Anton Jensen Roots

Startet af Jane C, 27 Dec 2011 - 00:06

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jane C

Hej Niels,

I will be able to check those mails later today. you are so good to send them. Many many thanks!

Lissa,

You are a dear for translating. Bless you!

: D

Niels Anker Nielsen

He Jane
Thank you for your email with pictures of Anton family, I try to find Anton in FT1901, it has not succeeded yet, I need some information which might bring me on track.
Is his wife Mary born in Denmark?
Appropriate where in Denmark?
Which year Mary emigrated to America?
what you know about Jensine Andersen after 1899 (her confirmation)??
With compliments
Niels Anker

Jane C

Hi Niels, I'll use gramtrans.com

English: Yes and again thanks for all you sent! I have nothing new to report. Maybe the forum can help. I could not find Anton in Denmark in 1901 either.  :(  

Dansk: Ja og igen tak for alt sendte du! Jeg har intet nyt for at rapportere. Måske kan forummet hjælpe. Jeg kunne ikke finde Anton i Danmark i 1901 heller.  :(
--------------------------------

I did not find Jensine.
Jeg fandt ikke Jensine.
-----------------------------

English: Anton met his wife in the USA. (She went to USA 1880.) I have sent you all the census records for them in the USA.
Dansk: Anton mødte sin kone i USA. (Hun gik til USA 1880. Jeg har sendt jer hele folketællingen registrerer for dem i USA.
------------------------------------
I also looked for Johanne Olivia's brothers in USA. I did not find them.  :(
Jeg søgte også Johanne Olivias brødre i USA. Jeg fandt dem ikke.    :(

What you found:
Børge Andersson f. 28-11-1858
Børge emigrerer to Amerika
ship: Thingvalla den 03-JANUARY-1884 to New York
kontrakt no.28000
ID kode : D 8385 A 0701

Johan August Andersson f. 09-11-1861
Johan August emigrerer to Amerika
ship: indirekte 03-MARCH-1890
kontrakt no. 83800
ID kode I 8990 A 2814
destination: Avoco, Iowa

I called Anton's great-grandson and let him know about all this, and sent him what we've found and what the forum has found. He sends greetings and many thanks. I hope we'll hear more from him, too.

Jeg kaldte Antons sønnesønssøn og lod ham have kendskab til alt dette, og sendte ham hvad vi har fundet og hvad forummet har fundet. Han sender hilsner og mange tak. Jeg håber vi vil høre mere fra ham, også.

;)

Jane C

Ship's manifest:

Sidste bolig af Anton Jensen i Danmark 1904

Last residence of Anton Jensen in Denmark 1904

xxxxxx, Aalborg

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Niels Anker Nielsen

Hello again, Jane
You can via DIS forum writing in English/American, there is transator.
Anton's last address in Denmark is:
Fjerritslev, Aalborg County.
I also finds a Jens Nielsen.
Picture of Johanne Olivia-is it a picture Anton got from his father???.
Had Anton contact his father?
I will continue my quest.
With compliments
Niels Anker

Jane C

Okay, Fjerritselv, Aalborg. That is the birth place on his Dansh emigration record:

Name:  Jensen, Anton....
Registration date:  5/28/1904
Birth place: Fjerritslev Birth place:  Kollerup
Last res. parish:  Sr. Kongerslev Last res. county:  Aalborg

I am sorry about the photo of Johanne Olivia, because I cannot find my note about where I got it! I will look further in my file. Same for Jens. I will take those out of my record for Anton for now.

As far as I know Anton had no contact with his father or siblings. He said he was told his mother had died not long after his sister Marin was born.

The ship's manifest says "Soren Nielsen" in Omaha paid Anton's fare to go to USA.  I have wondered who he is.

I know the software translations are not so good, so maybe Lissa can again translate? Thank you in advance!

Jane C

I looked for Soren Nielsen and still not sure who he is.

Niels Anker Nielsen

Hello Jane
I have not forgotten you, but hurry on jobet past, I'm looking to continue after Anton and Niels.

With compliments
Niels Anker

Jane C

Hi Niels, I have a mail I have been meaning to send you and I will do that tomorrow.  :)
Mvh