Looking for information on Martin & Robert Peterson family

Startet af R N, 19 Okt 2011 - 03:18

Forrige emne - Næste emne

R N

Ralph - did you get a chance to look at my links?  I'm trying to look up Kirsten's second marriage (Lars Andersen), and I think I found where it should be, but I can't really make out the names. 

Idestrup, Falster Sønder, Maribo 1852-1878 opslag 286 first one (the date is 29 December 1854, and that's the only one with that date).  The first column looks like it says something Niels and I have no idea what the rest says.  First, am I even in the right section (marriages)?  Second, there has to be an easier way than going through page by page looking for names - please say there is!?!

R N

Found her birth - Idestrup, Falster Sønder, Maribo 1813-1828 opslag 107, first one, not that this one really proves anything, but I'm just happy I found it all by myself.  :)

What is Anker's bog?  Anchor's book?  What might that be in reference to?

Jane C

Maribo, Falsters Nørre, Torkilstrup, Sullerup Bye, en Gaard, 115, FT-1834, B8899
Hans Hansen Palle 44 Gift Gaardmand
Ellen Marie Rasmusdatter 43 Gift hans kone
Karen Hansdatter 16 ugift deres Børn
Rasmus Hansen 15
Kjersten Hansdatter 10
Hans Hansen 6
Peder Hansen 2

Ralph found Kirsten Hansen ('Hansdatter') baptized in Torkildstrup and born February 6, 1824 (KB 1813-1829, opslag 56 #5) to Hans .... of Sillerup and Ellen Marie Rasmusdatter.

So this is Kirsten Hansdatter #2. Family is of Falsters Nørre (island of Falster, north) herred rather than Falsters Sønder (south Falster)....

Hmmmm

Jane C

Robin - The marriage to Lars Andersen would be impossible for "our" Kirsten Hansdatter. I think our best bet is to let Ralph and the rest build the records for your family and ignore the snarled online tree - which kind of matches "us" and kind of doesn't.

The website you found has "our" Kirsten Hansdatter, I think, but shouldn't be married to Lars Andersen, I think. Website says:
Kirsten Hansdatter
b. 21 SEP 1825 in Idestrup and christened 23 OCT 1825.
d. 17 FEB 1909

MARRIAGE 1 to Hans Poulsen 29 DEC 1854 Idestrup Kirke
CHILDREN = Karen Hansen b. 07 DEC 1851 in Idestrup

MARRIAGE 2 - I will add to the online tree from what Forum found:
Hans Jorgen Petersen, 23(?) OCT 1856 Idestrup opslag 289, #13
CHILDREN  ["our" couple had 2 sons, not in online tree:
  Child 1 Morten 26 January 1857 in Idestrup opslag (fiche) 18, #2
  CHild 2 Rasmus 25 June 1860 opslag 33, #16, more identifiable than legible]

MARRIAGE 3 - impossible, to Lars Andersen
Lars b. 20 NOV 1823 Sdr.Vedby
CHILDREN Bolette Andersen b. 07 FEB 1856 in Meelse [Google translate place name]
Hans Jorgen Andersen b. 22 JUL 1859 in Meelse - twins
Henrik Andersen b. 22 JUL 1859 in Meelse

Kirsten can't be married to two men, bearing them children, at the same time. We know Hans Jorgen Pedersen is alive in 1880 census - so "our" couple is together at least from marriage 1856 - census 1880.

P.S. There is a place in Idstrup sogn called Sillestrup: Maribo, Falsters Sønder, Idestrup, Sillestrup. I wonder if the online tree has become snarled because the place names and people names really are confusing especially when not used to navigating them.

Jane C

Can this be the widow to Lars Andersen in 1880? Lars Andersen children were said to be born in Meelse (by that online tree)

Maribo, Falsters Sønder, Horbelev, Meelse, Et Hus, 114, FT-1880, D5007
Kirsten Hansen 54 Enke Husmoder, Arbeiderske born in Idestrup, Maribo A
Maren Kristine Johansen 2 Ugift Hendes Pleiedatter born Her i Sognet [= Horbelev]

As you recall, the 1880 census for the other Kirsten Hansen (in Idestrup) has her birth place as Torkilstrup...and now the Kirsten Hansen in Meelse, Horbelev, is born in Idestrup! Both are age 54 in the 1880 census.

R N

Jane - they really should have broadened their name selection back then to make it easier for their descendants to find them.  Ha ha!  Too many people with the same name!

I'm waiting to get something in the mail from my aunt (what she found last week at the State Historical Society) - hopefully that will give me a little info about Anna Marie and Carrie Christine.  But I think once I get that data, I'm going to start a new thread.  :)  I've also ordered the microfilm for the Door County newspaper, and I'm hoping to find Martin's obituary - maybe that will have info about his mother.

Jane C