jes Mattesens Eltern sin der Bohlsbesitzer Matthes Christensen in Abild u. Gunder gebohren Jens Tochter
Jes Mattesens parents are the owner of a small farm Matthes Christensen in Abild and Gunder née Jens Daughter
(Abild is a small parish just north of Tønder)
Seemingly the vicar has forgotten these informations about the husbands´ families for some years.

Ravsted sogn 1763-1822 Weddings, Opslag 154, #4, shows the wedding of a "Peter Mattesen" son of Mattes Kestensen and Gunder born Jens daughter in Abild sogn.

There is also 1 birth entry for a daughter followed by the death of the mother and the daughter shortly after.

Ravsted sogn 1762-1819 Deaths, Opslag 50, #12 for mother.
Ravsted sogn 1762-1819 Deaths, Opslag 51, #16 for daughter.

So this would fit with him being a widow and parents matching.  But is the first name differences too much for this to be the same person?  Peter - Per - Jes

Nils Peter Brummond
Seattle, WA, USA

Researching areas -

Sofie Petersen

Sorry!Sorry!
I wrote Per´s name as Jes (in the supplement, opsl. 173, 1778 nr. 1)- you are right, that you were wondering!)
Sofie
Venlig hilsen
Sofie Petersen
sofienederby@mail.dk