Trying to locate birth record for Dorte Mortensdatter

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 03 Okt 2023 - 16:16

Forrige emne - Næste emne
Hello,

According to Census records Dorte Mortensdatter was born around 1795-1796 in Harte, Brusk, Vejle, Denmark.  I believe she married Mads Sørensen Vad 24 Apr 1818 in the Harte church but it is recorded in the Bramdrup parish records?

Marriage #9 here: [urlhttps://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=160448#160448,26967284[/url]

I searched the Confirmation books hoping to locate a birth date or a father's name without luck (Harte and Bramdrup Confirmations are in the same book for 1800-1815) but my vision is not great so I might have missed her.  I found the confirmation for Mads.

Year:   FT-1845   Source reference:   side 13   
Parish:   Harte   District:   Brusk
Shire:   Vejle   Place name:   Raadvad by

Mads Madsen Vad     48             gift          husmand, murer     Bramdrup 
Dorthe Mortensdatter     49             gift          hans kone     Harthe 
Peder Madsen            12     -          barn     Harthe 
Hans Madsen              9     -          barn     Harthe 
Jens Madsen              7     -          barn     Harthe 

Year:   FT-1850   Source reference:   84   
Parish:   Harte   District:   Brusk
Shire:   Vejle   Place name:   Raadvad Bye

Mads Sørensen Vad     62     Gift          Huusmand, Huusfader, Murer     Bramdrup sogn, Vejle amt 
Dorthe Morthensdatter     55     Gift          hans Kone     Harte sogn, Veile amt 
Jens Jo...sen??     27     Gift          Svigersøn, Dagleier     Ribe 
Ane Mette Madsen     27     Gift          hans Kone     Bramdrup sogn, Vejle amt 
Dorthe Marie Jensen     2     Ugift          deres Barn     Harte sogn, Veile amt 
Hans Madsen     14     Ugift          Huusfaderens Søn     Harte sogn, Veile amt 

Any ideas where to look for her birth record?  I have had no luck finding the birth records for their children either.

Lisa Petersen

The first entry of 1796, Dorte, daughter of Maren Jacobsdatter and corporal Morten Pedersen Mørk

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17121868#160447,75065261

Hope that helps.

Lisa Petersen
near Washington D.C.

Citat fra: Lisa Petersen Dato 04 Okt 2023 - 02:12The first entry of 1796, Dorte, daughter of Maren Jacobsdatter and corporal Morten Pedersen Mørk

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17121868#160447,75065261

Hope that helps.

Lisa Petersen
near Washington D.C.

Thanks so much Lisa!  I saw that record but assumed the parent's names were at the beginning and could not even decipher those so thought it was not the right one.  Now that I look at the record again, I can see her parents' names near the bottom.  The challenge I have is why can I not find her in the Census records, in Brusk, at all?  You would think her father or mother would at least be there.  Also, are you able to read the place name where she was born?  It looks like Stubdnup and I cannot navigate Krabsens since they changed their site.

Lisa Petersen

The birth place is Stubdrup, within Harte parish.

Krabsens Stednavnebase changed (this week?!) and I've only used it twice, so I'm not sure, but from the main page, click on Gå til databasen, then either enter Stubd in the stednavn field to see all the place names starting with those letters, or enter Harte in the sogn field to see all the place names in Harte sogn.

The mother Maren Jacobsdatter was in Hammelev, Gram herred, Haderslev amt, before the birth, so perhaps they went back there, or to where the father was (he was in the military, somewhere).

mvh
Lisa P.

Citat fra: Lisa Petersen Dato 04 Okt 2023 - 13:33The birth place is Stubdrup, within Harte parish.

Krabsens Stednavnebase changed (this week?!) and I've only used it twice, so I'm not sure, but from the main page, click on Gå til databasen, then either enter Stubd in the stednavn field to see all the place names starting with those letters, or enter Harte in the sogn field to see all the place names in Harte sogn.

The mother Maren Jacobsdatter was in Hammelev, Gram herred, Haderslev amt, before the birth, so perhaps they went back there, or to where the father was (he was in the military, somewhere).

mvh
Lisa P.

Thanks Lisa.  I tried Krabsens again and now it is easier to navigate.  For some reason I kept getting strange code popups each time I tried to enter a name.