Finding births

Startet af george capton, 29 Dec 2010 - 05:41

Forrige emne - Næste emne

george capton

Hi    I need help finding birth pages  1749-1816 Lendum, Hjorring  I have found death date for Anne Marqvarsdatter page 124 Mar 18 1770 she was 71 1/2. Also Peder Torstensen page 127 death Oct 7 1781 he was 77. I cannot read parish records good enough to find their births, I  have looked at the parish records but I cannot tell which records are for births  I would like help  finding birth records for Anne and Peder. Thank you George

Ruth Steenberg Rasmussen

Hi George

I do not think they were born in Lendum.

I have looked through baptised children from 1694-1708. You find them in the book 1668-1726, opslag 62 till 89, but no Marquard or Tosten has had children baptised.

Regards
Ruth

Christina Wilson

Hi,

I looked quickly through the various Family Search sites and found a marriage date that deserves some followup. (It's from submitted files, not the extracted records)

A Peder Torstensen married an Anne Marqvardsdatter on 23 Oct 1729 in Estrup, Hørby, Hjørring. His father is listed as being Torsten Skraeder. Hørby is the parish, so Estrup is a farm???

Happy hunting,

Christina
Christina

Jette E. Toftegaard Pedersen

I have found the marriage Christina is referring to: Volstrup-Hørby 1725-1784 opslag 665. Torsten is said to be of Broen. No parents mentioned. Broen is in Volstrup Parish, but they were married in Hørby.
The church records in both parishes start 1725.
Med venlig hilsen

Jette (medlem 7167)
6000 Kolding

george capton

Hi Ruth and Christina
Thank you for your help, I will look in other parishs for births. I looked at other ancestry files
I can see other people have done the same research. I see another marriage for Peder I will see if I can find it. The parish records in Lendum  from 1726-1749 are not there, the marriage date of Oct 23 1729 is a puzzelhow they found it..Thank you I appreciate your help. George

george capton

Hi Jette
Thank you for your help. I would have never found the marriage without your help.The 2rd marriage I think is in Lendum, 1749-1818 page 15, Dec 13 1772 but it is hard to read.
Thank you for your help   Is it still snowing there.?

Ralph Rasmussen

I read re 1772:

Bride is from Bremose, daughter of the late Niels Nielsen

Widower Peder Torstensen of Hvidet and miss Maren Nielsdatter
Guarantors: Marquard Pedersen, Hvidet andAnders Jensen? Bak in Bremose

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

george capton

Hi Ralph Thanks for your help.  George