Niels Hansen Nielsen married Anne Iversdatter Lund on July 5, 1879

Startet af Bett Nielsen, 27 Nov 2012 - 02:25

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Bett Nielsen

I'm looking for more information.

According to their marriage certificate Niels Hansen Nielsen of Roost married Anne Iversdatter Lund of Arnum.  They were married in Arrild.

They had at least 4 children.  2 daughters and 2 sons.  One son was Iver Nielsen.  Iver was born January 31, 1887.  Iver and his brother were both conscripted into the German army during the 1st world war.   

Niels and Anne were married for at least 60 years.  I have a congratulatory letter written to them from Anna Graae (Mrs. Valdemar Graae).  Dated July 4, 1939. 

I would appreciate any additional information. 

Thanks... Bett Kirsten Nielsen. 

Ralph Rasmussen

In the transcribed censuses through 1860, they are both a bit elusive. After 1864 Arrild was easily south of the new border and not in preserved census records.

For the record, their marriage is in the parish register for Arrild, 1875-1895, 'opslag' 96, #4 for 1879.  They were married July 5, 1879.

Niels was born about 1855, Anne about 1849.   
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Bett Nielsen

Thank you for the information.  Do you think it would help to check German records? 

Bett

Homer Ficken

Do you have an address the 1939 letter was sent to?  

Iver Nielsen's birth and confirmation do not seem to be in Arrild or adjoining parishes.
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Bett Nielsen

If I could figure out how to attach an image I could upload the letter.  The only address is the letter head.  That is Graae's Hus  Fanobad Danmark.  Of course the 'o' in Fanobad is an o with the line through it.  I'm sorry I don't know what font to use to write the Danish letters. 

John Wrenholt

There is a birth record for Niels Hansen Nielsen and his twin brother Frederik Emanuel Nielsen born on Feb 5, 1856 to Jørgen Hansen Nielsen and Maren Kirstine Emanuelsen.

1854-1875 Arrild, Hviding, Tønder ops 5.