How do I get rid of lines through saved images?

Startet af Debra Roe, 18 Nov 2012 - 21:35

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Debra Roe

All my saved images from Arkivalier Online have horizontal grid lines on them.  I used to be able to re-save them as .jpeg or .bmp and the lines would be gone, but I can no longer do that on my laptop.  Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of the line?

Thanks,
Deb

Lynn Christiansen

How are you saving the images?

If you could give us a reference of an image that you have saved with horizontal lines on, then we could try a save and see if we are getting the lines also. If we don't then it is something with either the method by which you are saving the images or a problem with your system.

By the way, when you open an image a copy is saved to your hard drive. You will find it at C:\AO\Data under the proper Parish, Herred, Amt grouping.
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Erik Schaefer

I get lines through most of my records.  I figured that's just the way they were.

I use the AO downloader tool.  The images downloaded to my hard drive have lines for certain churchbooks.  usually open them in MS Paint and resave as a .jpeg before importing to my family tree and the lines remain.

Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Mogens Grønberg

Hi.
If you are running Windows 7 this is a known problem and Microsoft has made a fix available which cures this problem.
Read  Article ID: 2459492 on Microsoft.com, select Support, Support for IT Professionals and enter 2459492 into the field marked Lookup KB articles.
The header for the article reads: "A TIFF file is displayed with black horizontal lines in Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 7"
You must download a file and install it into your system.

Erik Schaefer

Mogens, that is really interesting.

I downloaded many opslag with Windows XP and Win7 over the years and some had lines.  But I reinstalled Windows 7 a few months ago.

After reading your posts, I looked through my tree at the .jpeg images I had uploaded to my tree.  Many had lines.  But when I went into my AO Tools Index, they no longer have lines there!

When I re-installed Win7, I must have upgraded that file to fix the .TIFF files.  Thank you for the feedback!  Now I have to decide if I want to keep the images with the lines, or fix them all...

???
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads