Help finding a house

Startet af Laura Matzen, 22 Apr 2012 - 09:02

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Laura Matzen

Hello!

I'm traveling to Denmark with my family in about a month and we would like to visit the place where my great-great-grandfather lived, but I am having some trouble figuring out exactly where it is. His name was Theodore Korner Matzen and he was born in 1835. I have found him listed in the 1840 census in this household:
Odense, Skovby, Veflinge, Weflinge Bye, , en Gaard, 54, FT-1840

At some point after that, his family moved closer to Middelfart and he became a sailor. His family was listed in the 1860 census under this entry:
Odense, Vends, Middelfart Landdistrikt, Hindsgavl, , Kongebrogaard, 22, FT-1860

TK Matzen moved to the US, but traveled back to Denmark several times. We have a photo of him in front of his family's home and we'd like to try to find that house. I'm not sure if it is the house where he was born or the house where his family lived near Middelfart, but I suspect that it is the one near Middelfart. Is there a way to use this census information to narrow down where the house might be?

Another relative of ours traveled to Denmark about 40 years ago and visited the house, so it was still there at that time, but he hasn't been able to help us with pinpointing the location.

Thank you very much for any help you can provide!

Laura

Lis Nielsen

I can not find ft 1860 that you refer to. But if we googler Hindsgavl, then there`s foreksempel this.

http://www.hindsgavl.dk/

if we Googler Kongebrogaard, there`s foreksempel this

http://www.middelfart.tv/k5ng8/1705-abent-hus-kongebrogarden/

has he  worked there?, do you have more information?

maybe you can attach the picture

vh lis

Henrik Brandt

Hello Laura,

This must be the census you have found:

Odense, Vends, Middelfart Landdistrikt, Hindsgavl, Kongebrogaard, 22, FT-1860, B2180
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Christian Matzen   60 år    Gift   huusfader   gjæstgiver   Øtrup Sogn, Odense Amt
Johanne Christine Lund   52 år    Gift   hans kone      Bogense
Emma Caroline Henriette Matzen   16 år    Ugift   deres datter      Jellinge Sogn, Veile Amt
Thora Wilhelmine Matzen   19 år    Ugift   deres datter      Thilts Sogn, Aarhus Amt
Dagmar Elise Matzen   11 år    Ugift   deres datter      Nebsager?? sogn, Veile Amt
Maren Sophie Lund   12 år    Ugift   pleiebarn      Sandager Sogn, Odense Amt
Sophie Elisabeth Lund   65 år    Ugift      huusjomfru   Bogense
Ane Margarethe Matzen   21 år    Ugift      tjenestepige   Asperup Sogn, Odense Amt
Peter Hansen   29 år    Ugift      tjenestekarl   Gaarslev Sogn, Veile Amt
Jørgen Jensen   46 år    Gift   huusfader   væver   Middelfart
Ane Johanne Olsen   37 år    Gift   hans kone      Fjelsted Sogn, Odense Amt
Morten Jensen   5 år    Ugift   deres søn      her i sognet
Jens Jensen   3 år    Ugift   deres søn      her i sognet
Ole Peter Jensen   1 år    Ugift   deres søn      her i sognet
Margrethe Hansen   76 år    Enke(mand)   væverens moder      Causlunde Sogn, Odense Amt

The head of the household, Christian Matzen, is a "gæstgiver" (innkeeper) at Kongebrogaard. Kongebrogaard was an inn built in 1812. It burned down in 1864 but was rebuilt. The building was demolished in 1989 and the modern hotel Kongebrogården was built. The surroundings, the Hindsgavl peninsula, are very beautiful so it is worth visiting the area.

Next to Kongebrogården there is an old house, Grimmermosehuset:

http://www.middelfart.dk/Global/Nyheder/Arkiv%202011/Grimmermosehuset%20indviet

That could be the place where "væver" (weaver) Jørgen Jensen and his family is living in 1860.

Some old pictures with Kongebrogården (after the 1864 fire):

http://www.ottoolssonslaegt.dk/middelfart17.jpg
http://www.ottoolssonslaegt.dk/kongbrogaarden.jpg
http://www.middelfart-museum.dk/lillebaeltsbroerne/images/stories/31-02.jpg

Henrik

Lissa Pedersen

Hi,

Just give the 1840 census:

odense, Skovby, Veflinge, Weflinge Bye, , en Gaard, 54, FT-1840
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Christjan Matzen 40  Gift  Eier af Gaarden  
Johanne Christine Lund 32  Gift  hans Kone  
Jakobine Matzen 14  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Hertha Nathalia Matzen 12  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Niels Matzen 8  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Theodor Matzen 6  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Lucie Matzen 3  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Karl Matzen 1  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Sophia Lund 45  Ugift  Huusjomfru  
Mads Madsen 30  Ugift  Avlskarl  
Rasmus Jensen 16  Ugift  Tjenestedreng  
Margrethe Hansdatter 23  Ugift  Tjenestepiger  
Marie Hansdatter 16  Ugift  Tjenestepiger

In 1845 the family is in Jelling:

vejle, Tørrild, Jelling, Jellinge, , en Gaard, 12, FT-1845
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Christian Matzen 45  gift  Landmand Otterup S., Odense A.
Johanne Christine Lund 37  gift  hans kone Bogense
Sophie Dorthea Elisabet Lund 50  ugift  Konens søster Bogense
Niels Matzen 13  ugift  deres søn Veflinge S., Odense A.
Theodor Matzen 10  ugift  deres søn Veflinge S., Odense A. (which means that he is born in Veflinge parish)
Jacobine Sofie Charlotte Matzen 19  ugift  deres datter Bogense
Lucie Charl. Octavia Matzen 3  ugift  deres datter her i sognet
Emma Caroline Henriette Matzen 1  ugift  deres datter her i sognet
Rasmus Jensen Føvling 38  enke  Tjenestekarl Føvling S., Skanderborg A
Iver Christensen 25  ugift  Tjenestekarl Kollerup S., Vejle A.
Laurs Markussen 20  ugift  Tjenestekarl her i sognet
Niels Christensen 21  ugift  Tjenestekarl Nørup S., Vejle A.
Christen Mogensen 24  ugift  Røgter Hvejsel S., Vejle A.
Ane Sophie Pedersdatter 30  ugift  Tjenestepige Lindeballe S., Vejle A.

Lissa

Laura Matzen

Thank you all! This is extremely helpful information. It is wonderful to see the pictures of the Kongebrogaard inn. We will definitely plan to visit that area.

Here is the photo of the house:

I also just realized that another photo I have of Theodor Matzen (the one below) has "Kongebro" written on the back.

Laura Matzen

I forgot to include one other question. I've always wondered why the surname Matzen was passed down for several generations, rather than patronyms. In my family tree, I have Niels Matzen (1778-1861), his son Christian Matzen (1801-1891, the head of the household in these censuses) and then Theodor Matzen. That seems very unusual for that time, and all of my other Danish ancestors used patronyms until coming to the US. Does anyone have any ideas about why this particular family did not?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Laura,

From this website: http://ddd.dda.dk/nygaard/visning_billed.asp?id=246024&sort=e I found a note about Christian Matzen. It desn't say much about him, only that in 1839 he is in Veflinge on Funen and then a reference to the Jelling churchbook (don't really know what this reference is about). The site has approx. half a milion notes about people in Jutland. It's a bit difficult to explain about it in few words.

Lissa

Helmer Christiansen

Citat fra: Lissa Pedersen Dato 22 Apr 2012 - 23:46
Hi Laura,

From this website: http://ddd.dda.dk/nygaard/visning_billed.asp?id=246024&sort=e I found a note about Christian Matzen. It desn't say much about him, only that in 1839 he is in Veflinge on Funen and then a reference to the Jelling churchbook (don't really know what this reference is about). The site has approx. half a milion notes about people in Jutland. It's a bit difficult to explain about it in few words.

Lissa

It's the death of a 3 1/4 year old son Carl Gjellebølle Matzen on October 11th 1842, born in Veflinge in Fyen.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Henrik Brandt

Hi Laura,

It is interesting to see your photos. I think I can read one of the signs on the tree:

"Restaurationen er aaben hele Aaret" (the restaurant is open the whole year)

Then there is the Matzen name. It has a German sound - in Danish the name would be Madsen. Do you know if the family came from Schleswig-Holstein, the mainly German speaking part of the Danish monarchy? I think they started using "permanent" surnames in stead of patronyms down there quite early, earlier than in Denmark.

There are more pictures from Kongebrogården here, among others a drawing from 1854:

http://historiskatlas.dk/Kongebro

I think you have to install some software called Silverlight to see it.

Henrik

Laura Matzen

Thank you Lissa, Helmer, and Henrik!

I didn't know about the database of notes. I will have to search through that more to look for other ancestors who lived in Jutland. I have great-grandparents who lived in Bovling parish and we are planning to visit that area on our trip as well.

Henrik, thank you for the link to the pictures. It is fascinating to see them. I haven't been able to trace the Matzen family beyond Fyn, but maybe they did come from Schleswig-Holstein at some point. That might explain it. I will keep looking! Christian Matzen's mother was named Jacobine Cathrine Krag and the Krag surname was also passed down for several generations.

I have another ancestor who I am searching for as well. Her name was Marie Anna Jensen and I have never been able to find her in a census or church record. I know quite a bit about her life because she lived to be 109 years old and one of my aunts wrote down her oral history. But I have never been able to find her in any records from Denmark. Here is the story about her early life (written in the 1940s). You might find the story interesting!

Laura

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE STORY OF GRANDMA CARSTENSEN

Marie Anna Jensen was born January 24, 1849 in Vordingborg, Denmark. Her family lived in the country. She was the eldest of the three children. Her brother, Bendt, was two years younger, and her sister, Marenstina was seventeen years younger. Her father worked in a factory where they bleached the linen for men's work shirts. The family was of the peasant class.
   Her brother, Bendt, lived to be 84 or 85. His oldest son came to the United States but after a year in America went back to Denmark. Marenstina married an aristocrat and had only one son. He is a bachelor, born about 1890. He runs a greenhouse in Nyraad, Denmark.

Denmark Schools

In Denmark education was compulsory. Grandma Carstensen (as we will call her) went to school one day for assignments and recitation, and then stayed out a day for study. The schools were crowded. The students walked from one to three miles to school in wooden shoes. In winter time there was lots of snow, so a stop to kick out the snow was necessary. When the children arrived at school, they would put on a dry pair of stockings.
   Most of the teachers were men. There was always respect and order. The curriculum consisted of: reading, writing, numbers, and religious instruction. The Lutheran Church was the state church so al were graduated and confirmed at fourteen years of age. Then they were considered full-fledged adults.

Grandma's Work

The first year after Grandma was out of school, she was a hired girl. She received $7.00 US money, or 28 kroner of Danish money, for six months work. She was called the third hired girl. Her duties were to be a milk maid, and care for children. The cows were staked out. Many times the milk had to be carried for a mile and a half. Going out to milk the cows, the milk maids always carried their knitting with them so as to utilize every minute.
   Grandma Carstensen worked on a large farm where three maids were doing the milking, and butter and cheese making. Always in spare moments knitting was the occupation for relaxation. Besides maids the "gaard" or farm hired from three to eight men to do necessary farming. In harvest time all hands (both men and girls) worked in the fields. There was very little machinery used. Harvesting was done with a scythe; threshing with a flail. The ground was spaded instead of plowed. There was much peat moss in the area which was piled and stacked to dry for fuel.
   The usual routine on the farm was as follows: A cup of coffee on rising; then the milking; then back for breakfast. Menu was rye gruel or porridge, ske-mad (pronounced ske-my), which means porridge which was eaten with a spoon, and home made rye bread.
   It was customary to bake once a month in enormous ovens, using peat for fuel. They had lunch in the forenoon, dinner, then lunch in the afternoon, and supper. Fish and pork were staples. The people ate geese and duck on state occasions. One of their staples for lunch or supper was clabbered milk.
   When Grandma got to be head dairy maid she was paid $14 for six months work.
   It was there at this farm that Anders and Marie became acquainted in 1868. The planned to be married in the spring of 1869, and sail together to the United States, the "land of promise". There was no universal military training in the United States as in Denmark, and money was supposed to be very much available.
   However, before the wedding date arrived, Grandma's father had broken his leg. So, with her mother bewailing that calamity, along with the idea that she would never see her daughter again, the young people decided that Grandpa should go as planned, and they postponed the wedding date. Her mother said, "she'd rather see Marie go to the cemetery than to America."

To the United States

In September 1869, Grandma got a steerage ticket for America. The voyage took about three weeks. The ship landed at Quebec, then Grandma traveled to Oconto, Wisconsin where Grandpa had found work in the saw mills. On October 29, 1869, Grandma and Grandpa were married by a Lutheran minister. The wedding party traveled by horsedrawn lumber wagon.
   (Laura Carstensen remembers her mother hearing once or twice a year from Denmark but it took ten cents to send a letter so no one could afford to write very often. Grandma's father died at 50 with cancer of the stomach.)

Helmer Christiansen

Citat fra: Laura Matzen Dato 22 Apr 2012 - 21:59
I forgot to include one other question. I've always wondered why the surname Matzen was passed down for several generations, rather than patronyms. In my family tree, I have Niels Matzen (1778-1861), his son Christian Matzen (1801-1891, the head of the household in these censuses) and then Theodor Matzen. That seems very unusual for that time, and all of my other Danish ancestors used patronyms until coming to the US. Does anyone have any ideas about why this particular family did not?

In the upper class, it was common to use fixed last names already in the late 18th century.

Matzen is a special way to write the patronym Madsen. tz instead of ds.

If your Christian Matzen was he who was born in Østrup Parish, Odense County, as the son of Niels Madsen and Jacobine Kragh with baptism confirmed at church 8th March 1801, he was born into an upper class family.

His father was manager of a very large farm, which belonged to the estate Nislevgård. Present address Østrupskovgårdsvej 51, ​​5450 Otterup.

In the parish register of Østrup the vicar wrote the fathers last name Madsen with 'ds'.

A cadastral map from 1809 indicates the name of the manager of Østrup Skovgård: Hr. Forvalter Madsen [Mr. Madsen manager]

Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Helmer Christiansen

Citat fra: Laura Matzen Dato 24 Apr 2012 - 07:23
I have another ancestor who I am searching for as well. Her name was Marie Anna Jensen and I have never been able to find her in a census or church record. I know quite a bit about her life because she lived to be 109 years old and one of my aunts wrote down her oral history. But I have never been able to find her in any records from Denmark.

From the parish records of Vordingborg, 1846-1851, Vordingborg, Bårse, Præstø, Opslag 58:

[Born] 24 Januar [1849]

[Name] Anne Marie Jensen

[Christened] 18 Martii

[Parents] Indsidder [lodger] Jens Han-
sen og Kone [wife] Kirsten
Bendts Datter af [from]
Bakkebølle

[Sponsors] Pigen [the girl] A:M: Andersen, M: Christensen, Hmd N:
Hansen, Hmd S: Johansen, Hmd B: Andersen,
alle af Bakkebølle [all from B]

242-47

The family in the 1850 census:

All persons in the household

Præstø, Baarse, Vordingborg Landsogn, Bakkebølle, , nr.29, et hus, 39.fam., FT-1850
Name:   Age:   Marital status:   Occupation in household:   Occupation:   Birth place:
Jens Hansen   30    Gift      indsidder [lodger], daglejer [day laborer]   Kallehauge, Præstø amt
Kirsten Bendtsen   26    Gift      hans kone   her i sognet [in this parish], Vordingborg
Ane Marie Jensen   1    Ugift      deres barn   her i sognet, Vordingborg
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Jane C

Citat fra: Helmer Christiansen Dato 24 Apr 2012 - 11:34
If your Christian Matzen was he who was born in Østrup Parish, Odense County, as the son of Niels Madsen and Jacobine Kragh with baptism confirmed at church 8th March 1801, he was born into an upper class family. His father was manager of a very large farm, which belonged to the estate Nislevgård. Present address Østrupskovgårdsvej 51, ​​5450 Otterup. In the parish register of Østrup the vicar wrote the fathers last name Madsen with 'ds'. A cadastral map from 1809 indicates the name of the manager of Østrup Skovgård: Hr. Forvalter Madsen [Mr. Madsen manager]

Following Helmer's information, Christian Matzen age 1:
Odense, Lunde, Østrup, Østrup, , F3, FT-1801, A2787
Niels Madsen 51 gift Husbond Forvalter ved Nislevgård
Jacobine Catrine Kragh 36 gift Kone
Mauritz Gothold(??) Kragh 4 ugift Søn [Niels Madsen]
Christian Kragh 1 ugift Søn [Niels Madsen]
Lucie Charlotte Kragh 10 ugift Datter [Niels Madsen]

Mette Catrine Graae 21 ugift Tjenestefolk Husjomfru
Christian Nicolai Pingell 20 ugift Tjenestefolk Informator
Jens Hansen 31 ugift Tjenestefolk
Jørgen Henrichsen 33 gift Tjenestefolk Landværnsmand
Hans Andersen 21 ugift Tjenestefolk
Ole Hansen 49 gift Tjenestefolk Husmand med jord
Kirsten Madsdatter 23 ugift Tjenestefolk
Kirsten Knudsdatter 27 ugift Tjenestefolk
Maren Jensdatter 31 ugift Tjenestefolk
Giertrud Pedersdatter 32 ugift Tjenestefolk

Nislevgård on Wikipedia - now used as a school (with a Facebook page):
http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nislevg%C3%A5rd

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Jane C

Vejle, Bjerre, Nebsager, Elisedal, en Gaard, 53, FT-1850, D2031
Christian Matzen 49 Gift Gaardmand, Huusfader Lunde Sogn, Odense Amt
Johanne Lund 41 Gift hans Kone Bogense
Niels Matzen 18 Ugift deres Børn Vigerslev Sogn, Odense Amt
Theodor Matzen 15 Ugift deres Børn Vigerslev Sogn, Odense Amt
Jacobine Matzen 23 Ugift deres Børn Bogense
Lucie Matzen 8 Ugift deres Børn Jelling Sogn, Veile Amt
Emma Matzen 6 Ugift deres Børn Jelling Sogn, Veile Amt
Thora Matzen 4 Ugift deres Børn Tilsted Sogn, Aarhuus !! Amt
Dagmar Matzen 1 Ugift deres Børn Her i Sognet

Sophie Lund 55 Ugift Huusholderske Bogense
Frederik Knudsen 27 Ugift Tjenestefolk Her i Sognet
Mads Jørgensen 41 Ugift Tjenestefolk Glud Sogn, Veile Amt
Hans Rasmussen 43 Ugift Tjenestefolk Stenderup Sogn, Veile Amt
Iver Christensen 30 Ugift Tjenestefolk Vindelev Sogn, Veile Amt
Dorthea Nielsdatter 31 Gift Tjenestefolk Hover Sogn, Veile Amt
Andersine Markusdatter 20 Ugift Tjenestefolk Jelling Sogn, Veile Amt

Jane C

Odense, Skovby, Veflinge, Veflinge By, , 9, FT-1834, B6168
Christian Matzen 34 Gift Gaardmand
Johanne Kristine Lund 26 Gift Kone
Jakobine Sofie Matzen 8 Ugift Datter
Herta Matalia Matzen 6 Ugift Datter
Niels Matzen 2 Ugift Søn

Niels Andersen 26 Ugift Tjenestekarl
Niels Hansen 18 Ugift Tjenestekarl
Karen Andersdatter 30 Ugift Tjp
Karen Jørgensdatter 18 Ugift Tjp

Jane C

This 1801 and 1834 census, below,could be Johanne Lund's parents and sister Sophie (Sophia Lund 45 Ugift Huusjomfru in 1840, Sophie Dorthea Elisabet Lund 50 ugift Konens søster Bogense in 1845, Sophie Lund 55 Ugift Huusholderske Bogense in 1850).

Odense, Skovby, Bogense Købstad, Bogense, St: Annagaden den matr.82-løbenr. 10, F 104, FT-1801, A3471
Michel Jensen Lund 46 g Huusbonde Kiøbmand
Sophie Magdalene Eleonore 30 g Hans kone
Henrich Lund 10 - Hans barn med den første kone  
Anne Cathrine Elisabeth 8 - Hans barn med den første kone
Sophie Dorthe Elisabeth 6 - Hans barn med den første kone
Jensine 3 - Deres barn
Jens Michelsen 2 - Deres barn
Anders Jensen 36 u - Avlskarl. Tienestefolk
Peder Jensen 21 u - Gaardskarl og i Land Rullen. Tienestefolk
Karen Hansdaatter 21 u - Tienestefolk
Christiane Arosdatter 36 g ?? - Tienestefolk. Manden i No. 107
Giertrud Kirstine Pedersdatter 21 u - Tienestefolk
Mette Kirstine Hansdatter 14 - - Tienestefolk

Odense, Skovby, Bogense Købstad, Bogense Købstad, Adelgade nr. 53, , FT-1834, C0816
Niels Valentin Burchartz 36 Gift Kiøbmand
Jensine Lund 37 Gift Hans Kone  (she could be sister to Johanne Lund also)
Christian Burchartz 10 - deres Børn
Marie Burchartz 6 - deres Børn
Jacob Burchartz 5 - deres Børn Arnt
Dahl Burchartz 1 - deres Børn
Sophie Lund 40 Ugift Huusjomfrue
Trine Larsdatter 20 Ugift Tjenestefolk
Kirsten Mosin 18 Ugift Tjenestefolk

Henrik Brandt

Christian Matzen, son of Niels Madsen and Jacobine Catharina Krag, husband of Johanne Lund, is on Geni:

http://www.geni.com/people/Christian-Matzen/6000000007209478430?through=6000000007209354525

A book about Christian Matzen's family:

https://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp?display=titledetails&titleno=516879
Citat
Ancestors and descendants of Christian Matzen (1801-1888), son of Niels Madsen and Jacobine Catrine Krag, who was born in Østrup Skovgård, Østrup parish, Odense and died in Middelfart. He married Johanne Christine Lund (1809-1893) 1825 in Bogense. She was born in Bogense to Michel Jensen Lund and Sophie M.E. Einfeldt. They had eleven children, who were born in Bogense, Nebsager, Tilst, Jelling and Veflinge parishes. They used surname Matzen.

Laura Matzen

Thank you all again! I'm so glad that I found this forum! This is so helpful.

Laura

Lis B. Jensen

Hi Laura

I Have send You a Private mail abt. Ane Marie Jensen in Vordingborg
Lis B. Jensen
Ses i Legacy Forum: http://legacydansk.com og
https://vordingborglokalarkiv.dk/

Lis B. Jensen

Lis B. Jensen

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hi Laura and all.

Try and look at Helmut Martensen, Flensburg - websides also:

www.Adelby.com ... weiter zu den Daten .... go to the alfabet.-ABC..... and much more infos, Cards - where did whom live in (the small) area Flensburg etc.

Matzen is a closed family to the BAHR family (Die Familiegeschichte der Bahr´en in Schleswig-Holstein) printet in Bremen in about 1925, from H. W. or M. W. Hauschild (haven´t got the dok. right here)

Some 15 families and their 45 children went to Millwakee, Wisconsin about 100-110 years ago.

The Østerberg and Bahr family and more names, were spred around the whole Denmark, some came from Sweden.

The Bahr family were Millers  in Husby, Dänischenhagen, Dänischen Wold etc.

Look also the big company Bauhaus bilder, Max Bahr, (Godenleistenfabrik Bahr and Gerkens (now a Museum) i Altona, Hamburg - and other things about this mater.

Maby you know somthing (a story)  about this too ?

GRÆNSEFORENINGEN has a webside and library and more infos.
or just google -also nice to know about.

The Carstens/ Carstensens is also one close to our Bahr family also fam. in Flensburg. Through the millers - Carsten Christoph Wilhelm Bahr -and Detlef Bahr,  and more., from www.Adelby.com and his whole family.

Hope you find something usefull.

the middlename = Korner/ name / Corner -
Korn - Bakeries - Restaurants - have somthing in comon - in Copenhagen there was a famus restaurant named Restaurant CORNER once. Maby the one that the famus caraktisdrawer ? (comics) Robert Storm Petersen once a week meet his friends ??

Do you know anything about this ?

I once tried through the GRAAE fam. (Fyn Middelfart) to find the links between our families, had some writings with a Swedish women then. Maby she succeeded finding some usefull informations.

Regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Bahr, Böhl, Zepelin, Walsleben, Fehring families,
Landt/LEMMEL (Pharmacycomp.) Kronenapotheke i Schleswig-Holstein) - Das Lemmel Archiv - where Georg Bahrs book is mentioned.
http://geneal.lemmel.at/WhK-40e.html

Lise Østerberg Bahr

God morning once more.

More about the fam.names :
Korner /Kørner) + Matzen (Kørner Matzen) look also now a days at

this link:
http://slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php?topic=20175.0

www.degulesider.dk = tlf. + adr. a.m. (yellow pages)

Many kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Lis B. Jensen

Hi Laura

I am very sure that Anders Carstensen is from Møn born 26/1-1845 in Haarbølle - an Married to Ane Marie Jensen.
I have sources from the local archive in Vordingborg that confirms this - among these records from the greenhouse Bathcelor You mention here:

CitatHer brother, Bendt, lived to be 84 or 85. His oldest son came to the United States but after a year in America went back to Denmark. Marenstina married an aristocrat and had only one son. He is a bachelor, born about 1890. He runs a greenhouse in Nyraad, Denmark.

The Archive also have som personal papers from him that confirms this.

You are welcome to write me in private and I will help you forward.

Ane Marie's sister Maren Kirstine was married to the father of this greenhouse Owner WHO is named Jørgen Ravn

And Here is a link to Anders Carstensen's ancestors: http://www.famrolf.dk/10091.htm
Lis B. Jensen

Lise Østerberg Bahr

HJi.

sorry, the Østerbergs also lived in

Præstø, Lolland - = is very near to VORDINGBORG and the butifull - Møn.

Nysted (here - once (I dont know if this is still "sailing") was a ferry line, between Germany and Denmark, = Nysted-Burg in Fehmarn, Germany (where the fam. of ours also lived as Millers - forinstens in Petersdorf),
Maribo
Sakskøbing

Just to add to my information about the Østerberg- and Bahr families (belong together in my line) and

Denmark is and has always been - a very smaal country, thourgh I know, that during the King Christian IV, Norway had a Danish King.

Theat Østerberg-line, has also the names
BISCHOFF, Krag - Erichsen, Bacher in their fam.tree.

one of the Matzen on the register, came from Vejle, wich is very close to the boarder between Denmark and Germany.

to see this, use KRAK.dk (cards)
at. degulesider, down under, or to the left of an adress, also a card - klik on that to see largen - one can and move the landcard - nice to see yourself !

Kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hi.

Here a webside tree with much from theese Carstensen and Matzen and a lot of other familienames/persons here:

http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/c/Mogens-Bech/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-Index.html

Nis Edwin List also has such webside, have not the webside here - but google it.

Kind regards
Lise Østerberg Bahr

Lis B. Jensen

Lis B. Jensen

Lise Østerberg Bahr

Hi.

Some times i can´t get links to work too- try then to google  some of the words - dif. ways, that often works.

Regards
Lise Øsbergerg Bahr

Lis B. Jensen

Hi Lise

I know that - but you have ti register to see informations there.
Lis B. Jensen