Anna Marie & Carrie Christine Larsen

Startet af R N, 28 Mar 2012 - 06:19

Forrige emne - Næste emne

John Wrenholt

I spent time today looking for the death records of Ane Jensdatter and Jens Christensen/Christiansen.  I wasn't successful with either. I'm not sure which direction to go now.

Ralph Rasmussen

There are a few things that argue against Ane Jensdatter being from Jystrup.  Jystrup-Valsølille parish register 1748-1814 doesn't list an Ane Jensdatter in the confirmations leading up to 1814 (opslag 299), or the informal census of the parish in 1814 (opslag 228-230).

I referred to multiple Ane Hansdatters earlier, when I was thinking of the name Ane Jensdatter appearing too often in the relevant Gyrstinge 1812-1814 confirmations to yield a definite candidate.  But did one of those you have considered appear among the Jystrup births and the Gyrstinge 1814 confirmations?

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

R N

I haven't really spent any time looking at confirmations.  Kind of forgot about them.  I'll work on that now.  Thanks Ralph!

John - I tried to find a death record for Jens Christensen/Christiansen also, to see if maybe there was someone back then 83+ years old (that he could have been the witness), but I had no luck with that either.

Random question - why was there a 33 year period that there were no censuses?

R N

I thought I had found confirmations, but I don't know what I'm looking at.  AO:  1793-1814 Kirke Flinterup, Alsted, Sorø ops 140 #8 - I think it says something about Ane Jensdatter and Lars Pedersen something Flinterup.  What is this?  I think it's from 1803, so it must be other people with the same names?

On ops 141 left page bottom paragraph, there is a mention of a Jens Christensen, but I have no idea what it says.

Ops 142 #9 rt side, Ane Jensdatter, also mentions Jens Andersen.

Ops 143 #2 bottom right, Ane Marie Jensdatter, also lists Jens Christensen.

That's all I found.  Anybody else find anything?

Ralph Rasmussen

Traditionally, confirmation was at age 14, no less.  In the middle of the 1700's many were a bit older.  By 1800 it was almost always at age 14 or 15. 

Other than 1814 the one most likely not to be too old to be your Ane is Ane Marie Jensdatter in 1811, daughter of 'sognefoged' Jens Christensen of Kirke Flinterup.  In the parish records introduced in 1814 the confirmands age, even birth date, is supposed to be entered.

The names of children can be a help in finding the most likely father.  It was perhaps a bit later that the fathers of the bride and groom were the likely guarantors of a betrothal. 

The 1828 betrothal is not one of the miscellaneous items in the 1793-1814 book.  They often enough are in the unused pages of the books supplanted in 1814.

-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

R N

Hello!  Hope everyone had a great Easter! 

Are there any names that Ane could be short for?  Like Johane?  Or didn't they do that?  I just don't know where to go with Ane Jensdatter next...

R N

Anybody have any new suggestions for Ane Jensdatter?  Anybody?  Please!