sørine sofie Pedersen

Startet af Lis Nielsen, 22 Okt 2011 - 16:14

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lis Nielsen

she ( sorine) seems to be older, but photos can of course cheat.

lis

Jane C

Thomas Christian Mekkelsen
f. 15 Apr 1926 - i Barre, Washington, Vermont, USA
Far Fred Michael Mekkelsen
Mor Doris I. James

5 Dec 1945 enlisted in the U.S. Army (soldat), Mccook Army Air Field, Nebraska, USA, Private First Class
Ugift. Stilling: Skilled sawmill occupations (trænet savværkoperatør)

Gift med Rita Rousseau 13 May 1950 i Barre

d. 27 December 1987, 63 aars gammel, i Barre.

Mekkelsens begravet i Maplewood Cemetery, Barre Town (by):

Thomas K 1871-1920
Anna M. 1873 - 1943

--------------
Christian 1883-1936
Regina M 1905-1993
"Father/Mother"
Mary K. 1919 -
---------------

John Edward "father" 1901 - 1970
a marker reading "mother"
Kathleen Teresa "daughter" 1931-1933

-----------------
Rita (Rousseau) 1926 -
Thomas C 1924-1987
"1941 World War 1945"
---------------------

Homer Ficken

Citat fra: Lis Nielsen Dato 24 Okt 2011 - 18:30
she ( sorine) seems to be older, but photos can of course cheat.

lis

I agree, and if that's Juliane standing she also looks older.  And the one at left looks more like a teenager, so photo probably dates after 1910 and the young one Juliane's daughter Mary, who was still at home 1920.
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Lis Nielsen

HI JANE.
fred mikel mekkelsen is he the son of Juliana, I have completely lost the thread as we say in Danish, him you have the war papers on.
lis ???

Jane C

Wow - that helps to narrow it down.

About Mary Mikkelsen - does a Mary die, and then another daughter is called Mary?

See Family Search.

August 1898 a Mary Micholson born to Thomas and Anna Micholson in Barre town, VT

01 Jan 1901 a Mary Michelson born to Thomas C. Michelson and Anna Martia Larsen Michelson
1900 census includes a Mary; 1910 and 1920 , Mary b abt 1899

Marie Evelyn Mekkelsen in Barre, Vermont, marries John Joseph Burke 13 July 1946; his parents John J. Burke and Hazel May Seward.

Jane C

Yes - I had to look!

::)

Fred Mikel Mikkelsen født 30 Dec 1896 i Vermont. Served in World War I. Moder Anna Larson (= Julianna). Far Thomas Christian Mekkelsen. He also registered for the draft in World War II.

The "old" American men registered for war draft in World War II. Many had already served in World War I. Most of the "old" ones did not have to go to war.

Thomas Christian Mekkelsen b 15 APR 1926 (parents Fred and Doris) - in 5 Dec 1945 he enlisted in the U.S. Army (soldat), Mccook Army Air Field, Nebraska, USA, Private First Class. Ugift. Stilling: Skilled sawmill occupations (trænet savværkoperatør.)

I posted Fred's papers for World War II. I don't have the papers to post for the others, Lis - Found on Ancestry.com, just the information in the record, NOT a picture of the record.

Lis Nielsen

it is very common in Denmark that if a child dies, the parents gives the next child the dead childs name.
lis

Jane C

John Joseph Burke marriage record says he was born in Rutland, Vermont, age 22 in July 1946. (married Marie Evelyn Mekkelsen).

Lis Nielsen

aaaaaahhhh jane who is the mann you're talking about (John Joseph Burke) you lose me again
lis :o

Jane C

Hi Lis -

Could be this Mary (1901) married John Joseph Burke; need to be check (I will look a little later):

b. 01 Jan 1901 Mary Michelson. Parents Thomas C. Michelson and Anna Martia Larsen Michelson
(= Thomas Christian Mikkelsen and Juliane/Anna Larsen)

13 July 1946 Marie Evelyn Mekkelsen in Barre, Vermont, marries John Joseph Burke.

Lis - did you know the Control key + F on your keyboard (CTRL in America - bottom left) can be used to search a page online?

Okay = I looked - I was thinking of Christian Mekkelsen in Barre, who may be a brother to Thomas. Did he have a daughter Mary? I was wondering. Christian's family:
Christian Mekkelsen
Regina
Althea
Myrtle
Chris
Agnes
Mary Louise
Mildred
Frances

So...I don't see another Mary/Marie who can be Marie Evelyn Mekkelsen, except for the daughter of Thomas C. Mekkelsen and Julianne/Anna Larsen.

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I telephone a Mikkelsen (now spelled Mekkelsen) tonight and he is related to Lis.  He is a great, great grandson of Sørine Sofie Pedersen.  I gave him Lis's e-mail address and e-mailed his  address to Lis.  Keep us informed Lis.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lis Nielsen

hi sweet wonderful people in the United States ...
to Paul, I have received your 3 emails and I am very happy for the help you've given ...
To all, I can never pay back. but if you need help, and that goes for everyone who helps me, you must say it to me  and I will do everything I can, to help you ...
I have not heard from my relatives yet, but they have also to digest (as we say in Denmark) the big  news ... I return when I have heard from them ... many thanks and big Hugs from here.

sincerely LIS  ;D

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Lis,

I can't speak for the others, but this was just a part payment for all the help kind Danes gave me in tracing my family.  I really enjoyed finding a living relative of yours in the USA.  Hopefully they will contact you soon.  He took two days before he telephoned me back, so be patient.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Jane C

I'm happy for you Lis! And glad that the forum found out such a lot, with your help, and that Paul narrowed in on a living cousin.

Keep us posted - Mvh

Lis Nielsen

I've been waiting for almost a month now and I have written to the email address paul gave me but it looks like they're not interested in contact with DK ... but anyway many thanks for all your help ... hugs from lis

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Lis,

Don't feel bad.  My close Danish relatives don't seem interested in their American relative but I have met so many wonderful Danes in my genealogy research that I feel they are all my relatives (you included).

Med venlig hilsen
Deres vedtaget amerikanske fætter Paul

Lis Nielsen

I will be proud to have you as a cousin paul, so it is officially we are now family :)))))))

Knus fra Kusine Lis ;)

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Lis,

In the USA we are celebrating Thankgiving Day today.  I am so thankful for all the Danes I have met online doing my genealogy research.  Thanks for the hug kusine and a big hug to you.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lis Nielsen

I just received a Christmas greeting from stephen mikkelsen in America, Fred Mikkelsen died in the meantime and it may be the reason he writes now ......
so the mission is successful, (to find and make contact with family). I received his address and he promised that we should talk more about our family.

En rigtig gædelig Jul til jer alle sammen.....

Knus Lis

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Lis,

What a wonderful Christmas gift to finally make contact with your American relatives.  Glædlig jul og godt nytår til dig.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul