WWI deaths

Startet af Art Berggreen, 12 Dec 2023 - 19:02

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Art Berggreen

Does anyone have experience researching people from Southern Jutland (Aabenraa) that might have died in World War I?  I am starting to believe that a distant relative might have been killed during that war.

In a Danish language document "SØNDERJYLLAND EFTER 1864" I found a reference to Bende Nielsen Seest which Google Translates as:
"Who can imagine the Sum of Sorrow and Pain that lies over these Danish homes! One simple message tells our heart more about that than the big numbers: "Bende Nielsen Seest paa Nørre. Hostrup Mark leaves behind a wife, four children Children, a blind father and a mother with a bad one Ben." And in a similar way it has sounded Time after time." 

Since his wife remarries in 1917, I am assuming that he was killed about 1916.  They were living in Egvad parish, Aabenraa at the time, but I haven't found a funeral entry there, but with the war, things may have been different.

Any help or ideas welcome,
Art

Hans Chr. Baagøe

WWI and WWII deaths and burial place of german soldiers can usually be found here:
https://www.volksbund.de/en/together-for-peace

I did a search for Bende Seest, the result is in the attached document. Excact burial place not known.

Hans Chr. Baagøe