Hans Kofoed and Ellen Jensen

Startet af Linda Michelle Thérèsa de Bodt Rosenland, 05 Feb 2023 - 16:32

Forrige emne - Næste emne
Hello,

I am trying to find Hans Kofoed who married Ellen Jensen in Bornholm, Denmark sometime between 1930-1937.  Their daughter Grethe was born around 1937 and died in 1996 (see attached obituary).

I thought I might be making progress when I found a Kristian Hans Kofoed living on the same farm as an Ellen Marie Kirstine Falk in the 1930 Census for Klemensker but that was probably a long shot and her surname is also a long shot.  I have tried searching the 1930-1940 birth records in Østerlarsker, Rø and Klemensker as these 3 seemed to be common parishes with a "Hans Kofoed" but I could not find Hans Kofoed or Ellen Jensen anywhere.

Any ideas of where to look next?  Kofoed is such a popular surname in Bornholm it is like looking through a needle in a haystack.

Britta Hansen

Might be this child in Allinge Parish #1

The parents married on 9 Dec 1938

GENI tree
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

britta.hansen12@gmail.com

Bente Wanning

I am almost 100% sure that I have found a sister to Grethe called Jytte.

I will send you a private message with a link

Venlig hilsen
Bente Wanning 
Hjørring amt <Skæve<Voer<Astrup<Åsted sogne
Hals Arkiv 9370
Medlem af DS Danmark -

Thank you so much Britta! I was beginning to pull my hair out!

Thanks a lot Bente! Got it!  Wow, I knew if I asked here someone would find something!

Hi again, Britta.

Should I assume that the couple did not marry in the parish church and that is why the record is different from what I am used to seeing?

Bente Wanning

Hi,
The couple was married at the mayors office at the town hall . It is called a civil marriage.

In church it is called a church wedding.

/Bente
Venlig hilsen
Bente Wanning 
Hjørring amt <Skæve<Voer<Astrup<Åsted sogne
Hals Arkiv 9370
Medlem af DS Danmark -