Translation of 2nd Marriage for Karen Bentsdatter

Startet af Max Rasmussen, 17 Feb 2024 - 16:32

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Max Rasmussen

I have been tracing the female line of my Danish great-grandmother, which has lead me to Karen Sørensdatter (1790 - 1818) of Gerlev, Sorø, in an earlier post. This then lead to her mother Sidse Madsdatter (1760 - 1827) and grandmother Sidse Andersdatter (1726 - 1777) both from the near by parish of Sørbymagle, Vester Flakkebjerg, Sorø. Finally, I have located the Great-grandmother, Karen Bentsdatter. Karen it appears contracted a number of marriages, after her first husband (and father of Sidse Andersdatter) Anders Pedersen died.

Karen Bentsdatter then remarried very quickly after the death of Anders Pedersen (she was betrothed within 10 days of his funeral) to a Jørgen Christensen. The entry in the church books for Karen Bentsdatter's 2nd marriage gives a fuller text for the marriage than the usual "Anders Pedersen married Karen Bentsdatter" and list of witness formula, so it would be interesting to get a translation (or transcript) of the entry, to see if it gives any indication of the circumstances of the widow Karen Bentsdatter. I have attached a copy of the church book entry to this post, but it can also be found via the following reference.

Sørbymagle Sogn, Sorø 1717-1752 Opslag 76 - Marriage of Karen Bentsdatter to Jørgen Christensen 10th July 1740.

Any assistance with this would be most appreciated.
Med venlig hilsen

Max Rasmussen - Norfolk, England