1901 census Jorgen Peter Boesen Hansen

Startet af Erik Schaefer, 09 Sep 2011 - 00:46

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Erik Schaefer

I have found Jorgen (many times went by Peter) Peter Boesen Hansen on many church records and census.  But I cannot find him in the 1901 census.   Here is what I have so far:

He was born and lived his entire life in Vamdrup (sometimes Oster Vamdrup but I don't know if they were different houses).  He was married in 1893 to Anne Marie Jensen.  I have that church record from Vamdrup.

They had the following children by 1901:

Else Kirstine Hansen born 25 June 1894
Kirstine Margrete Hansen born 1 June 1895
Anders Jensen Hansen born 8 Aug 1896 (but died 19 oct 1897)
Anders Hansen born 7 Dec 1897 (but died 7 May 1898)
Han Jorgensen Hansen born 3 Apr 1899
Sofie Hansen born 21 Nov 1900

so I am looking for the 1901 census that has Jorgen Peter Boesen Hansen, his wife Anne Marie, and four children.  I have gone through this large census four times and cannot find them! 

Is there any explanation for why a family may not show on the census, or am I possibly just overlooking them?
Research areas of interest:
Hjarup / Vamdrup / Sonder Broby / Taps/ Vantinge

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Lillian Møller Pavlovic

Hi Erik,
You did overlook him - you will find the family at "opslag" 868.

Best regards
Lillian

Erik Schaefer

ah...I'm so sorry.  I tried to be careful...I cannot believe I overlooked it 4 times!

Thank you SO much.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Erik Schaefer

I think the reason I missed it is because I was looking at the title page under "Ejerens Navn" and expected to see Jorgen's name there.  But on his document it has someone elses name.  Does that mean he was not the land owner?

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads

Lillian Møller Pavlovic

Hi Erik,
Do not be sorry, we have all been there :) If you look at "opslag" 36 at the census you will see that "Drejer J. Hansen" (Lathe operator J. Hansen) is stated as the owner. I think that the owner at "opslag 868" also is J. Hansen but the handwriting is bad there. At first I also thought that it said Klausen or something like that, but at opslag 36 the handwriting is fine.
Regards,
Lillian

Helmer Christiansen

Name in the census: Jørgen Peter Boesen Hansen, his trade: Drejer (turner) and Klokker (bell ringer)
Owner of the property, cadastral number 9f in Vamdrup: Drejer J(ørgen Peter Boesen) Hansen (Opslag 867)

If you have the cadastral number you can look up information about the property at https://www.ois.dk/

Choose "Avanceret søgning" (Advanced search)

Vamdrup is today part of Kolding Municipality, so choose "Ejendomssøgning via matrikelnummer" (Property search via cadastral number). Choose KOLDING KOMMUNE in the drop-down menu, write "V. Vamdrup By, Vamdrup" in the "Ejerlav"-field and 9f in the field marked Matrikelnr. (cadastral number). Click Søg (Search).

Present day address: Kirkevej 7, 6580 Vamdrup, Denmark

According to ois.dk the main building was built in 1877.

On Google Maps you can see that it's next to the church where JPB Hansen was a bell ringer.
Helmer Christiansen
2000 F

Erik Schaefer

Amazing Helmer. Thank you for that website.  I will bookmark that for sure.

I knew he was a bellringer and I have seen his house in 2001.  But I did not know you could cross reference and look those up online.

Gammel Rye / Them/ Vrads