Churchbooks

Startet af Jake Peterson, 01 Okt 2012 - 04:36

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jake Peterson

Hello all;

Long time no see! Been busy the last couple years.

I do have a question: Has the list on Arrivals and Departures in the AO been updated past 1875?

Thanks!

Jake Peterson

Eva Morfiadakis

Hi,

Around 1875 these lists disappeared since it was no a longer a task for the church to register people moving in and out. It became a task for civil authorities.

Eva M
Eva M

Jake Peterson

Thanks! Do you know if they are to be found online anywhere?

Eva Morfiadakis

They are not on-line,  I think. If it is a man you may find him in the military levies/rolls.

Eva M
Eva M

Erik Schaefer

There was a Danish native who was kind enough to help me with my great grandmother's departure from Denmark to Canada in the 1920s.  I don't know the source of where they got their image, but somehow they got a photo of the departure list which included my G-Grandmother and two of her sons.
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Helle Thor Hirschmann

Hi.

This might help a bit.

I do not know if this is where this other person found the image, but it is worth a try:

http://www.ddd.dda.dk/ddd_en.htm

Helle

Jake Peterson

Erik-

Do you still have contact information for that person?

Anyway, around 2007, I had a thread going in the old forum for one of my ancestors. I had found a person with a slightly different name-more danish-like, with the same birth date. It was a great thread with a wealth of information. The people who posted seemed to have the conclusions that since the Arrivals and departures in the AO stopped in 1875, that military rolls and immigration records was the place to turn. Unfortunately, my ancestor ended up in Galveston, Texas, and that presented a problem, because searches on Ellis Island and Castlegardens proved unsuccessful. Being in Texas at the turn of hte 20th century also proved problematic, since the hurricane of 1900 most likely wiped out many records that were kept prior to that time.

I just need to persue one of those avenues, but I'm not sure which to go with. I'm in Iowa, so a trip to Texas is not in the forseeable future, and I don't know if military records are online or not.

Erik Schaefer

I'm sorry Jake, I can't find the message on here now.  Looking at the image, I may have been mistaken...I think the document is their arrival in Canada because it's in English.  I thought it was their departure, but I see no dates to see their arrival or departure times, so I can only assume it's their Canadian arrival.  So sorry.
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Jake Peterson

Erik-

It's cool. I'm sure some other avenue will turn up. I've been working on this line off and on since 2007, so I'm confident the answer will shine through some day  :)

Jake Peterson

Hello, Wanted to ask: Have the census on AO been updated past 1925? I know that's where they last stopped updating when I checked. Have they done 1930, 35, ect?

Helmer Christiansen

Census 1930 is now the last census online.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Jake Peterson

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Jake

Jake Peterson

Well, darn! I seemed to misplaced my notes for this couple. I think I found them in Kobenhagen in 1930, as the man was one of the enumerators.

Names are Hulgar K. Jorgensen and Rasmine J. Mortensen. I'll do some searches later, but I know the handwriting can be hard to read.

Helle Thor Hirschmann

If you have more data on the couple you might get a response at this site:

http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?lang=en

It is the moving registrations by the police in Copenhagen appr. 1890 to 1923.

His name would most likely be HOLGER K. Jørgensen.

I have made an advanced search and found nothing.

But if you have a birthdate you may search using just the date:

07-05-1876

NOTICE:
In Denmark the above date is May 7th 1876 and NOT July 5th 1876.
We NEVER use the reversed order in genealogy - unless we help people like yourself.
And then we usually spell the month to avoid misunderstandings.

Hope you and yours have had enjoyable holidays.

Best greetings

Helle Hirschmann
Næstved

Jake Peterson

Hello, Helle,

Well, let's see: I know that in 1925, Holgar and Rasmine were residing in Kobenhagen, because I remember having had someone help me find that they moved to there. It was odd, since Holgar was born in Klakring, Bjerre, Vejle, Denmark on 14 Jun 1854, while Rasmine was born in Breth, Barrit, Vejle, Denmark on 18 Dec 1858, and both married in Klakring in 1884.

Unfortunately, I don't remember if, when it came to the census, if it was the Kobenhagen proper, or if it was the one listed under Landsogn.

Jane C

Hi,
Here is the thread in which you found Holger and Rasmine in 1925:
http://www.dis-danmark.dk/forum/read.php?11,518213,518901#msg-518901

Here Holger and Rasmine are both on a farm called Bolbro in As sogn, Bjerre herred, Vejle amt:
http://softgen.dk/bjerre.htm

Below are the people (Holger and Rasmine) you are talking about in 1880:

1880 - [Holger with his mother]
Vejle, Bjerre, Klakring, Vesterager, et huus
Mette Rasmusdatter 63, enke, Husmoder, lever af sin Jordlod, born in Raarup sogn, Veile Amt
Holger Christian Jørgensen, 25, ugift, hendes søn, tjener Moderen, born in Klakring sogn, Veile Amt

1880 - [Rasmine with her first husband]
Vejle, Bjerre, Klakring, Klakring, et huus
Ane Johanne Nielsen 72, enke, Husmoder, lever af sin Jordlod, born in øritslev sogn, Aarhus amt
Niels Poulsen 36, Gift, hendes søn, P.T. Skovfoged, born her i Sognet
Rasmine Jørgine Mortensen 21 Gift, hans Hustru, born in Barrit sogn, Veile Amt
Ane Johanne Jensen 13, pleidatter, born her i Sognet
Jens Peter Mortensen 18, ugift, Tjenestekarl, born in Bjerre sogn, Veile Amt

Hope this helps!

Mvh

Jake Peterson

Thanks, Jane! I cane sometimes try and search for my threads through Google for the old forums. It didn't occur to me to do this yet. LOL. Will see if I can find them in As, Denmark in 1930.

Jake Peterson

What is the name of the program you guys use to open churchbook images? It appears to not be on my computer anymore...?

I think it was Java script?

Helmer Christiansen

A Google translation of the page http://gen.salldata.dk/?p=brug-af-arkivalieronlinedk:

The scanned pages from Arkivalieronline are displayed using Java Webstart. This requires that Java is installed on your computer. If it is not, then go to www.java.com, click on the Free Java Download and follow the instructions.

If the pages still just downloaded and not opened, it probably a missing assignment in Windows file types. It is typically seen with Windows 7 and Google Chrome. To change it go into the Control Panel under Programs -> Default Programs -> Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

Find the file extension aspx, select it and click the Edit program.

Click Browse and select C:\Program Files(x86)\Java\jre6\bin\ javaws.exe

Click Open and then OK.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F