Death records for Peter Nielsen Seest

Startet af Art Berggreen, 21 Feb 2024 - 18:50

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Art Berggreen

I have been trying to find death records for Peter Nielsen Seest, born 01 Dec 1844 in Skodborg parish, Haderslev Amt.  He spent much of his later life in Egvad parish, Aabenraa Amt.  The only reference I have found is:
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?epid=16520233#36575,5092549

I'd really appreciate if someone could transcribe and translate this record.  It appears that he died in Øster Terp, Aabenraa Amt, but I have been unable to find a church funeral record in the nearby parishes.

Any help really appreciated,
Art

Inger Toudal

The death was reported by der Herrn Amtsvorsteher  in Østerterp. (in Bedsted parish). 

Peter Nielsen Seest, 71 years old, living in Horsbük (Horsbyg in Egvad parish), born in Schottburg (Skodborg),
married to surviving Juliane, née Winther, living in Horsbük.

He died in Horsbük 3 Apr. 1916 at 4 p.m. in an accident (durch Unglücksfall).

https://wiki.slaegt.dk/index.php/Egvad_Sogn

- the civil registers for Egvad parish before 1921 belonged under Hellevad Personregisterfører.

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Art Berggreen

Inger, thank you for the translation!

Could it be that he never had a church funeral service?  I haven't found any death record in the local churches parish records.

Art

Inger Toudal

The only reason I can think of is that maybe he drowned and his body was never found.

Venlig hilsen
Inger Toudal

Art Berggreen

Thank you Inger.

I'll have to go with just that one administrative record of his death.

Art

Art Berggreen

Hans, do you have any idea of which church was referenced or the location that newspaper was published?
If there was a funeral, I'd expect it was recorded for the church/parish where it happened.

Art

Hans Chr. Baagøe

I guess, that it was from the local church in Egvad. His wife was burried there May 10th 1918.

I don't know, why the record is missing in Egvad, but i can be in the main record, wich is not available before the last entry in it is 110 years old.

I have not found anything in the old newspapers about the fatal accident in the afternoon April 3rd. 1916.

Hans Chr. Baagøe