Difficulty in finding death information

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 10 Jul 2012 - 05:33

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I have located in the 1890 Census for Thisted the family for Anders Christian Mikkelsen and Ellen Pedersen f. Pedersdatter. 

1890 Census for Thisted, under Østerbakke, Mitrikel #146d

Name: Sex: Age: Marriage Status: Religious Pref: Birth Place: Household Position: Occupation: Work Place:
Anders Chr Mikkelsen, M, 60, M, Lutheran, Herrer, Husfader, Sailor, Thisted
Ellen Pedersen, F, 59 M, Lutheran, Sennels, Husmoder
Eleanora Kristine Olesen, F, 10, S, Lutheran, Thisted, Barn
Jens Chr Christensen, M, 18, S, Lutheran, Thisted, Barn

I have yet to locate a death entry for either of the heads of household. I have looked through the Thisted, Hundborg, Thisted registers up through 1929 (age 100 for him) and have not found an entry.

Any suggestion as to how to proceed?

Thank you for any suggestions......
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Eva Morfiadakis

Probably they moved from the parish. Have you looked for them in Census 1901?

Eva M

Eva M

Lynn Christiansen

I did check the 1901 Thisted Census, nothing. I'll just have to keep trying. Thank you for the suggestion though..... :) :) :)

Ralph Rasmussen

Can you follow Anders through previous censuses?  I tried that and searching for Jens Christian in the Thisted city parish births, thinking that Anders could live with one of his children.  Are there any hints in his past to where he might have moved?

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Lynn Christiansen

I have located Anders Christian Michelsen birth on 10 May 1829 in Østerild, Hillerslev, Thisted, marriage on 12 Nov 1852 in Thisted, marrying Ellen Pedersdatter who was born on 9 Apr 1830 in Sennels.

Together they had 6 children between 1853 and 1864 Mette Marie (1853), Petrine (1855), Lars (1857), Petrine (1859), Christian Michael (1862) and Elaine Catherine (1864).

I have located ACM in the 1834, 1840, 1845, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, and 1890 Thisted Censuses.

With that much time spent in Thisted I would have thought they may have died in Thisted also.

In the 1880 Census Jens Christian Christensen is indicated as "deres Pleiesøn". If I am correct in my understanding JCC is their "Foster son"

I have been able to track them to a great degree except in death. Hence, my inquiry.