Selsø, Horns, Frederiksborg 1815-1827 opslag 118

Startet af Peter Jones, 01 Feb 2012 - 07:59

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Peter Jones

Can someone please have a look at this entry.
1820 marriage Johannes Sørensen to Kirsten Olsen Under Kirsten Olsen's details, what does it say after her name and before Ostbye?
I am trying to find her birth.
I cannot find a confirmation for her in this parish, nor a birth.  It says she was married at 22 years, so her birth should be 1797/1798.
On the 1801 Census from DDD I cannot find her in this parish, although there is one at Skuldelev.

Thanks,
Peter Jones

Ralph Rasmussen

I have had no better luck.  Don't rule out those who were in their fourth year in 1801, as in principle ages were recorded in 1801 in terms of the year begun rather than years completed.  Other parishes may have a better record of leavings than Selsø has of arrivals.

mvh
-Ralph
Med venlig Hilsen
Ralph Rasmussen
<1850 Hammer herred, Præstø

Kirsten Tatt

Hi Peter,

One of the sponsors  is Fred. Josephsen from Jyllinge.

There seems to be a connection between the Josephsen- and the Olsen-names.

parents: Joseph Olesen

name: Frideric Josephsen
baptism/christening date: 17 Jul 1785
baptism/christening place: , JYLLINGE, KOBENHAVN, DENMARK
father's name: Joseph Olesen
indexing project (batch) number: C21981-1
system origin: Denmark-ODM

Venlig hilsen
Kirsten

Peter Jones

Hi Ralph = thanks for your help.  I've looked in Skuldelev and now Jyllinge, but the Tilgangsliste and Afgangangsliste are not helpful.

I didn't realise that Jÿllinge was so close to  Selsø.  The husband in the marriage (Johannes Sørensen) was born in Jÿllinge.  SO maybe they both knew each other from there.
See next post.

Peter Jones

Hi Kirsten.
I've been trying to get a connection between these Olsens and Josephsens but have been unsuccessful so far.

But now I'm thinking that maybe Kirsten Olsen did come from Jÿllinge.  Her husband, Johannes Sørensen was born there in 1790 - I knew that already.  And I thought that the Frederich Josephsen  was probably related to the husband's side.

But maybe they both came from Jÿllinge.  There is an Anne Kierstine Olesen born there on 15/9/1799 to parents Maren Larsdatter and Ole Jensen.  This might explain some names in the descendants in the next 2 generations, although there is no Ole among the boys anywhere.

I would like to think that I have the correct parents now for Kirsten Olsdatter, but just cannot be certain.

Regards and thanks,
Peter Jones

Kirsten Tatt

Hi again,

Samtlige personer i husstanden

Frederiksborg, Horns, Selsø, Østbÿe, , 124, FT-1840, A8725
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Johannes Sørensen 50  gift  Dagleier  
Ane Jørgensdatter 34  gift  hans Kone  
Agathe Johanne Johannesdatter 14  ugift   deres Barn  
Ane Cathrine Johannesdatter 10  ugift  deres Barn  
Jens Johannessen 6  ugift  deres Barn  
Jørgen Johannessen 1  ugift  deres Barn  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this census Johannes has a new wife.

Kirsten Olesdatter is the mother of Agathe Johanne - I haven't looked for Ane Cathrine
Do you know when Kirsten passed away? Maybe that could give some information.

venlig hilsen Kirsten

Peter Jones

Citat fra: Kirsten Tatt Dato 05 Feb 2012 - 17:08
Hi again,

Samtlige personer i husstanden

Frederiksborg, Horns, Selsø, Østbÿe, , 124, FT-1840, A8725
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Johannes Sørensen 50  gift  Dagleier  
Ane Jørgensdatter 34  gift  hans Kone  
Agathe Johanne Johannesdatter 14  ugift   deres Barn  
Ane Cathrine Johannesdatter 10  ugift  deres Barn  
Jens Johannessen 6  ugift  deres Barn  
Jørgen Johannessen 1  ugift  deres Barn  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this census Johannes has a new wife.

Kirsten Olesdatter is the mother of Agathe Johanne - I haven't looked for Ane Cathrine
Do you know when Kirsten passed away? Maybe that could give some information.

venlig hilsen Kirsten
Hi Kirsten,
Yes I have all the census stuff for the family from 1834 onwards.  The first wife, Kirsten, died somewhere in the 1834/1835 timeline.  Johannes Sørensen married Ane Jørgensdatter 3 October 1835, But Kirsten was present on the 1834 Census.  However, when I try to find her death, the churchbook pages for that time are illegible - the ink seems to have deteriorated before copies were made.  So that was no help either.
The Jens Johannesen - aged 6 in the 1840 Census is my GG grandfather ( born 24 November 1833)
I know that Kirsten was living in  Selsø, Horns, Frederiksborg at the time of marriage, but have nothing to tell me where she was born, so far.

Regards,
Peter Jones