Translation please

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 08 Nov 2010 - 14:15

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Please excuse my previous post.  I must have hit a wrong key and destroyed my message.  I have found the birth of Hjalmar Rikard Løndahl on 30 Mar 1903 in den kgl Fødelsstiftelse (1903-0), opslag 21 nr 282.  Would someone be kind enough to translate it.  Tusind tak.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Poul-Erik Langvad

The text says:

1903 30 April Marts
Den kgl. Fødselsstiftelse
FN 374 Hjalmar Rikard Jensen Løndahl

Ugift Fødende N 382, 24 Aar (his mother was 24 years old and unmarried and her name was "No. 382"
For. (i Henh. til Lov 27/5-08 §11) (according to law dated 27/5-08 § 11)
Konditor Valdemar Falck
Løndahl og Hus. Maren
f. Nielsen Aarestrup ogp. i Odense

7 April
Vor Frue K 3/5 07 (I think you can find a record in that book)

Den kgl. Fødselsstiftelse
Past. Gredsted

Now I have translated the entry. Now you start finding more telling headlines.

M.v.h. Poul-Erik

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thanks so much for the translation Poul-Erik.  Now to find out what happened to Hjalmar after 1911. 

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Inger Toudal

Just a minor correction. I read the last line:

f. Nielsen Aarestrup, cop. i Odense [married in Odense].

Best regards
Inger

PS: You have another thread about the same subject http://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,2430.0.html  ???
Please write e.g. name, parish and year in the subject line.

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Inger,

Thanks for your reply.  Are Valdemar Falck Løndahl and Maren Nielsen Aarestrup the parents of Hjalmar or did they just adopt him?  The age of the mother is correct for Maren.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Inger Toudal

Hi Paul,

The law referred to seems to be Law Nr 130 of 27 May 1908. According to § 11 in that law, the child of an unwed mother could be given the surname of the stepfather upon providing the marriage certificate and other relevant documents (please see http://www.angelfire.com/music/langgaard/lov130.htm - in Danish). Maren Nielsen Aarestrup would then be the mother, but Valdemar Falck Løndahl doesn't seem to be the father - at the baptism 7 April 1903 the child's surname is Jensen.

One more change to the reading:

f. Nielsen Aarestrup, cop. i Odense Vor Frue K. 3/5 07

The marriage 3 May 1907 in Odense is here:

Odense Vor Frue 1892-1918, opslag 173, Nr. 20

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Inger,

Thanks for the information on the adoption by the stepfather.  I had another relative who this happened to, but in 1948 rather than 1903.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Inger Toudal

Hi Paul,

Actually, it's not an adoption, but a question of the child being given the surname of the stepfather. If the biological father had acknowledged the child, he would have to give his consent to the stepfather's surname being given to the child. Likewise, the biological father would have to give his consent to the child being adopted.

Best regards,
Inger
Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thanks for clearing up the mystery.  I think that my relative Valdemar Falck Løndahl divorced Maria Nielsen Aagestrup sometime about 1911 and between the 1916 and 1921 census married Margrethe Christensen.  I will continue to look for the story of this family.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul