Bodil and Thrine Prebensen

Startet af Ashley Prebensen, 13 Nov 2012 - 04:24

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Ashley Prebensen

Hi,

I have most of the information to complete my family tree. The only section is what happened to Bodil Marie Prebensen born 24 Sept, 1847 (maybe 1842?) and her sister Thrine Prebensen born 23rd February, 1845.

Their parents were Preben and Kirsten Hansen. They also had a sister Sidsel and a brother Niels who died in their early years. They lived in Odsted Denmark.

I can provide further information if required. I do not need information regarding the extended family, but it would be wonderful of any assistance any help in regards to Bodil or Thrine and their descendants.

With warmest regards,

Ashley

John Wrenholt

Just a couple of census recordsd to get started:

Vejle, Jerlev, Ødsted, Rugsted By, , en Gaard, 100, FT-1850
Name:   Age:   Marital status:   Occupation in household:   Occupation:   Birth place:
Preben Hansen   70   Gift      Husfader, Rokkedreier   Starup Sogn, Veile Amt
Kirsten Nielsdatter   39   Gift      hans Kone   Høien Sogn, Veile Amt
Jens Prebensen   14   Ugift      deres Barn   Starup Sogn, Veile Amt
Trine Prebensen   5   Ugift      deres Barn   Starup Sogn, Veile Amt
Bodild Marie Prebensen   3   Ugift      deres Barn   her i Sognet

Vejle, Tørrild, Bredsten, Kjærbølling By, , , 10, FT-1890
Name:   Age:   Marital status:   Occupation in household:   Occupation:   Birth place:
Frederik Hansen   45   Gift   Husfader   Husmand   Give Sogn
Bodil Marie Prebensen   43   Gift   Husmoder      Ødsted Sogn
Nielsine Hansen   16   Ugift   Barn      Bredsten Sogn
Hans Kristian Hansen   12      Barn      Bredsten Sogn
Jørgen Kristian Hansen   10      Barn      Bredsten Sogn
Sofie Hansen   7      Barn      Bredsten Sogn
Niels Preben Hansen   5      Barn      Bredsten Sogn
Teodo Kristian Hansen   4      Barn      Bredsten Sogn
Ane Katrine Hansen   3      Barn      Bredsten Sogn
Rasmus Olesen   73   Gift   Aftægtsmand   Lever af Aftægten   Bredsten Sogn
Kirstine Nielsdatter   78   Gift   Aftægtskone      Bredsten Sogn

John Wrenholt

Bodil Marie Prebensen was born Sept 24 , 1847 in ødsted. You can find her birth record in the churchbook 1838-1873 ødsted (Ops 92).  I have not verified this but it seems that her father died and her mother remarried to Rasmus Olesen.  Rasmus Olesen, Kirstin Nielsdatter and Bodil Marie are listed in the 1860 census in Bredsted Sogn.  Bodil Marie's confirmation is recorded in the Bredsted churchbook in 1861 (ops 177). 

Ashley Prebensen

Thank you for those records :) It is very interesting that Bodil Prebensen married a Hansen as her father was Preben Hansen (Kirsten Nielsdatter's first husband).

Preben Hansen died 28 December, 1853. He would be my Great, great, great grandfather.

Kindest regards,

Ashley

Ashley Prebensen

I found the following link:

http://vk.stamskoven3.dk/anetavler.asp?id=133

I don't know if it's the same Niels, as it has the word Hardam after Hansen?

Kind regards

Ashley

Jane C

I haven't researched this - here are just quick thoughts.

Yes your link does show the son of Bodil Marie Prebensen and Frederik Hansen! (Niels Preben Hansen age 5 in the 1890 census that John posted.) So you have found living cousins - the maker of the family tree.

:D

Perhaps someone other than me will find out where the name Hardam comes from? Or the maker of the online tree may know. This was an era when Danes were still changing their surnames, often leaving behind their patronymic names (father's name + son or datter). Even as late as the early 1900s a law was passed to facilitate this. It's not unheard of that a new surname will appear.

In the 1880 census in the same place, Frederik Hansen and Bodil Marie Prebensen have three children (younger than Nielsine and older than Hans Kristian): Mette Kathrine age 4, Rasmus Peter also age 4, and Marie age 3.   (www.ddd.dda.dk)

Thoughts on other subjects:

Note Rasmus Olesen and Kirstine Nielsdatter are GIFT (married) in the 1890 census, and living with her daughter Bodil Marie Prebensen.

Trine is usually a shortened name for Catrine (Cathrine).

You are probably aware Bodil Marie and Trine also had half-siblings from an earlier marriage of Preben Hansen.

Mvh

Ashley Prebensen

Hi,

Thank you Jane for your interesting post. Bodil Marie Prebensen certainly had a very large family, but I would think was common for the period. I have been doing some research on Trine Prebensen. It seems after the 1850 census there is no mention of her.

Would I be safe to assume that she might have passed away at a very young age?

Kindest regards,

Ashley

John Wrenholt

If Trine had died between 1850 and 1860, her death most likely would have been recorded in either the ødsted or the Bredsted churchbook.  I can't find a record of it in either one during those years.  While it's possible that she died and we're just not finding the record, I feel it's also possible that she is living with another family (either a relative or as part of her employment).  Until more census records are transcribe and entered in the database, I can't think of a good method to use to search for her.