Needing help in finding additional information on Ann Dorthea Hansen

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 26 Jan 2012 - 18:22

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

This is my Great Grandmother --- Anna Dorthea Hansen

I have the following:
Birth: 11 Sep 1861 record located in 1858-1864 Aarhus Vor Frue Hasle Aarhus img 156 pg 154-#64
Christening: 2 May 1863 record 1858-1864 Aarhus Vor Frue Hasle Aarhus img 156 pg 154-#64
Confirmation: 3 Oct 1875 record 1872-1877 Aarhus Hasle Aarhus img 330 pg 361-#93
Census: 1880 Census for Thisted: Aarhus, Hasle, Aarhus Købstad, Århus Købstad 13, , 849/skolegade. Havnegade 4, 9, FT 1880, one of many individuals list for this residence.

My Grandmother, Marie Jensine Hansen, was born to her on 25 Jan 1883 and her birth record is found in both Aarhus Domsogn Hasle Aarhus 1882-1885 img 226 pg 220-#21 AND 1879-1883 Aarhus Vor Frue Hasle Aarhus img 291 pg 278-#0.

The "alleged" father is Jens Peder Larsen.

I have not been able to find any other definitive information on Anna Dorthea Hansen or ANY information to identify Jens Peder Larsen specifically.

I have searched the Census Records, the Parish Registers, etc. for marriage information, additional children, death information, etc. but unless I missed something I can not find any follow-up data.

Can someone help me or guide me in some other direction to search?

Thank you for your support....
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Marie Jensine Hansen is in the 1901 census, Frederiksborggade 30, opslag 91.

Sincerely,
Paul

John Wrenholt

I believe that the parents of Anna Dorthea Hansen are Waldborg Weiss and Henrik Hansen. They were married Dec 7, 1860 in Vor Frue kirke: AO: 1858-1864 Århus Vor Frue, Hasle, Århus ops 282, no 29.

Waldborg Weiss was born Dec 20, 1821. You can find her birth record in 1825-1834 Århus Vor Frue ops 117, no. 33.

In the 1834 census, she is living here with her father:

Aarhus, Hasle, Aarhus Købstad, Klostergade, Nr 840, , Fattigstiftelsen, 1198, FT-1834
Erich Lindhardt Weiss 35  Gift  Slagter, Fattiglem
Anne Dorthea Weiss 8  Ugift  fattiglem 
Woldborg Weiss 8  Ugift  fattiglem

Lissa Pedersen

If they are the right persons, their marriage is also here - from www.folketimidten.dk:

Parish: Århus Vor Frue Sogn     District: Hasle    County: Århus
Groom: Henrik  Hansen    Opholdssted: Århus
BRide: Valdborg  Weiss    Opholdssted: Århus
Date of marriage: 7 December 1860

The church book marriage data:
Groom: Bachelor and tailor Henrik Hansen, at Vestergade, (31 years)
Bride: The young girl Valdborg Weiss, ibd. (= same place), (29 years)
Bestmen: Shoemaker Kruse, Shoemaker Borup
Betrothal date:
Marriage date: 7 December 1860
Archive: C 360 B-3    Folie: 286
Notes: 

Lissa

Jane C

An earlier discussion of this family:

http://www.dis-danmark.dk/forum/read.php?11,256508,256686

Sometimes it can save time in the current forum to link to an old forum. : D

Lynn Christiansen

I am REALLY sorry...I do have information going BACK in time on Anna Dorthea Hansen. Those are the correct parents for Anne Dorthea.

What I need help on is what happened to her AFTER the birth of my Grandmother in 1882.

Did she move?
Was she ever married?
Did she have more children?
When and where did she die?

Sorry for the miscommunication........

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Lynn,

Marie Jensine Hansen was confirmed in 1897 in Vor frue, Hasle, Aarhus, opslag 67 nr 23.  Her address at that time was Møllesti 35 but I didn't find either she or her mother at that address in 1901.  Her father, according to her birth record was Jens Peter Laursen of Østergaard.  Perhaps this information will help to locate Jens.

Sincerely,
Paul

Lynn Christiansen

Paul--

Thank you....

BTW I went to Google maps and tried to locate Møllesti 35. Google maps directed me to Møllestien street in Aarhus. Would that be the same? I am assuming so.

I also assume that Møllestien 35 no longer exists as there appears to be new facilities where 35 should be. Møllestein 41 is the last house on the corner. Street level view.

My Grandmother immigrated to the USA in 1903. In all of the visits to her home over the years I don't remember her ever commenting about her mother or any siblings. That is why I am trying to find out about Anna Dorthea Hansen and Jens Peder Larsen

Again---Thank you.