Knudsen and Rasmussen from Nakskov and Copenhagen

Startet af Jim Knudsen, 24 Nov 2012 - 21:28

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Bjarne Due Pedersen

http://www.slaegtogdata.dk/kilder/sognekort/maribo-amt
Here you can see Maribo amt (county), The herred (district) and The sogn (parish).
A Parish contains a lot of villages/cities and they "belongs" to the church in the Parish, then a parish is an area.
In US, you have City, County, State, and USA
We have City, Parish, District, County, and Denmark
Ex: Noebbet city in Horslunde Parish, Lolland South District, Maribo County, Denmark.
And Horslunde city is also a city in Horslunde Parish

But dont worry, my homepage is integrated with google maps  ;D
All events is pinned on the map, where you can zoom in and out.
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen
Med Lolland som midtpunkt for slægten
Bosat 3310, http://bjarne-due.dk

John Wrenholt

From the 1906 Census (1906 - København - Hinrichsensgade ops 35):

Frederik Johannes Lyng                      10 Nov 1871
Maria Petrea Olivia Lyng                      17 Nov 1870
Lilly Astrid Marie Johanne Lyng            3 Oct 1900
Inger Margrethe Johanne Lyng            4 Nov 1905
Nielsine Johanne Sørensen                  7 Dec 1845
Kirstine Antonia Sørensen                   15 Dec 1873

Here "Hannah" is living with her two daughters (Olivia & Kirstine).

The picture you have of Hannah and her 2 granddaughters must be Lilly Astrid and Inger Margrethe!! It looks that the picture must have been taken around 1909.        

Jim Knudsen

I have no idea who wrote on the back of the photos. It could have been my grandmother Bessie St John Knudsen or perhaps Dagmar Knudsen (Louis sister) or who knows? I got the photos from my dad when he passed away. By the way you can show Wilbur Knudsen date of death as July 2009.
Also you can include our grand daughter  'Lily Jeanne' under Kelli Knudsen Schmitz (her married name now, she is married to Jason Schmitz) Lily was born April 9, 2010

Another project is on the horizon as well. My wife is excited with that software you use. Its also used by my St John family website host. My wife's grandmother was Hazel Lauritsen and her family also came from Denmark. My wife will have to dig out that folder of information so we can inquire about that family as well in the future. We have a photo of a Hans Lauritsen Hazel's father from way back in time.

I also have a Sandi Olson here in the U.S. that is a cousin of sorts too. In an email, several years ago, she said that Thora had a brother Johan and that is her line of family. Ive emailed her asking for more input.

Thanks again for everyone's help with this project. :)
My Knudsen family goes back to Nakskov and Copenhagen in the 1800's. We are a family of 7 siblings all over the U.S.A. hope to connect with other family around the world.

Jim Knudsen

I keep finding more interesting things about Thora Sophia so here are 4 more scans. 2 are the grass roofed home that Thora was born in and the backside of the photo with comments. The other is a letter to my great Aunt Dagmar Knudsen from I think Cay ?? maybe someone can translate it for me?
Hope to have some new photos of the newest generation here soon.
Jim Knudsen

My Knudsen family goes back to Nakskov and Copenhagen in the 1800's. We are a family of 7 siblings all over the U.S.A. hope to connect with other family around the world.

Lissa Pedersen

Translation:

Dear Dagmar,

Thank you so much for your Christmas card - and thank you very much for the USD 6
which I have received - I hope you will enjoy
the H.C. Andersen books - I wish you a
Merry and Happy New Year - and a good health
and humour - and I suppose I will hear from you one day, when
you have time to write a few words to me.
I hope your are healthy - and that everything is ok.

With heartfelt greetings
your cousin Cay

The entire December
the weather has been mild and good
without degrees below zero (Celcius!) so this is
indeed a mild winter.

Cay's address was: Ordrupvej 76, Charlottenlund (zip 2920)

Lissa

Jim Knudsen

WOW so fast...thank you Lissa.  Are you related to Bjarne?

Lissa Pedersen

No, I'm not - just knew his name from back in time, when I tried to help him with some relatives' names in Argentine, and I also remembered him being "busy" with the Due name/people.

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Bjarne Due Pedersen

I am still here, and this is my bookmark  ;)
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

John Wrenholt

The confirmation record for Tora Sofie Jensen (same as Thora Sophia) is recorded in the 1840-1874 Nordlunde sogn churchbook (ops 63).  It is interesting that her mother is listed as Kirstine Jensdatter (could be the recorder just copied the info from the birth record?).

You can also find Thora in the 1870 Nordlunde census on ops 4 where she is a servant for a family headed by Peder Karpersen.

Bjarne Due Pedersen

The name at the confirmation is partly from the church book (birthrecords) She had a birth certificate with the information from the birthrecords, and that was written in the church book at her confirmation.
Her mother was Ane Marie, but she have been called Ane Kirstine in another birth, later corrected to Ane Marie  :)
Med venlig hilsen
Bjarne Due Pedersen

Jim Knudsen

Im so happy to follow my thread here, learning so much and also now following Sandi Olson's thread as she is on her history search in here as well and we now find out we are 5th cousins I think, along with Bjarne.

Here is a photo from Saturday of my daughter Nicole Eliz. Knudsen Olmsted, b. Aug 10, 1986, here she is pregnant with our next grandchild due in Feb. 2013. She lives in Whitefish, Montana with her husband, Billy Olmsted.
She has just cut the hair on my grand daughter Lily Jeanne Schmitz b. April 9, 2010 daughter of Kelli and Jason Schmitz.