Kirsten Hansdatter Dahle

Startet af Marlon Henvit, 01 Feb 2012 - 01:11

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Marlon Henvit

I am researching my ancestor Kirsten Hansdatter Dahle. I recently found her on this website:
http://www.mundia.com/us/Person/17073283/1839462352# I can corroborate all the information except the birth. When I attempted to find a parish Brandsgård, Aaker, Bornholm, Denmark on the on line records I could not. Help!

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Marlon,

She is here in Vejle:

vejle, Nørvang, Sønder Omme, Julingsholm, , , 3, FT-1801
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Kirsten Hansdatter 77  Enke Huusmoder Faar Aftægt af Gaarden  
Mette Mikkelsdatter 26  Ugift Hendes tjenestepige

Brandsgaard is a farm in Aaker parish, Bornholm - farm No. 7: http://www.bslf.dk/gaarde/aaker.asp

The churchbooks start 1813.

Lissa

Marlon Henvit

Thanks Lissa. I also found her on the 1787 census. So if those records do not start until 1813 I will not be able to find record of her birth or the name of her parents.

Thanks for pointing me in the correct direction.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Jane C

The mundia poster must have a source for the parents listed - perhaps a probate.

Marlon Henvit

Hi Jane. All the sources on Mundia refer back to genealogy.com. One branch of the family goes back to the 1500's. I am suspicious.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Jane C

Marlon Henvit

When I click on sources at Mundia I get this message:
Name:
Ancestry Family Trees
Author:

Publisher:
Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network. Original data: Family Tree files submitted by Ancestry members.
Call Number:

Notes:
This information comes from 1 or more individual Ancestry Family Tree files. This source citation points you to a current version of those files. Note: The owners of these tree files may have removed or changed information since this source citation was created.
REFN:

Repository:
Ancestry.co.uk
http://www.ancestry.co.uk

Does anyone know what this refers to? I have went to that ancestry.co.uk website but can not find much.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Jane C

I can't help - sorry. Maybe someone else can.

I checked Ancestry.com and did not find this family.

I did find on GENI a Hans F. Hansen, proprietær Julingsholm, Sdr. Omme. He was born after your ancestor, but the submitter might have additional findings. Her name is Ruth DAHL Larsen.

Have you seen Kirsten Hansdatter Dahl on this family tree:
http://ahrenkiels.dk/toldsted/per04362.htm
You probably have the following, but for the benefit of others - this poster has a note:
1743 d. Torsdagen af 18 April Joen Trøllunds (Christensen) bryllup af Nørtarp med Kiersten Hanss. Dahl udi Stenderup (married in Ansager sogn, Ribe amt) Kilde: KB Ansager (1)
Afskrift døde
1803 den 23 Octbr blev Joen Christensens Enke af Julingsholm bgr: gl. 80 Aar

Here's that 1787 census
Vejle, Nørvang, Sønder Omme, Sønder Omme Sogn, Julingsholm, 8, FT-1787, C2102
Christen Joensen 43  Gift Hosbonde Self Ejer og Gaard Beboere  
Ingeborg Madsdatter 32  Gift Madmoder
-------
Kirsten Hansdatter 62  Enke Hosbondens Moder

An alternate for Julingsholm might be Juelingsholm.

Marlon Henvit

Hi Jane. Thanks for your efforts. I think we have about as much out of this as we can expect. I went back to Mundia and found others with the family going all the was back to the 1400's. Source the same as I posted. I can't accept that so I guess I will have to stop this branch with Kirsten Hansdatter.

Thanks to all who participated.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Marlon Henvit

I have been studying the logistics of John Christensen and Kirsten Hansdatter getting together. What is the probability of Kirsten from Bornholm getting together with John for a marriage in Ansager, Øster Horne, Ribe? John's birth record is also in Ansager. This seems unusual to me.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA

Marlon Henvit

It occurs to me that maybe the wedding record would be helpful. It can be found at Ansager, Øster, Horne, Ribe 1709 - 1744, Opslag 83. The date is 18 April 1743.

Marlon Henvit
Reno, Nevada USA