1930 FT

Startet af Arlene Mabis, 14 Dec 2011 - 01:21

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Arlene Mabis

Hi,

Could someone tell me where to find an address in the 1930 FT?  I have been trying to find the Parkovsvej 20, 2820 Gentofte, Denmark residents.  I believe that address was for Berna Alice Christensen and her husband.  I have never been able to find Parkovsvej.  I have found a picture of the home by Google map but cannot find it on the FT records.  I would appreciate it if someone could help me find it!!!

Arlene Mabis

Oops, her name was Berna Alice Hansen. 

Eva Morfiadakis

Parkovsvej is in Gentofte. Me neither seem to able to find Gentofte in FT1930. Gentofte may be included in another parish or it is missing?

Eva M
Eva M

Arlene Mabis

Eva, thanks for looking. 

Leif Sommerdal

You'll find Gentofte as a borough (da: Købstad) in FT1930

But you won't find Parkovsvej as:

Street name origins and history:  Parkovsvej instituted in 1934/36.

The road is named after Gentofte Municipality's first mayor Colonel Hans Peter Parkov 1857 - 1934

The above information found on http://www.gkommtest.dk/vejnavne_historie/vejhistorie_interface/vejtabel/vis.asp
Med venlig hilsen
Leif Sommerdal(2650)

Anne Mortensen

Parkovsvej in 1930 may be Tagesmindevej.

Look:
http://www.lokalhistorier.dk/Gentofte/Parkovsvej/

I det tidligere gartneri "Tagesminde" Parkovsvej 39 havde jordemoder frk. Fanny Fiehn i 1922 indrettet sin nye fødeklinik. Før Parkovsvej havde hun praktiseret i Trunnevangen og på Søgårdsvej

Google translate:

In the former gartneri "Tagesminde" Parkovsvej 39 had midwife Miss. Fanny Fiehn in 1922 designed its new maternity clinic. Before Parkovsvej she had practiced in Trunnevangen and Søgårdsvej.

gartneri = market garden
Venlig hilsen
Anne Mortensen - 2770

Leif Sommerdal

There is only 2 pages on Tagesmindevej.

One is the mentioned clinic - the other is a private villa - both without Berna Alice Hansen
Med venlig hilsen
Leif Sommerdal(2650)

Arlene Mabis

Thanks to everyone for helping me.  I hope that eventually the next census will be put online which probably will show this street.  I understand that this is a somewhat exclusive area where the more wealthy people lived.