Else Bohm

Startet af Jack Frost, 14 Feb 2024 - 21:20

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jack Frost

The index lists No. 65 Else Bohm but I can't find the actual entry for her in the file.  I think it's her death in 1822. Can anyone find the actual entry?

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-994W-KWZG?i=231&wc=M5KH-Y49%3A357518001%2C357811301%2C357767401%2C358197501&cc=2078555

Ole Westermann

Here https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-L94W-KWSD?i=199&wc=M5KH-Y49%3A357518001%2C357811301%2C357767401%2C358197501&cc=2078555
Widow after late Schoolteacher Böhm in Staureby   79

And his death is her on March 2, 1820 https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=354373#354373,70344510
Böhm  Schoolteacher in Staureby  83 years old.

Jack Frost

Thanks.

Can you translate his first name?

Apparently they are not Johann Gottlieb Bohme and Else Poulsdatter.

Were Danish women's deaths listed under their maiden names?

Jack Frost

I hadn't read the school teacher reference, so I was wrong, it is them after all. 

Is there any reference to him being German?

Ole Westermann

Yes, it is for sure Johann Gottlieb Böhme (his first names not mentioned) and Else Poulsdatter (here called Böhm). Nothing about nationality, but I am 100% sure, that he is German !!

Svend Aage Mikkelsen

Here they are in the census of 1787:
Gottlieb Bøhm     50     Gift     Mand     Skoleholder i Stauerbye      
Else Poulsdatter     45     Gift     Hans Kone           
Jens Gottlieb Bøhm     11     Ugift     Deres Børn           
Svend Friderich Bøhm     9     Ugift     Deres Børn           
Christian Friderich Bøhm     6     Ugift     Deres Børn           
Poul Jensen Bøhm     2     Ugift     Deres Børn           
Martin Paaske Bøhm     1     Ugift     Deres Børn

Census 1801

Navn:    Alder:    Status:    Stilling i familien:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Johan Gotlieb Böhme     60     Gift     Mand     Skolelærer      
Else Poulsdatter     56     Gift     Hans Kone           
Martin Böhme     14     Ugift     Deres Børn           
Jacob Niendus Böhme     12     Ugift     Deres Børn

Svend Aage
Svend Aage

Ole Westermann

Merete

Hi

I just searched in my heritage for Johann and Else

and here it showed up that Johann is from Germany.

Look please at the file.
" Colmnitz  Klingenberg "

And Christians sæde is a kind of estate on Lolland in Denmark.

Merete

Ole Westermann

Where is the documentation of his birth and birtplace ?

Ole Westermann

And at Christianssæde estate in the 1780ies he was not a schoolteacher, but a gardener.
First later in Stavreby i Skelby p. he became a schoolteacher.

And why was their last son named Jacob Niendus  - I think because he was their 9th (niende) child, so probably 3 children had died in childhood.

Jack Frost

Citat fra: Merete Dato 15 Feb 2024 - 15:22Hi

I just searched in my heritage for Johann and Else

and here it showed up that Johann is from Germany.

Look please at the file.
" Colmnitz  Klingenberg "

And Christians sæde is a kind of estate on Lolland in Denmark.

Merete

If accurate, this is a great find!

What is the translation for the listing in Maribo?  It appears to be about his occupation?

I think I understand the rest.

Is there any information about his parents or his wife's parents?

Jack Frost

Also, is there contact information for the owner of that document in My Heritage?

Jack Frost

Do the names of Johan's parents look German?

Jack Frost

This first family tree on Ancestry.com has their marriage in Denmark (if it's them, spelled Bom).  I can't access the actual family tree.

Hans Hansen Bom found in 2 trees

Hans Hansen Bom from tree burkhart Family Tree
Record information.
Marriage   xx xxx xxxx Denmark
Record information.
Spouse   Anne Kirstine Mortensdatter (1751-xxxx )
1035 People1 Record1 Source

Hans Hansen Bom from tree Kristensen Family Tree
No publicly available LifeStory events
No publicly available family members
220 People0 Records1 Source
Contact Tree Owner
1 of 1

Jack Frost

Family Search has Hans and Anne married in 1818, plus they were both born after Johan Gottlieb so they can't be his parents. 

So, JGB may have been born in Germany but his parents weren't that Hans and Anne as far as I can tell. 

Ole Westermann

Merete ......?

Your clipping is not fit for use, so you must give a link to the MH file.
Documentation is essential !

Aksel Koplev

H Jack,

I have followed your link to MyHeritage, unfortunately there are no documentation to sources, but once more Colmnitz, Klingenberg, Germany is mentioned as  birthplace as well as the year 1736.

BR
Aksel

Jack Frost

Citat fra: Aksel Koplev Dato 16 Feb 2024 - 07:31H Jack,

I have followed your link to MyHeritage, unfortunately there are no documentation to sources, but once more Colmnitz, Klingenberg, Germany is mentioned as  birthplace as well as the year 1736.

BR
Aksel

Thanks.

I've seen so many errors in family trees online that I'm skeptical without finding actual records which make connections.  In this case, connecting him from Germany to Denmark. 

Ole Westermann

And when I ask for documentation of his suggested birthplace Colmnitz, Klingenberg, I meet SILENCE !

Jack Frost

This is a possible record source, assuming Colmnitz, Kilngenberg is in East Prussia, Prussia.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6FYC-9YZ2

Jack Frost

It appears Colmnitz, Klingenberg is in Saxony.  Was that part of Prussia?

Ole Westermann

Yes, it is SW to Dresden. But his surname is Bohm - not Böhme. They are 2 different surnames !
And where is the link connecting him to Denmark ?

My proposal from earlier https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:6NC5-Q1RJ seems better, and it is not so far from Colmnitz. It is between Dresden and Leipzig. You can google both places.

Jack Frost

Right or wrong, I've seen Bohme, Bohm, and Bom used interchangeably with both ø and Ö so the Bohm in the above record could refer to the Bohme in the family tree. 

But, it's not very useful unless he can be tied to Germany and Denmark.

Even if JGB has German ancestry he could have been born in Denmark himself, with a previous ancestor having been born in Germany, like a father or grandfather. 

On balance, the name and circumstantial evidence points to German ancestry but I'd prefer documentation.

JGB's grandson married a woman in Norway whose father was reportedly born in Hanover, Germany for what that's worth.   

Ole Westermann

I have looked through a LOT of musterrolls from 1730 to 1800, and ALL soldiers with German names, and that were most of them, said they were BORN in Germany.