Johan Peter Jensen 1864 Military Records Sought

Startet af Mary Jo Houck, 27 Aug 2011 - 13:23

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jane C

Aha!
I had found this and wondered if it is the same Caroline - but Johan's not born Jydstrup Sogn, Sorøe Amt?

København, København (Staden), Rosenborg Kvarter, Rosenborg, Aabenraa 225, kjælderen, 849, FT-1850, B6870
Johan Frederik Jensen 46 gift spækhöker born in Kjødstrup  
Caroline Christine Olstrup 38 gift his wife born in Kjøbenhavn
Johanne Frederikke Jensen 4 their daughter DO (ditto)
Karen Simonsdatter servant

Caroline's brothers:
Carl Andersen Oldrup born 1 June 1813 baptised 30 January 1814 GARNISONS SOGN, KOBENHAVN, KOBENHAVN, DENMARK -- father Niels Oldrup and mother Johanne Larsdr

Lars Oldrup born 01 September 1807 baptised 11 October 1807 GARNISONS SOGN, KOBENHAVN, KOBENHAVN, DENMARK -- father Niels Oldrup and mother Johanne Larsdr Birck

Mary Jo Houck

Wow, Hanne and Jane!
That is amazing!  Johan Peter and Maren's second daughter was named Caroline Christine (their first daughter was named after a sister of Maren that died at a young age.)  I will now go look at the church books so that I can see these records you have found.
Thank you both...this is just really, really cool!
Hanne, I am very thankful that you are going to look at the military records and am hopeful that you will find something.  It is very much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Mary Jo

Jane C

Yes, will be fun to see what Hanne returns with.

Mary Jo do you think this Lars could be father to Johanne Larsdatter Birck:

København, København (Staden), Vester Kvarter, , Henrik Fyhrens Gang 196, 952, FT-1787, C2170
Lars H.Birck 51 Gift-  Manden - Dreyer Svend ved Holmen
Joh.Madsen 46 Gift - hans Kone
Mar.Kirstine 16 Datter
M.Elisabet 13 Datter
Hans Jørgen 7 Søn

A Lars Hansen marries a Johanne Madsdr 17 July 1771 København, København
A Lars Hansen Birck marries Maren Jensdr 12 Jul 1761 Holmens Sogn, Kobenhavn, Kobenhavn

Mary Jo Houck

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn Dato 13 Sep 2011 - 14:21
Maybe this is Johan Peter together with the man caroline Christine Oldrup married july 2, 1847 in Trinitatis church.
Samtlige personer i husstanden

kbhv, København (Staden), Rosenborg Kvarter, St. Giertrud Stræde No. 210, 1. Bagsal, 1331 F2, FT-1845, C3146
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Hans Andersen   44    Gift      Arbeidsmand   Skulleløv, Osted Sogn, Frederiksborg Amt
Kirstine Larsdatter   44    Gift      hans Kone   Skulleløv, Osted Sogn, Frederiksborg Amt
Johan Frederik Jensen   40    Ugift      Arbeidsmand, Logerende   Mukkerhuset, Jydstrup Sogn, Sorøe Amt
Peter Johan Thalkein Jensen   8    Ugift      hans Søn   Kbhn
Regards
Hanne
Citat fra: Jane Christiansen Dato 13 Sep 2011 - 15:07
Aha!
I had found this and wondered if it is the same Caroline - but Johan's not born Jydstrup Sogn, Sorøe Amt?

København, København (Staden), Rosenborg Kvarter, Rosenborg, Aabenraa 225, kjælderen, 849, FT-1850, B6870
Johan Frederik Jensen 46 gift spækhöker born in Kjødstrup  
Caroline Christine Olstrup 38 gift his wife born in Kjøbenhavn
Johanne Frederikke Jensen 4 their daughter DO (ditto)
Karen Simonsdatter servant

Jane,
Would you please take a look at kirkebøger Jystrup Ringsted Sorø Jystrup - Valsølille  1748 1814 opslag 145 (right page, 2nd from top) and see if this might be the Johan Frederick Jensen?  I have just found the name and am very unable to read the rest.  A translation would be appreciated!
Is there actually a Kjødstrup?  I didn't see a listing for it in the kirkebøger, but since I am not too familiar with Danish names I can't be sure.  The two (Kjødstrup and Jystrup) names seem very similiar to me, and one could be a misspelling of the other.
Thank you!
Kind regards,
Mary Jo

Lissa Pedersen

Kjødstrup must be a misspelling. The right place name is Jystrup (Jydstrup).

Lissa

Jane C

Thanks Lissa. The place name then is Jydstrup, Jystrup, Ringsted, Sorø.

About the churchbook - I can't read/translate it either Mary Jo - sorry. Will some other kind soul help -- Lissa? Hanne?

Family Search has this record:

Johan Friderich Jensen
baptised 07 Oct 1804,  JYSTRUP, SORO, DENMARK
Parents Jens Andersen,​ Cecilie Frideriksdr

married 18 May 1804

Lissa Pedersen

I'll give it a try - cannot read it all, but perhaps others can fill in the gaps:

19th Sunday after Trinitatis on 7 October smallholder and shoemaker
Jens Andersen and wife Cecilie Friedrichs Datter in the ??
House took their son baptised at home, born 31 August, to have the baptism
confirmed in Jystrup church. The child named Johan Friderich
was presented by the girl Maria Fridrichs Datter  ?? (perhaps servant) in
Ringsted. Witnesses: ?? Jensen in the ?? farm (?). ??
??? wife Kirsten Niels Datter xx the xxx farm, and ??
???? wife Johanne living at Jystrup Mark

Lissa

Jane C

Nice Lissa!

Do you think this could be Cecile:

Cille Fridrichsdatter
baptised 27 Mar 1780
Allindemagle, Soro, Denmark
Parents: Fridrich Matthiesen Rytter

Lissa Pedersen

Mary Jo Houck

Thanks, Lissa!  You did awesome!
Do you think the first word you couldn't get (the word right after their names) is a variation of 'Mukkerhuset'?
This is from the 1845 census:
Johan Frederik Jensen   40    Ugift      Arbeidsmand, Logerende   Mukkerhuset, Jydstrup Sogn, Sorøe Amt

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Mary,

Yes, I think that's the word/name.

Lissa

Hanne Bjørn

Now I have been on LAK. Johan Peter came to Lemming parish already 1853 from Frederiks parish.
The list I found said he was the one who was born that day on den kongelige fødselsstiftelse.
But the military list when he came into Frederiks parish was not on LAK, they told that it will be in books on the arcive in Viborg. I can see in the churchbook that he leave Frederiks but not when he came into the parish. He will not be in til & afgang before he was confirmed.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Hanne Bjørn

Tilgangsliste Lemming 1853 op 102 no 27
FT 1855 Lemming op 9
I have looked about Johan could be one of the boyes from Copenhagen there were sent to the farm Bøgildgård in Thorning parish but can not find him there in 1850. Thorning is close to Frederiks where we now know he was in 1852. 
ragards
Hanne Bjørn

Jane C

That's good to know Hanne. We had been eager for you to come back and report. :D

I looked for 13-year-old Johan Peder Jensen in the 1850 census in Frederiks sogn, Viborg amount, as I'm sure you did too, and did not find him. Did you wonder about this boy:

Viborg, Lysgaard, Frederiks, Frederiks Sogn, Frederikshede - en Gaard, 61, FT-1850, B4511
Jens Peder Jensen 13 ugift - Deres Pleiesøn - born in Kjøbenhavn

Here is Caroline Christine Oldrup in 1845:
København, København (Staden), Sankt Annæ Øster Kvarter, , Store Kongensgade 246, 2, FT-1845, C3485
Carl Wilhelm Hochbrandz
Christiane Elisabeth Hochbrandz
Anne Kistine Wilhelmine Hochbrandz
Ida Sophie Elisabeth Hochbrandz
Carstine Christine Oldrup 33 ugift - Enepige - Kiøbenhavn

Caroline's brother Carl Ferdinandt Oldrup has died by 1845. His wife Henriette Amalia Petersen is a widow.

København, København (Staden), Købmager Kvarter, Store Grønnegade 265, 2. Bagsal, 1698, FT-1845, C3428
Henriette Petersen 28 Enke Haandarbeide Kjøbenhavn
Henriette Oldrup 7 hendes Barn
Ferdinandt Oldrup 5 hendes Barn (Carl Ferdinandt baptised 12 JUL 1840 Trinitatis)
Christian Oldrup 2 hendes Barn
Carl. Hansen 2 Pleiebarn

How can a young widow with three little children also take care of a two-year-old foster child?!

In 1850 Henriette is taking care of a little boy named Fr J
København, København (Staden), Rosenborg Kvarter, Rosenborg kvarter, Vognmagergade 65, 1ste bagsal, 625, FT-1850, B6870
Henriette Oldrup 33 enke
Hendriette Oldrup 12
Carel Oldrup 10
Frederik Jensen 1 pleie barn
Marie Petersen 61 - haandarbeide, logerende

I believe this is Henriette's son Carl Ferdinandt Oldrup in 1880:
København, København (Staden), Klerkegade, No. 7, Mellembygningen, 157, 84, FT-1880, D3904
Carl Oldrup 40 Gift Husfader - Smedesvend - Kjøbenhavn
Bodil Oldrup 46 Slagelse
Henriette Oldrup 14 Kjøbenhavn
Johanne Oldrup 13
Nicolai Oldrup 10 (Carl Nicolai born 15 MAY 1870 Sankt Pauls)

Jane C

Hanne - could Johan Peder Jensen be sent to Bøgildgård boys reformatory in Thorning sometime after the 1845 census in Copenhagen and before 1850? You mentioned that you looked in 1850 - is there no list for the other years? If he is sent to Bøgildgård, that would explain how he comes to Viborg from Copenhagen.

Hanne Bjørn

Maybe it could be Johan in the sencus 1850 in Frederiks. I will take a look at AO. I looked 1850 sencus for Thorning for Bøgildgård. Maybe they have some papers from Bøgildgård at the arcive in Viborg. But I can not find Johan confirmed in Frederiks. But since it was a church with service in german because of all the germans in the parish, maybe he was confirmed in an other parish. I found some of the boyes on Bøgildgård confirmed in Thorning one of them was vacinated by the same doctor than Johan was.
regards
Hanne

Jane C

It really helps that you know so much about it.

Hanne Bjørn

I put up the picture from the book where it is signed who Johan Peter´s mother was,
It is signed where Johan Peter was some years after he was born.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Mary Jo Houck

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn Dato 15 Sep 2011 - 17:06
Now I have been on LAK.
Thank you, Hanne!  What you've found is wonderful!

Citat fra: Jane Christiansen Dato 16 Sep 2011 - 17:02

I looked for 13-year-old Johan Peder Jensen in the 1850 census in Frederiks sogn, Viborg amount, as I'm sure you did too, and did not find him. Did you wonder about this boy:

Viborg, Lysgaard, Frederiks, Frederiks Sogn, Frederikshede - en Gaard, 61, FT-1850, B4511
Jens Peder Jensen 13 ugift - Deres Pleiesøn - born in Kjøbenhavn

I, too, keep coming back to this name, Jane.  It just sort of keeps 'ringing a bell'.  Thank you for the work you've done on Caroline's siblings.  It is much appreciated and you've given me a lot of information to look over.

Citat fra: Jane Christiansen Dato 16 Sep 2011 - 18:17
Hanne - could Johan Peder Jensen be sent to Bøgildgård boys reformatory in Thorning sometime after the 1845 census in Copenhagen and before 1850? You mentioned that you looked in 1850 - is there no list for the other years? If he is sent to Bøgildgård, that would explain how he comes to Viborg from Copenhagen.

Getting sent to the Bøgildgård boys reformatory would really explain how he ended up in Viborg...and perhaps why he spent so many years in the military.  The only reference I had that JP was in the miltary was from this website:
http://www.kinquest.com/dkgenealogy/daneveterans.php?action=place
If you scroll down through Minnesota to the town of Storden, you see JP as having served in the war of 1864.  It has been surprising to find out that he had such a long history in the military.  That he may have been sent to Bøgildgård is surprising as well.  He did name a daughter after his mother, so that would suggest to me that he had warm feelings toward her.  While the Johan Friderich is a candidate for his father, if JP was sent to Bøgildgård then perhaps that would be a likely indicator that JF wasn't the father.  I do not know much about reformatories...I think it would be a likely place to sent a child if they were't getting along with the stepfather.  Of course, he may have done something that made it so he deserved to get sent there.  I realize there are multiple possibilities and that I am unlikely to know the full story.  Our family history would suggest that JP was close to his sons, after they came to the United States.

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn Dato 16 Sep 2011 - 18:41
Maybe it could be Johan in the sencus 1850 in Frederiks. I will take a look at AO. I looked 1850 sencus for Thorning for Bøgildgård. Maybe they have some papers from Bøgildgård at the arcive in Viborg. But I can not find Johan confirmed in Frederiks. But since it was a church with service in german because of all the germans in the parish, maybe he was confirmed in an other parish. I found some of the boyes on Bøgildgård confirmed in Thorning one of them was vacinated by the same doctor than Johan was.

Amazing again, Hanne!  The extra information that you know is very interesting.  I, too, looked for a confirmation in Frederiks and did not see it.  If he was sent to reformatory, is it possible that he would have gone back to his family for his confirmation?

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn Dato 18 Sep 2011 - 15:29
I put up the picture from the book where it is signed who Johan Peter´s mother was,
It is signed where Johan Peter was some years after he was born.
Citat fra: Jane Christiansen Dato 18 Sep 2011 - 16:54
Wonderful to see!!!
Yes it is!  Hanne, you are amazing and your efforts are much appreciated by me.  It is wonderful to see the actual documentation.  Thank you!  

You have all been so kind and I am sorry to ask for another favor, but could I get a transcription or a translation on this?  I can do fairly well with reading the kirkebøger, but I can't figure out a lot of these letters and I don't want to miss something important.

Mary Jo Houck

I'm going to try posting this in a larger size, so that it may be easier to see.  Thank you!

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Hanne Bjørn

I have looked in the pupils lsit for Bøgildgård. johan was not there.
We  can still not found the military incomming list B 1852 for Frederiks parish.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Jane C

Mary Jo - If no one here comes to help read this old record - maybe you could post this request on "Hjælp til tydning af tekster..."

It's hard to read!

Hanne - that was so good of you to look in the Bøgildgård books. Now we know that is not what happened to him.

Mary Jo Houck

Thank you, Hanne, for trying to find him in the Bøgildgård!  Your try is much appreciated!

Thanks to you, too, Jane.  I'll try posting it there.

Mary Jo Houck

Arne Nielsen was kind enough to transcribe and translate this for me.  Thought I'd add it to this post so that you who have been so kind could see!  I'm not sure if this meant Peter Johan traveled with his mother or was fostered out...

Nr. 569, Drengebarnet Johan Peter
Født den 7 December 1836 under Nr 936 og døbt den 13de s. M.
Udleveret den 14 December 1836. Moderen Nr. 925 N 15 C
til Moderen Caroline Christina Oldrup
ugivt, og har født paa Stiftelsen, 25 Aar,
født heri Staden, stedse opholdt sig og
tjent her til hun kom paa Stiftelsen,
sidst hos en Madame Haste i ----
til Chrystalgade No. 72, 2 Sahl over Gaar-
den hos Skræder Lunds Enke, hvor hun tager Barnet med. ---
den 24 Decb. Barnet meldt flyttet til
Diederik Badskhergang No. 204, 1ste Bagsahl
hos Skomagersvend -- N. Lundsted.
1838 16 Jun. Barnet meldt flyttet til Lille
Strandstræde No. 73 hos Arbeidsmd. Anders
Jensen. 1839 d. 4 Maj til Hjørnet af -----
og Torvegade. Hos Bagerkarl....

No. 569, The boy child Johan Peter
Born December 7, 1836, under No. 936 and baptized the 13th same month
Surrendered December 14, 1836. Mother No. 925 N 15 C
to the mother Caroline Christina Oldrup
unmarried, and has given birth at the Foundation, 25 years old;
born in this city, always been staying and
serving here until she came to the Foundation,
last at a Madame Haste's in ----
to Chrystalgade No. 72, 2nd floor across the
yard at the tailor's widow Lund's, where she brings the child with her. ---
the 24 Decb. the child reported moved to
Diederik Badskhergang No. 204, 1st floor, bachyard
with shoemaker journeyman - N. Lundsted.
1838 16 June the child reported moved to Lille
Strandstræde No. 73 at worker Anders
Jensen's. 1839, May 4, to the corner of -----
and Torvegade. With Baker....

Jane C

Thank you for thinking of us and posting this Mary Jo! Yes, one becomes interested. : D

Svend Danielsen

Citat fra: Mary Jo Houck [11404] Dato 06 Okt 2011 - 20:39
Arne Nielsen was kind enough to transcribe and translate this for me.  Thought I'd add it to this post so that you who have been so kind could see!  I'm not sure if this meant Peter Johan traveled with his mother or was fostered out...

Nr. 569, Drengebarnet Johan Peter
Født den 7 December 1836 under Nr 936 og døbt den 13de s. M.
Udleveret den 14 December 1836. Moderen Nr. 925 N 15 C
til Moderen Caroline Christina Oldrup
ugivt, og har født paa Stiftelsen, 25 Aar,
født heri Staden, stedse opholdt sig og
tjent her til hun kom paa Stiftelsen,
sidst hos en Madame Haste i ----
til Chrystalgade No. 72, 2 Sahl over Gaar-
den hos Skræder Lunds Enke, hvor hun tager Barnet med. ---
den 24 Decb. Barnet meldt flyttet til
Diederik Badskhergang No. 204, 1ste Bagsahl
hos Skomagersvend -- N. Lundsted.
1838 16 Jun. Barnet meldt flyttet til Lille
Strandstræde No. 73 hos Arbeidsmd. Anders
Jensen. 1839 d. 4 Maj til Hjørnet af -----
og Torvegade. Hos Bagerkarl....

No. 569, The boy child Johan Peter
Born December 7, 1836, under No. 936 and baptized the 13th same month
Surrendered December 14, 1836. Mother No. 925 N 15 C
to the mother Caroline Christina Oldrup
unmarried, and has given birth at the Foundation, 25 years old;
born in this city, always been staying and
serving here until she came to the Foundation,
last at a Madame Haste's in ----
to Chrystalgade No. 72, 2nd floor across the
yard at the tailor's widow Lund's, where she brings the child with her. ---
the 24 Decb. the child reported moved to
Diederik Badskhergang No. 204, 1st floor, bachyard
with shoemaker journeyman - N. Lundsted.
1838 16 June the child reported moved to Lille
Strandstræde No. 73 at worker Anders
Jensen's. 1839, May 4, to the corner of -----
and Torvegade. With Baker....