wedding and baptism in Copenhagen

Startet af Annick ANDERSEN, 22 Nov 2023 - 18:28

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Annick ANDERSEN

Hello  from the southwest of France

I have two questions to ask:
- My grandparents got married in Paris at the Town Hall. My grandfather is Danish and my grandmother is French. Were they able to get married in church in Copenhagen?
- My father was born in Bordeaux (France), could he have been baptized in Copenhagen?
I thank you in advance for your answers. If necessary I will give the dates.

Bjørn Marcher

Hello Annick,

not sure I can answer precisely, but to my understanding your grandparents could have a blessing of their marriage in a church, e.g. in Copenhagen. It is not a marriage as such, but a blessing of an already existing marriage.

"Hvis I er viet borgerligt og efterfølgende har fået en kirkelig velsignelse af et borgerligt indgået ægteskab, får I udstedt en Velsignelsesattest. Velsignelsesattesten bliver oftest udstedt i forbindelse med velsignelsen, men I kan også få en ny velsignelsesattest på et senere tidspunkt."

As far as I know, a child can be baptized in a different parish/town than born. Exactly how there could be limitations across borders, I do not know. With a Danish father, this is hardly a problem.

May be someone else in this Forum would know?

Please be aware of the rules - "Avoid mentioning people who have not been dead for 10 years. If you do not know if a person actually is dead, you can use as a rule of thumb that the person must have been born at least 110 years ago."
You may post me a private mail with name and date details, but please do not post it in the public forum. In general, the informations has to be at least 50 years old to be available - and probably 60 years or so to be found online.

best regards

Bjørn Marcher

Bjørn Marcher
2670 Greve
www.bearfields.dk
Medlem af DIS-Danmark