Which priest?

Startet af David Møller, 03 Nov 2010 - 21:13

Forrige emne - Næste emne

David Møller

When I visited delightful Trinitatis church in Copenhagen last year I saw a board on the wall listing former priests in the church and took a proud photo of it.

Looking at it just now I'm mystified!

Reason is because my great-grandfather's brother Axel Høther Møller, according to AO, København, Sokkelund, births, 1854-1857 opslag 188 was born on 26th April 1857. According to the list I saw then, they had a priest called Valdemar Henrik Rothe 1830-1857. I have researched him and it seems he died on the 20th February 1857 = 2 months before AHM was born. Then the list says the next priest was Christian Vilhelm Nielsen 1858-1878.

So the question is: which priest did the actual christening of baby AHM?

Anybody else here have access to other records at Triniatis church to check this?

Thanks

mvh

David

Ole Westermann

David,

Wiberg tells us, that Trinitatis in 1858 was divided into a northern and southern parish.
Rothe died (as you write) Feb.20,1857, so I think it must have been Christian Vilhelm Nielsen, who at that time was 'kapellan' (perpetual curate) (see http://tom-stryhn.com/viberg/k1/Untitled-7.htm no.7) , but from 1858 became 'sognepræst' (vicar) in the southern parish.

Ole

David Møller

Hej Ole

Many thanks for that interesting insight!

mvh

David