Could Someone Please Help Me

Startet af Dixie MacFarlane, 18 Nov 2012 - 17:50

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Dixie MacFarlane

Could someone please translate Fausing 1784-1807 second birth on Opslag 161 for me?  I believe it might possibly be a birth record for a Maren Nielsdatter born to Niels Pedersen & Mette Marie Rasmusdatter, but I'm not sure.  I found an 1801 census return for their family which has them living in Grund & lists five children, Maren being the first child born around 1788.  I did find a marriage record for Niels & Mette Marie - Oct 12, 1787 Opslag 159.  There were 4 other children born after Maren on the census record - Anne Marie born around 1793, Ane born around 1795, Peder (record found - born Apr 23, 1798 Opslag 242) & Johanne Marie (record found - born Sep 11, 1800 Opslag 269).  I've looked & looked, but can't find the birth records for Anne Marie & Ane. - Dixie

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Dixie
Second birth, opslag 161:
1787, 11. post Trinit.
Niels Nielsen Degns daugher Dorthe Maria.

So that is  not the one you are looking for.

Regards
Ruth

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi
Just a small correction:

Fausing, 1787, opslag 159:
On the 12th of April: Niels Pedersen and Mette Marie Rasmusdatter, both from Fausing Sogn, betrothed.
On the 12th of May: Niels Pedersen and Mette Marie Rasmusdatter, both from Fausing Sogn, married.

And here is the census you mention - makes it easier for others to see the family:

Randers, Sønderhald, Fausing, Grund, , 7, FT-1801, B9122
Navn:   Alder:   Civilstand:   Stilling i husstanden:   Erhverv:
Niels Pedersen   39    Gift   Husbonde   Bonde og gårdbeboer
Mette Marie Rasmusdatter   42    Gift   Hans kone   
Maren Nielsdatter   13    Ugift   Deres barn   
Anne Marie Nielsdatter   8    Ugift   Deres barn   
Anne Nielsdatter   6    Ugift   Deres barn   
Peder Nielsen   2    Ugift   Deres barn   
Johanne Marie Nielsdatter   1    Ugift   Deres barn   
Jens Pedersen   16    Ugift   Tjenestedreng   

Ralph Rasmussen

In the 1801 census ages are supposed to be the year entered into.  That suggests a birth in 1789 for Maren.  In opslag 165 there are two Marens from Grund given the same father within a few months of one another.  Might one of them be Niels Pedersen's Maren? 

There isn't much overlap between the witnesses to either of these and Peder's.

Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi Ralph
In both cases the father is Søren Pedersen, not Niels Pedersen

I think the parents have lived in another parish for the first years of their marriage.

Regards
Ruth

Ralph Rasmussen

My point is a possible garbled entry.  Two Søren Pedersens with the same tilnavn strikes me as unlikely.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi

And to Ralph: its two different girls the first one, Søren Pedersen thought he was the father but realised it was another mans girl. The second is his daughter. ;)

At Johanne Marie's baptism the father is named Niels Pedersen Bæk so I started looking for records with the name Niels Bæk.

I found:
opslag 160
1787, Dom 3. post Trin. Niels Bæk of Dramelstrup a daughter to church named Maren

opslag 181
opslag 193 - 6th line from bottom: Same day Niels Bæks stillborn son og Grund buried.

1792, 9. post Trin. Niels Bæk in Grund a daugher in church called Ane Marie.

opslag 205:
1794, Dom. Lætare. Niels Bæks daughter Ane of Grund buried, 4 years old.

opslag 212
1794, Dom post Nat. Xti, Niels Bæk of Grund had a daugher baptised called Ane, born on the 9th of Nov.

opslag 234
1797, Dom. 1. p. Trin. Niels Bæks of Grund stillborn daughter buried.

The only one I did not found, was the Ane born about 1790, died 1794.

So the couple lived in Drammelstrup, Fausing Sogn, the first couple of years after the marriage and then moved to.

Regards
Ruth

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

and then, I think - the last one  :)

opslag 291
1802, Baptism 20th p. Trin. 31st of Oct. Mette, born 11th of September.
Parents: Niels Pedersen Bæk and Mette Marie Rasmusdatter.

Regards
Ruth

Ralph Rasmussen

Søren Pedersen was a very unusual case.  I didn't read the fine print.  Ruth's persistence certainly paid off.

Niels Pedersen Bæk may be the one baptized Advent III 1762 (KB Fausing 1753-1814, opslag 110), a son of Peder Rasmussen? Bæk.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Dixie MacFarlane

I can't thank you all enough!  Your help has been just wonderful.  A couple more things, if you could please help me with -

Opslag 180, 2nd birth, lists a child, Ane, born in 1791.  It looks like the father is Niels & I can't make out the last name.  Could this be the birth record for the Ane that we can't find?  On Opslag 181, the record for the stillborn son you found for me in 1791 - how much time do you figure was between the stillborn boy's burial & the birth record on Opslag 180 - were they twins perhaps?

On Opslag 234 I believe it mentions that a Niels Baek introduced his wife.  This doesn't make sense to me as Opslag 291 (1802) lists another child born to Niels & Mette Marie & I have a record of their marriage dated May 12, 1797 (Opslag 159) & a record of death (Opslag 113) dated Jun 17, 1825 saying Mette Marie Rasmusdatter died & was the wife of Niels Pedersen Baek.  Any explanations?

Thank you so much! - Dixie

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Ane in opslag 180 is not the one you are looking for. Her father is Niels Zwist, so no twin sister.
Niels Zwist gets quite a lot of childres as well in this period, so I have met his name several times  ;D

opslag 234:
The women were introduced to the church after each birth. So there is no problem there. The stillborn daughter were buried dom. 1. p. Trin. and Mette Marie were introduced 3 weeks later.
This means there are no problems according to marriage or death.

I have a record of their marriage dated May 12, 1797 (Opslag 159) - you mean 1787!

I found this for you to explain a little more abour introductions:

"Introduction of maternity woman in the church after birth was until 1797 an enforced ceremony. When the woman had given birth, she was considered "unclean" and should for the same reason stay at home for the first five to six weeks. Then she met up and waited in the porch until the priest fetched her. He would then make a little speach for her - and say a prayer, then lead her into the church to her customary place in the church."

Hope this answers your questions.

Regards
Ruth

Dixie MacFarlane

How interesting!  Thank you, Ruth, for explaining this to me.  Kind regards, Dixie

Dixie MacFarlane

I came across this record from 1758 - Opslag 58.  Over half-way down on this page it looks like Peder Bæk & Anne Nielsdatter became engaged.  Is this correct?  I looked further, but couldn't find a marriage record for them.  Also on this page, a couple of records down, there is the birth of a child, Mette Marie.  Would you be able to tell me what the father's name is?  I'm hoping this is Mette Marie Rasmusdatter, who was Niels Pedersen's wife.  Thank-you!

Ralph Rasmussen

Typogremlin at work.  The formal engagement is opslag 68, the marriage opslag 70, Friday, October 13th.  That's the third and fourth line:

Viede Fredagen d: 13 Octb: Peder Beck og Anne
Nielsdatter i Framelstrup Copulerede

This Mette Marie is Iver's daughter.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Dixie MacFarlane

Thank you very much, Ralph!

Dixie MacFarlane

I have but one more record if you would kindly translate it for me:  Fausing 1829 Opsleg 115.  On the bottom line there is a death recorded Jul 5, 1829 for Ane Nielsdatter.  I'm hoping this is the record of death for Ane Nielsdatter who was born to Niels Baek & Mette Marie Rasmusdatter.  The age is correct, but I can't read the comments - it looks like it might say she was married to a Peder Jensen/Ivarsen, but I can't find a marriage record for her.  Can you please decifer it for me?  Thank-you!

Ralph Rasmussen

#8 Juli d: 5, Juli d:9de Ane Niels Datter
Gaardfæster og Sognefoget Peder Jensens Hustru af Fausing, 34 Aar

'Copyholder' and bailif Peder Jensen's wife, of Fausing.

I'm still pondering the marriage.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Ralph Rasmussen

It now looks like the age belongs to the tenth one on the page, and Ane's age is not listed. 

This Ane Nielsdatter seems to be the widow married in 1808, (Avning/Fausing 1808-1814, opslag 5).  That fits with an Ane Nielsdatter, born ca. 1771, married to an older man in the 1801 Fausing cencus.
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen

Dixie MacFarlane

Thank you, Ralph!  Definitely looks like this is not the Ane Nielsdatter I'm looking for & I've reached the end of the trail to find out what happened to her.  I really appreciate all your help.