Searching for Ellen Larsen (Albrecht)

Startet af Donald MacIntosh, 04 Feb 2012 - 11:07

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Donald MacIntosh

Hello,
        is there any way of finding out where Ellen lived between her marriage in Simeons sogn in 1932 and her death in  Nørre Alslev, Guldborgsund in 2002? In particular, a place of residence around 1945 would help.
Ellen Liz Albrecht was born 7 March 1910, Simeons sogn.
Thank you,
Donald MacIntosh
New Zealand

Jane C

Hmmm...you are holding out on us!

Please add the complete place names:

(village/town/city, whenever known), Sogn, Herred, Amount

If you don't know that, say so.

Also since you know her marriage - you must know her husband's name? Please add.

Anything else you know...?

Lis B. Jensen

The place is:
Maribo County, Falster Nørre District, Nørre Alslev Parish.

Today it is called Guldborgsund Community.
Lis B. Jensen
Ses i Legacy Forum: http://legacydansk.com og
https://vordingborglokalarkiv.dk/

Donald MacIntosh

Yes, she died in Maribo County, Falster Nørre District, Nørre Alslev Parish. She was born in Simeons Sogn, Copenhagen. Her husbands name was Kaj Eigil Larsen who was born in Hillerød, 20 Jun 1908.
I am searching for a child born c1942 and need to know where the family were living around this time. I have searched in many Copenhagen parishes and all parishes in Falster Nørre for this period.
Is it possible to know where a person was living at various periods during their life?
Thanks,
Donald

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Donald,

Do you know the name of the child or even its sex?

Sincerely,
Paul

Jane C

Citat fra: Donald MacIntosh Dato 04 Feb 2012 - 21:26
Her husbands name was Kaj Eigil Larsen who was born in Hillerød, 20 Jun 1908.

Okay, so her husbands name was Kaj Eigil Larsen, born in Hillerød sogn, Lynge-Frederiksborg herred, Frederiksborg amount (ops. 43)

The link John posted - of your previous discussion - has this comment from a responder:

"Oops .. I read it as if Donald had NO knowledge of the parents."

And you responded:

"Thank you all for your responses. The ancestor details I already have . How did you get this so quick? It took me months!"

Enough said.

Donald MacIntosh

Hi to you all,
                  my interest is in contacting living relatives. An Auntie is going to Denmark later in the year and would like to see if she can look them up. The only possible living relative that we know of is her cousin who was born c1942. The cousin is female, but I can't mention her name over the internet as she may still be living.
Having looked through so many parish records for this period (including the Nørre Alslev records released recently) without success, I need to know where the family may have lived during Ellen's lifetime. While this information is recorded in the CPR records, I believe it is not accessible.
I was just grasping at straws, hoping that someone knowledgable in Danish records may know how to access such information.
Thank you for your interest!
Donald

Jane C

To find a living Dane, try the Danish white pages online. If it's a common name you seek, you'll also need the place they live and perhaps additional identifiers.

Facebook is a great place to connect with Danes.

For-pay people-search services might help.

Skype is a very cool tool with names and a way to contact people (voice-over-internet computer phone service).

If you truly know nothing more than the persons's name and ca. 1942 birth year, then these tools probably won't work. You would then be back to the original effort - to trace a family forward and just a bit backward in time -  to grandparents and siblings of Ellen and Kaj.

Also, you can email a poster privately - maybe Paul would be willing. (Paul?) Thus you could share more freely what you know.

Mvh

P.S. The name Kaj Eigil Larsen is distinctive. Yet you did not use it in your first post - let alone the names and places for his parents and siblings. Why, Donald? You used his wife's name.
     A cousin out there could be doing a family history project and google that name. IF I were you, I would have sanpped as many names of non-living family on that post as possible! Write your sign BIG. Search engines make the world small indeed.

I keep making typos...

P.P.S. I did a descendant family history project and found more than 250 Danish cousins for whom I had very little more information than you have. I have a feeling this will ultimately work out for you.

Donald MacIntosh

Jane,
Simeons sogn is in Copenhagen. Sorry I forgot to mention this before. However, I have searched here extensively.
Thank you for your suggestions. I will email Paul as well.
Regards,
Donald

Jane C

Yeah, I did find it's in Copenhagen, from an initial quick search (usually easier than asking the poster to supply full details). But I only used www.ddd.dda.dk, and Simeon's doesn't show up as an option. I am guessing it's an historic term - but don't answer, I don't care.

In 1925 Kaj lived at Guldbergsgade, Guldbergsgade, København (Staden), København, I think - not sure - but again I didn't really get into this, since first it would make more sense for you to tell more., as I asked (apparently you didn't notice that). These would be the search terms within www.ddd.dda.dk

Anywho...

The only way I was able to identify living Danish cousins was by clusters of names. I had a name - but had found out so-and-so (Person X) had a grandmother with such and such name, and grandmother's name shows up in a grandchild on Facebook (as an example), with Person X as a Facebook Friend. Just one example - of why more information is better than less.

Lissa Pedersen

H Donald,

Write me privately with more name(s) etc. and I will try to help you through a friend in the Nørre Alslev area.

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Donald,

I have just talked to Ellen and Kaj's daughter. I will mail you privately.

Lissa

Jane C

Amazing the progress made so quickly - with the information in hand and and an understanding of Donald's true mission/need!  8)

I am happy for all of you.

Way to go Lissa!!!!

Lissa Pedersen

I have written Donald with details and hope to hear from him. The daughter was found without further info from Donald. Glad to be able to help.

Lissa

Jane C

! ! !

Well, I'll be... :o

Double applause.

Donald MacIntosh

Amazing!
As I have just told Lissa, I had all but given up hope.
Just shows what a good site this is with help from the contributors.
Thanks again to all involved.
Donald and Karen