Help finding mother

Startet af george capton, 19 Nov 2012 - 01:55

Forrige emne - Næste emne

george capton

Hello I would like to find the mother and father of  child.
1930-1931 Born Oct 2 1930, Rigshopsital, Sokkelund, Kobenhavn
page 132 line 1428.
Thank you George

Eva Morfiadakis

There is no name of the mother: unmarried - date of birth  11 Dec. 1907. She was divorced/separated from husband on 15 March 1929. The child was christened in Köge Hospital Church it seems. Paternity declaration 18 Oct. 1830.
It seems she has not dropped her right to be anonymous. I don't know if you can find her name in the other protocols at Rigsarkivet.

Eva M
Eva M

Inger Toudal

Hi George,

A correction to Eva's posting: The child was baptized 23 Oct. 1930 in Rigshospitalet's Church.

At the National Archives in Copenhagen (Rigsarkivet) there are records of all unmarried mothers, who gave birth at Den Kongelige Fødselsstiftelse/Rigshopitalet 1 July 1908 - 31 Dec. 1937:

http://www.sa.dk/content/dk/daisy/arkivserie_detaljer?a=rigshospitalet&b=f%C3%B8dende&c=&d=1&e=2012&f=&g=&h=&ngid=&ngnid=&heid=3821237&henid=3821237&epid=&faid=&meid=&m2rid=&side=&sort=&dir=&gsc=&int=&ep=&es=&ed=

Earlier, these records were secret, and only the child or its guardian was entitled to get proof of the mothers's identity. New regulations have made it possible for anyone to look up the name of the mother, provided the birth took place more than 75 years ago.

Do you have the confirmation and/or marriage records for the child? The father and/or mother might be mentioned there.

Best regards,
Inger Toudal
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Eva Morfiadakis

George, early in the morning my eyesight was a bit low. But I see it now thanks to Inger.

Eva M
Eva M

george capton

Thank you for your help.  The only place I have found Henry is in the 1930 census living with his grand parents I think ?? 1930 Landsogn, Frederiksborg, Olstykke, Snostrup page 12 Line 25. I cannot get the hospital records to translate to English, I will try again. Thank you again George

Michelle Bie

If it is his maternal grandparents he is living with, maybe you could find them in an earlier census and find the mother's name by her known birthdate (11 Dec. 1907).

george capton

Thank you for your suggestion. I have the 1921 census Frederiksborg, Draby page 35.
There is no births for that date Dec 7 1907.  Thanks George

george capton

Thank  you for your help. I just found the death of Henry   1914-1933 Snostrup, Olstykke. Frederiksborg page 103 it gives me the mothers name, now I will try to find the mothers birth. I have found nine out of ten children of Soren Pedersen. The mother of Henry is the only one I could not find. Now I know her name.
Thank you George

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi George,

Here is Fanny in the København police register http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=2089609&searchname=polit_simple.  I think that her maiden name was Larsen and not Pedersen.  Perhaps she was married to one of Søren Peder Pedersen's sons and then divorced  him.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi George,

Fanny Emma Agnes Larsen was born 11 Dec 1907, parents Albert William Larsen and Laurine Jensen Poulsen, Gethsemane, Sokkelund,København opslag 271 nr 124.  Albert and Laurine were married 6 Nov 1896 Skt. Matthæus, Sokkelund, København opslag 136 nr 452.

Sincerely,
Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

Hi George,

Most of the family can be found in the 1911 census for Oehlenschlægersgade 44, opslag 121.

Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

george capton

Hi Paul
Thank you for your help. I think the father of Henry is Askel Henry Marius Pedersen born March 31 1904 Page 17 Frederiksborg, Olystykke, Snostrup. The name of the son would make sense to be named after his father. Why  at Henry's death its says the mother is unwed Fanny Emma Agnes Pedersen not Larsen seems to be wrong. Maybe she was wed to Askel and got a divorce and the priest wrote it down wrong, I do not know. Also on Askel's birth it has information on the right side of the page about 1943, I do not know what it says. I could not find a marriage for Fanny and Askel but I do not know exactly where to look.
Thank again for your help. George

Eva Morfiadakis

Please note that the politietsregisterblade were issued before 1923. Larsen is then her maiden name.
Sometimes it is wrong in the churchbooks. To be sure of the mother's name at the time of the birth you have to look in the archives of Rigshospitalet as suggested. Perhaps someone visiting Rigsarkivet will do the look-up for you.
In the birth record it says she was divorced from her husband in 1929. Perhaps you can find the wedding. Look at the civil marriages in Copenhagen. They can't have been married for a long time 2-3 years.

Eva M
Eva M

Paul Løndahl-Smidt

You might also try looking for the marriage in Gethsemane since Fanny was baptized there and also confirmed there in 1922.

Paul
Fåborg    Barløse

george capton

Hi Eva AND Paul
Thank you for your help. Paul I found the family of Fanny in 1911 where you said it would be.
I looked at marraiges in Gethsemane  with out finding a marraige I am now looking at civil marriages
it is going to take a little time there are a lot of marriages, I have at started Jan 1929. Thanks again for your help.  George

Eva Morfiadakis

George, there is a name register for each year. They were separated in 1929. I would say they got married around 1927.

Eva M
Eva M

george capton

Thank you Eve  The marriage was June 1 1927 but it was not to the man
I was expecting to find. So the child Henry does not belong in my family tree.
Thank you George