Johan Peter Jensen 1864 Military Records Sought

Startet af Mary Jo Houck, 27 Aug 2011 - 13:23

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Mary Jo Houck

I am wondering if someone might be able to help me regarding my g-g-grandfather.  I am trying to find out if there is any access to military records that might help me locate him prior to the first records I have that mention him, which is his daughter's birth in 1868.  I do not know if he had any siblings or what his parents names could be.

Johan Peder Jensen was born in Copenhaven, Denmark (this according to the 1880 Danish census).  He is listed as a veteran of the war of 1864-the Slesvig-Holsten War.  His first child with Maren Sørensen, Sidsel Cecilie Jensen, was baptized on 30 May 1866 at the Balle church.   He married Maren Sørensen Skoby on 17 Apr 1868 at the church at Balle.  They are then documented in the church records as departing for Funder 23 Apr 1868.  The remainder of their Danish born children are baptized at the Funder church, beginning with the recorded birth of Peter Søren Jensen on 7 Sep 1868 and ending with Thekla Hedevig Jensen on 28 Aug 1881.

I have found Maren's family on all of the census with the exception of the 1870.  I have not found Maren and Johan in the 1870 census, either.

In 1880, Johan and Maren are living with their children Soren, Karoline, Ove, Inger and Jens Peder in Funder, Viborg Co., Denmark.  Eldest daughter Cecelia is shown living with her maternal grandparents in Balle, a place not far from Funder.

On 15 June 1882, Johan Peder Jensen registers to immigrate to America.  His last residence is shown as Funder in Viborg county, Denmark.  He sails on the 'Peruvian' and lands in Quebec.  He settles in Cottonwood Co., MN., where he dies in 1915.

There is a list of Danish military that references  "Salomons Almanak for 1916: De Forenede Staters Danske Almanak, Haand- og Aarbog" published in 1916, both compiled by Michael Salomon and published in Seattle, Washington, by the Danish Publishing House of the Pacific."  Johan Peder Jensen, living in Storden, Cottonwood Co., MN, shows on this list.

Help would be most appreciated...thank you!

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Mary Jo,

I just want to show the 1880 census:

viborg, Hids, Funder, Funder By, Funder Sogn, Hids Herred, Viborg Amt, , 11. Et Hus, 50, FT-1880
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Johan Peder Jensen 43  Gift Husfader, Lever af sin Ejendom  Kjøbenhavn
Maren Sørensen 36  Gift hans Hustru  Balle Sogn, Viborg Amt
Søren Peder Jensen 11  Ugift deres Barn  Funder, Viborg Amt
Karoline Kirstine Jensen 8  Ugift deres Barn  Funder, Viborg Amt
Ove Peder Jensen 5  Ugift deres Barn  Funder, Viborg Amt
Inger Jensen 4  Ugift deres Barn  Funder, Viborg Amt
Jens Peder Jensen 1  Ugift deres Barn  Funder, Viborg Amt

Lissa

Jane C

Like Lissa, I'm just adding a note of information - according to Find-a-Grave, Johan Peder's gravestone (at Old Westbrook Lutheran Church Cemetery in Cottonwood County, Minnesota - and Storden was originally called Westbrook) says he's born Dec. 7, 1836, and Maren's marker says she is born May 2, 1843. Their children are also listed.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=38372067

Also, two more Danes are in Storden, Minnesota, who are veterans along with Johan Peder: Peder Ruhberg and Peder Poulsen. Maybe they didn't know each other in Denmark - but yet it's possible they're from the same place.

Lissa Pedersen

A bit more about Johan Peder:

JENSEN, JOHAN PEDER
Date of Birth:  na
Place of Birth:  na
Mother Maiden Name:  na

certid# 1915-MN-002698

Date of Death:  09 Apr 1915
County of Death: COTTONWOOD

Lissa

Hanne Bjørn

Since Jane found his birthday I tried about he could be born on Fødselsstiftelsen in Copenhagen. There is born a Johan Peter that day but no parents mentioned on AO opslag 289.
1. nov. 1858 he came from Grønbæk parish to Lemming parish.
11. nov. 1860 he came from Lemming parish to Svostrup parish
22.nov. 1863 he came from Svostrup parish to Lemming parish His vacination is mentioned as 1843 by (Fehr) I am not sure about the name.
1864  he came to Gødvad parish from Lemming.
I am not able to find his marriage in Balle.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Jane C

We should definitely follow Hanne's leads!

I couldn't find a Johan Peter/Johan Peder/ in Svostrup, Hids, Viborg in the census of 1860. Could he be this man: Hans Peter Jensen age 21, "huusfaderens Søn, Snedker," with father Jens Pedersen.

I have seen before the name Hans in the census for a boy baptised Johan. This Hans is born in Tvilum Sogn, Skanderborg Amount. That doesn't fit with Hanne's find for a Johan Peder born on the right day in Copenhagen; but I also have seen in the census the wrong birth place - where the census taker writes that the children are born where the parents are born, and we know it's wrong.

The father's name Jens Pedersen certainly does fit.

The Minnesota death record that Lissa found might very well list his parents b] (at any rate the record is supposed to contain that information). The online records omit much that is on the originals. Have you got the original death certificate Mary Jo?

The Minnesota Historical Society would have it and copies are not expensive. Their website:
http://people.mnhs.org/dci/Search.cfm

Hanne Bjørn

The sencus 1860 is from february. At that time Johan should be in Lemming parish, but he is not in the sencus. If he served as soldier at that time he will be listed there. I put in the places I could find in the churchbook if some will look in the soldier papers called Lægsrullen. The books with soldiers papers normal are in LAK if they not have started moving books.
In Viborg they have films.
Before 1858 I do not know how long he was in Grønbæk.
1858 to 1860 he was in Lemming
1860 to 1863 he was in Svostrup
1863 to 1864 he was in Lemming again
1864 he moved to Gødvad that place is mentioned when his first child was born.
One place it is mentioned wich doctor who had vacinated him. That name any other in the parish have, so it can be a doctor in Copenhagen.
I found a fosterchild in Copenhagen 1840 Johan Peter who could be him.
!870 in Funder the family are on op 24 on AO. Also there Johan is listed born in København.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Hanne Bjørn

I can see I was wrong.
Grønbæk and Svostrup parishes must have  had the same minister so Johan Peter Jensen was in Svostrup parish from may 1858 to nov. 1858.
I am not sure where he came from I read Skorup but maybe that is wrong.
It is Svostrup op 144 he is no 11.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Hanne Bjørn

Johan Peter Jensen is in lægsrullen 1858 Viborg county, Lemming parish læg no 148.
He is mention as no 53 his earlier no C90 high 63½" . Since it is on film on the arcive in Viborg it is not easy to make foto of it.
It say something with change and Aalborg and 11 Bat 18/67. Soldier 20/5 1861
No father mentioned but birthplace still København.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Mary Jo Houck

Thanks to Hanne for the reminder to check the board.  Now, I think I have checked the boxes that will send a notification when a response has been made.
I am so excited about the conversation regarding Johan Peter Jensen that all of you have been having without me!  I will take some time to look over the information and post a response.  Many thanks to you for having followed up on this for me!

Mary Jo Houck

Lissa - Thanks for posting the census.  I have seen his death record and it does not list his parents.

Jane - Thank you for the information.  

Citat fra: Jane Christiansen Dato 28 Aug 2011 - 12:59
Also, two more Danes are in Storden, Minnesota, who are veterans along with Johan Peder: Peder Ruhberg and Peder Poulsen. Maybe they didn't know each other in Denmark - but yet it's possible they're from the same place.

Johan Peter and Maren's daughter, Caroline, would go on to marry  a son of Peter Ruhberg's.  The families were great friends, but I am unsure when they met.  Peter Ruhberg was born in Schleswig-Holstein.  I assume they met while they were soldiers.  I have not checked on the Poulsen line to see where they originated.

Maren Sørensdatter Jensen's brother, Søren Sørenson Skouby, had immigrated to the US and settled in Storden prior to Johan Peter and Maren.  I assume that Storden was their destination because of this connection.  The Sørensen family was in Øster Bording, Balle, Hids, Denmark, beginning in the 1845 census.

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn Dato 28 Aug 2011 - 21:44
Since Jane found his birthday I tried about he could be born on Fødselsstiftelsen in Copenhagen. There is born a Johan Peter that day but no parents mentioned on AO opslag 289.

Can you post the URL?  I tried to look this up but I am not finding 'Fødselsstiftelsen'.

1. nov. 1858 he came from Grønbæk parish to Lemming parish.
11. nov. 1860 he came from Lemming parish to Svostrup parish
22.nov. 1863 he came from Svostrup parish to Lemming parish His vacination is mentioned as 1843 by (Fehr) I am not sure about the name.
1864  he came to Gødvad parish from Lemming.

Thank you!  That is great information to have!

I am not able to find his marriage in Balle.

JP and Maren were married at the Balle kirke, but the marriage is registered in Gødvad (opslag 27) 1868.  (Is this because Johan was registered at Gødvad parish?)  I think is shows his vaccination in 1843?
Their first child's birth (Sidsel Cecilie) is registered in Balle (opslag 36) 1866.  Can you please check this to see if there is any important information?  It does show JP from Gødvad, but I can't understand the other writing that is with it.  Also, I don't understand the words in front of Maren's name.

It is very hard to read the names of Sidsel's sponsors, but I do see a Jorgen or Jergen Jensen?  There is a Jorgen Jensen, born 21 Jan 1825 in Malling, Ning, Aarhus, Denmark that immigrates to the Storden, Minn. area, but he was also the 2nd husband to Anna Maria Pedersen (married 13 Nov 1851 in Låsby, Gjern, Skanderborg, Denmark.)  Anna Maria's daughter, Thora Katrine(with her first husband Anders Christensen).  Thora Katrine marries Søren Sørensen Skouby, the brother of Maren Sørensdatter Jensen, at Balle.  They all immigrated to the Storden area.  Also listed for Sidsel is a Søren Skouby, which would be either Maren's father or her brother...they both lived at Oster Børding, Balle, Hids, Viborg, Denmark.

Aarhus, Ning, Malling, Malling, , et Huus, 20, FT-1834
Jens Pedersen 39  gift  Dagleier  
Mette Nielsdatter 38  gift  hans Kone  
Dorthe Cathrine Jensdatter 11  ugift  deres datter  
Jørgen Jensen 8  ugift  deres søn  
Peder Jensen 5  ugift  deres søn  
Mette Marie Jensdatter 3  ugift  deres datter  
Karen Jensdatter 71  Enke  Almisselem

Skanderborg, Gjern, Laasby, Kalbygaard Mark, , Thorsminde, en Gaard, 117, FT-1850
Maire Pedersdatter 42  Enke  Husholderske paa Gaarden Feuling, Skanderborg Amt
Christen Andersen 8  Ugift  hendes Barn Feuling, Skanderborg Amt
Thora Katrine Andersen 5  Ugift  hendes Barn her i Sognet
Jens Pedersen 36  Ugift  Tjenestefolk paa Gaarden Feuling, Skanderborg Amt
Jørgen Jensen 25  Ugift  Tjenestefolk paa Gaarden Malling, Aarhus Amt
Christian Pedersen 70  Enkemand  Tjenestefolk paa Gaarden Galthen, Aarhus Amt

Skanderborg, Gjern, Laasby, Thorsminde, , Gaard, 34, FT-1860
Jørgen Jensen 34  gift Gaardbestyrer, Huusfader  Malling S., Aarhuus A.
Ane Marie Pedersen 51  gift hans Kone  Feuling S., her i Amtet
Christen Andersen 18  ugift [hendes søn af første Ægteskab, tjenestekarl]  her i Sognet
Thore Cathrine Andersen 15  ugift [hendes datter af første Ægteskab, tjenestepige]  [her i Sognet]

Viborg, Hids, Balle, Øster Bording, , , Nr. 25, FT-1870

Jørgen Jensen 45  Gift  Aftægtsmand Malling sogn, Aarhus amt

Danish Emigration
Registration date: 4/13/1871 (same day as Soren Sorensen Skoby)
Contract number: 909 (1 less then Soren Sorensen Skoby)
destination: Rochester
Last res: Balle, Viborg, Denmark
Name:  Jensen, Jørgen Occupation:  Landmand
Contract no.:  90900 Registration date:  4/13/1871
Birth place:  ? Birth place:  ?
Last res. parish:  Balle Last res. county:  Viborg
Last residence:  Balle, Vib. A. Destination country:  USA
Destination city:  Rochester Destination state:  ?
Name of ship:  Indirekte
IDcode:  I7172J0113

90700 Jensen, Anders, Landmand, 18, Balle, Vib. A., 4/13/1871-Rochester
90800 Sørensen, Enevold, Landmand, 20, Balle, Vib. A., 4/13/1871-Rochester
90900 Jensen, Jørgen, Landmand, 46, Balle, Vib. A., 4/13/1871-Rochester
90900 Jensen, Ane Marie, Hustru, 52, Balle, Vib. A., 4/13/1871-Rochester
91000 Schoubo, Søren, Landmand, 35, Balle, Vib. A., 4/13/1871-Rochester
91000 Schoubo, Thora Cathr., Hustru, 27, Balle, Vib. A., 4/13/1871-Rochester
91000 Schoubo, Anders, Barn , 03 1/2, Balle, Vib. A., 4/13/1871-Rochester
(In this listing, Jorgen is the stepfather of Thora Cathr.  I don't know who Anders Jensen or Enevold Sørensen are, or if they are related.)

1868 JP and Maren move from Gødvad opslag 122.

1868 JP and Maren move to Funder opslag 138.

1868 Peter Søren Jensen born Funder opslag 28.

1871 Caroline Christine born Funder opslag 76.

1873 Ole Jensen born Funder opslag 45.

1876 Inger Jensen born Funder opslag 30.

1879 Jens Peter Jensen born Funder opslag 13.

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn Dato 02 Sep 2011 - 20:13
Johan Peter Jensen is in lægsrullen 1858 Viborg county, Lemming parish læg no 148.
He is mention as no 53 his earlier no C90 high 63½" . Since it is on film on the arcive in Viborg it is not easy to make foto of it.
It say something with change and Aalborg and 11 Bat 18/67. Soldier 20/5 1861
No father mentioned but birthplace still København.

I'm sorry but I don't understand much of this.  What is 'in lægsrullen'?  And 'no 53 his earlier no C90'?  What is 11 Bat 18/67 and soldier 20/5 1861?  I'm sorry...

Many thanks for ALL the hard work...it is MUCH appreciated!
Kind regards,
Mary Jo

Hanne Bjørn

Lægsrullen=military records   You asked for some records. I do not know about you can find a page with something in english about danish military records, Do you know you can use Google to tranlate from danish. When I was in TN this summer I saw you shall find it under "More" at your Google.
Since I found in the churchsbook that Johan had been in Lemming parish it was one of the parish I looked in. They got a number in 1858 and they put in wich number they had in the last list. I was not able to find that list I only had a little hour on the arcive because they close 1pm at friday.
And there are some short word wich is hard to understand about where they had been soldier and when they stopped be in the list. I hope maybe some other who knows more about this can explan it. 11 bat is where he was as soldier I think.
Fødselstiftelsen=den kongelige fødselsstiftelse was a place were unmarried women could have their children and they only put in a number for the mother. Sometimes it is posible to find more informations on Rigsarkivet about the mother and the child.
The words before Maren´s name Moderen ugift fruentimmer=the mother unmarried woman.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Jane C

Hanne has found some wonderful information! I don't know how you do it, Hanne!  :D

Mary Jo, are you noticing Hanne has not done this from a home computer - she has traveled to the place where the records are kept. Awesome.

Like you, Mary Jo, I have a hard time understanding what was said. Military records - in Danish OR in English - are tough to understand. I will try to help by guessing what is meant.

Hanne, I hope you read this and tell if these guesses are close, in your opinion.

"Johan Peter Jensen is in lægsrullen 1858 Viborg county, Lemming parish læg no 148. He is mention as no 53 his earlier no."

"Lægsrullen" seems to refer to a military registry of some sort, as Hanne says. I tried a translation on GramTrans quick dictionary:

http://gramtrans.com/quickdict?word=l%C3%A6gs&pair=dan2eng

"Lægdsrulle" = the conscription regist. "Rulle" = roll; one type of military roll/registration list is a "rulle indføre i" = register for national service. "Lægds" = recruiting areas.

A GUESS is Johan Peter's lægsrullen/military register is a home defense, maybe like the National Guard in the U.S.?

So on this type of military roll in this recruiting area (Lemming parish, Viborg county) in 1858, Johan Peter Jensen is soldier #148. In an earlier registration period, he had a different number, #53. Unfortunately Hanne can't make a picture of this record - but at least she can tell you about it! May be possible if you write to the source they can duplicate the image?

About C90 high 63-1/2". I think this is his height and weight. In U.S. military records, height, weight, and hair/eye color are recorded on registration. I suppose it could help to identify a soldier.

"It say something with change and Aalborg." It's hard for Hanne to read the old handwriting and poor reproduction of the record on microfilm. But we can GUESS maybe Johan Peter is transferred to 11th Battallion in Aalborg?

A GUESS about "18/67. Soldier 20/5 1861" - In U.S., dates are given - for when a soldier enlisted, and when he was discharged. I think maybe these numbers are dates? He enlisted as a soldier 20 May 1861? and discharged 01 August 1867?

So my GUESS is that he was registered in 1858 (and earlier) for a type of militia/home guard/whatever at home in Lemming but then in 1861 there's a change - he transfers into or registers for service in Aalborg (maybe changes to a different type service, like the regular army, for example).

Your thoughts, Hanne?????

Jane C

http://www.forsvarsmuseum.dk/index.html

The Danish military museum at Aalborg states: "The collections of the museum cover all branches of the Danish Total defence comprising the army, the Air force, the Home Guard, the Police and the Civil Defence (now Rescue Services). Further there are comprehensive exhibitions on the subject: Denmark during World War II and on Aalborg as an important garrison city."

Notice the reference to various type of service. I would think we could eventually get to the bottom of the mystery of what type of service Johan Peter was in during the various time periods.

Hanne Bjørn

At least I did not have much time before they cloced friday. I try to take a picture with my phone but I have to tranfer it by Bluetooth because there is no line to my telephone. And I am not sure we can see something from the film. I was not able to find the film where he should had the old no C 90 that is a list with incoming to the parish. The letter  say what year it is. I have a book where I can see it so maybe it is not C but G because that is 1857.
From about 1860 there is any more film in Viborg. So we shall ask for books and that I had not time for.
Normal the fathers name is mentioned as jens ?´s son Johan but this Johan is mentioned with his name Johan Peter Jensen and no father or mother. Sons born by unmarried woman has the mother´s name in lægsrullen.
It look like he first was soldier in 1861. From the first when  he was born 1836 in Copenhagen  at that time it was only boyes out of the big towns who should be soldiers. That changed in 1848.
From 1848-1861 they came in lægsrullen when they was 14 years old.
When I got time enogh on the arcive I must try to follow him back from Lemming.
Statens arkiver have something on danish about how to use lægsruller but it is not easy to understand if we have not try it. I have not seen lægsruller on Internet.
Not many use lægsruller on the arcive it is hard to read the films and understand what it is.
The books are placed in Copenhagen. All things from LAK will be moved to Rigsarkivet I have hear but I am not sure when.
regards
Hanne

Hanne Bjørn

When Johan Peter Jensen came to Svostrup parish may 1858 it look like he came from Skaarup it is op 144. I have tried different parish with a town Skaarup but cannot find him leave.
Maybe some other can try to look at it.
regards
Hanne

Mary Jo Houck

Hanne - It is difficult with the language to convey just how much your help and information means to me.  You are very, very kind and I give many thanks to you.  Thank you for your interest and your help, and the time that you have spent looking at the actual records.  It is appreciated more that you would ever know, and your efforts bring tears to my eyes.  Thank you!
Jane - Thank you for the your efforts in interpreting Hanne's work.  That is also much appreciated.  Knowing some of the historical background is very helpful (and interesting!) to me, as well.  Thank you!

The mention of the home guard is very interesting to me.  I have a photo that I found recently, that I suspect to be Johan Peter Jensen.  It is a postmortum (after death) photo, and shows a man in a uniform in a coffin.  I had requested help from a military website and the responder (a Norwegian doctor) said that he suspected the uniform was from a home guard, or state militia, in the United States.  I am very unfamiliar with uniforms, but I don't think the uniform looks like the US, even in 1915.  The hat has the lettering "G.R.E. 13" and there is also a very elaborate sword.

Does the "G.R.E." 13 make any sense to you?  I would be happy to show the photo to you, if that would help.

Mary Jo Houck

Citat fra: Hanne Bjørn Dato 29 Aug 2011 - 17:12
I can see I was wrong.
Grønbæk and Svostrup parishes must have  had the same minister so Johan Peter Jensen was in Svostrup parish from may 1858 to nov. 1858.
I am not sure where he came from I read Skorup but maybe that is wrong.
It is Svostrup op 144 he is no 11.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Hanne,
What does the mark to in the right column mean on Svostrup op144?  I am (I think!) attaching an image.

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Hanne Bjørn

Tyende=servant
I am not sure about he stayed at Grauballegaard a big farm like the one over him.
I have been working getting the pictures from my phone to the PC but I could not do it. Now I have forward the pictures to my son and hope he can send them to my E-mail.
Have you found his birth at den kongelige fødselsstiftelse?
I found a Johan Peter in the census 1840 in Copenhagen he was fosterchild.
regards
Hanne

Hanne Bjørn

I have read in my little book about lægsruller(military papers). After 1861 it was decided all things should be changed, There should still be incomming books but new writings books should be after 11 year. So the book where I found Johan Peter must be the last he was in. So it is therefore all information about him also after 1860 is there. But I did not notice something about his serving 1864 but it must be there. I would like to have the picture from my phone over on my PC. But my phone will not works with the Bluetooth as it has done earlier  >:(
I will be in Copenhagen sept. 15 so I will se about I can get into LAK and look in the book and bring my camera.
In an other book I looked for 11 bat and if I understand it right that was in Aalborg and that was also what I saw in Viborg that he was changed to Aalborg.
regards
Hanne

Hanne Bjørn

I will try about I can put in the picture from the soldier papers (lægsrullen) 1858 Lemming parish, Viborg county.
Johan must first be in 9.Battalion(Ribe?) and so he was change to 11. battalion(AAlborg)
Since the picture is from a film reader and taken with my phone it is not so good.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Jane C

Mary Jo Houck

That IS amazing, Hanne!  Thank you so much!  It is wonderful to see the actual document.  Your help has been most appreciated!

Mary Jo Houck

I have found Johan Peter in the Fødselssteftelsen, at opslag 289, and also tracked him as he moved.
1858 - arrived Svostrup, op 144
1858 - left Svostrup, op 174
1858 - arrived Lemming, op 107
1860 - left Lemming, op 123
1860 - arrived Svostrup, op 249
1863 - left Svostrup, op 286
1863 - arrived Lemming, op 112
1864 - left Lemming, op 139
1864 - arrived Gødvad, op 70
1868 - left Gødvad, op 122
1868 - arrived Funder, op 138
Thank you for pointing me in this direction.  You are right, as it is very difficult to read the town he left in 1858 to arrive at Svostrup.  I had thought perhaps that it was Skævinge or Skårup, but have checked those and did not see him.  And I've tried lots of other options!

Hanne Bjørn

This boy 1840 could be your Johan Peter.

Samtlige personer i husstanden

kbhv, København (Staden), Gammel Mønt, Gammel Myndt, huset no 164 2den sal, 165, FT-1840, D2280
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
Hans Christian Ferdinand Petersen 27  Gift  skomagermester 
Frederikke Katrine Mahr 32  Gift  hans kone 
Hendriette Karoline 2  Ugift  deres pleiedatter for betaling 
Johan Peter 4   Ugift  deres søn for betaling

I cannot find this family in 1845.
Regards
Hanne

Lissa Pedersen

Hi,

The family is here in 1850, but without Johan Peter:

kbhv, København (Staden), Sankt Annæ Vester Kvarter, Prinsensgade, , Prinsensgade 377 & 378, stueetagen, 630, FT-1850
Christian Ferdinand Pedersen 37  Gift  skomagermester, huusfader Kjøbenhavn
Frederikke Mahr 40  Gift  hans kone ditto
Peder Emil Pedersen 9  Ugift  hans børn ditto
Johan Ferd. Christensen 28  Ugift  skomager, spiser hos Pedersen Roeskilde

Lissa

Hanne Bjørn

So it is them 1845 also without Johan Peter

kbhv, København (Staden), Købmager Kvarter, Gammelmønt 167, 2. Sal, 991, FT-1845, C3428
Navn: Alder: Civilstand: Stilling i husstanden: Erhverv: Fødested:
H. C. F. Petersen 32  Gift  Skomagermester Kjøbenhavn
F. C. Petersen 35  Gift  Kone Frederiksværk
Peter Emil Holm 4  Ugift  Pleiebarn Kjøbenhavn
Poul Nielsen 27  Ugift  Logernde, Skrædersvend Odense
regards
Hanne

Hanne Bjørn

I have looked on Rigsarkivet in the udsætterprotokol from 1836. Johan Peter was given to the mother Caroline Christine Oldrup. In the sencus 1840 and 1845 there is a lady with that name she is servent. 22.sept. 1840 she got a girl Petrine Caroline also on Den kongelige fødselsstiftelse. I have made some pictures I will put up when I am back in Jutland. Hope I also get some more soldier information on him on LAK thursday.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Jane C

There's a Caroline Kirstine Oldrup born 14 October 1811 and baptised 30 October 1811 Garnison, København, København, Denmark, with father Niels Oldrup and mother Johanne Larsdatter.

This fits with the Caroline found by the amazing Hanne.

1840 census
København, København (Staden), Christianshavn Kvarter, Strandgade, Gaarden No 46, 1. sal, 2, FT-1840, C9569

Johan Christian von Osten, Cancelliraad, Birkedommer og Birkskriver m.v. i Amager Birk
Maria Magdalene von Osten, his wife
Caroline Oldrup, 30, unmarried, Tjenestepige/Servant

Hanne Bjørn

Maybe this is Johan Peter together with the man caroline Christine Oldrup married july 2, 1847 in Trinitatis church.

kbhv, København (Staden), Rosenborg Kvarter, St. Giertrud Stræde No. 210, 1. Bagsal, 1331 F2, FT-1845, C3146
Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
Hans Andersen   44    Gift      Arbeidsmand   Skulleløv, Osted Sogn, Frederiksborg Amt
Kirstine Larsdatter   44    Gift      hans Kone   Skulleløv, Osted Sogn, Frederiksborg Amt
Johan Frederik Jensen   40    Ugift      Arbeidsmand, Logerende   Mukkerhuset, Jydstrup Sogn, Sorøe Amt
Peter Johan Thalkein Jensen   8    Ugift      hans Søn   Kbhn
Regards
Hanne