Trying to trace Smidts

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 23 Nov 2010 - 03:54

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I have found many living Løndahls but have not found any living Smidts.  I have the following information

Svend William Egeberg Smidt born Frederiksberg, Sokkelund, København on 21 Nov 1894.
Svend William Egeberg Smidt married Oda Sofie Amalie Sørensen on 24 Mar 1922 in Timothæus, Sokkelund, København.
Children
Edel Livia Xenia Smidt born 17 Dec 1922 in Timothæus, confirmed in Rødovre, Sokkelund, København on 3 Oct 1937.
Lizzie Smidt born 17 Nov 1929 in Rødovre, Sokkelund, København.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could find more modern records on this family?

Tusind tak.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Grethe Leerbech

Hi Paul

You might find Williams and Odas death register in Rødovre.

About the girls it's a little difficult because they probably married and then shift familyname. Also they could change the name and only behold the Egeberg. But it doesn't look like the girls where baptised Egeberg.

One might try KRAKs register for persons in Rødovre under the name Smith from 1937 and forward
It could also be a possible to find them in a tax register if Rødovre had made such registers. One often find them at the libraries. (In the 40-50'ties many communities did public such tax registers once a year, but somethimes they are not kept.

God hunt
Grethe

Thyholm,Vang, Gislum,Hornum,Hindsted, Slet, Års i Aalborg a. Ginding,Ringkøbing a.Rinds, Fjends,Hindborg,Viborg a. Nybøl, Sottrup,Sønderbog a.sogne i Tyskland, Sunds,Svendborg a.Tuse,Års,Løve i Holbæ

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Grethe,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will write Rødovre and see if they have any information.  The church books on AO don't go past 1937.

mvh
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

How do I access krak for the earlier years.  I have used it to locate people in Denmark at the present, but never for the past.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Paul,

By asking a friendly person to do look-ups for you!

Lissa

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Tusind tak Lissa.  Would you be that friendly person?

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Paul,

Normally I would, but I'm short of time right now .. sorry .. so I cannot make any promises.

I know that there are lots of friendly people here - you know that!! Could be, if you change your heading that this would "attract" someone?

Lissa

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Lissa,

I understand and will post a request.  Thanks for all the help you give us Danish-Americans.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Paul,

You are welcome. I have got a lot of good friends, have met some of them here and during visits to the US.

Lissa