Lars Jørgensen

Startet af Art Berggreen, 13 Jul 2022 - 04:57

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Art Berggreen

I'm fairly certain that I've found the baptismal record for the Lars Jørgensen that I'm looking for.  Born to Jørgen Larsen Steen in 1778 in Tanderup parish, Baag, Odense.  Myheritage indexes this baptism as 18 Oct 1778.  I am wondering if this is correct, and if so how that date was determined.
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17138579#181637,30839176

Also, in his death record 26 Oct 1841 in Barløse parish, is the "+" symbol after his father's name an indication of death with a location and year 1816?  If so, can someone decipher the location?
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=22045316#454527,81428234

Thanks for any help,
Art

Inge Olesen

Venlig hilsen
Inge Olesen

Inge Hedal

Lars Jørgensen was born in Tanderup parish:
www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17138579#181637,30839176
His father's name was Jørgen Steen, and they lived in Haare.

His father died in Ørslev in 1816:
www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=458453#458453,81773063

Odense, Vends, Ørslev, Ørslev Bye, , , FT-1787, C4844
Navn:    Alder:    Status:    Stilling i familien:    Erhverv:    Fødested:
(...)
Jørgen Steen     40     Gift     Hosbond     Muurmester      
Karen Henriksd.     30     Gift     Madmoder           
Lars Jørgensen     8          Søn           
Jørgen Jørgensen     5          Søn           
Elsebeth Jørgensd.     3          Datter           
Lars Jørgensen     64     Enkemand     tilhuuse     vanfør og lev. af Almisse    
(...)

Inge

Art Berggreen

Thank you Inge!

Regarding the baptism date, I read the record as 18th ditto, which I believe indicates the same month as the records above his.  But the only previous date I can decode appears to be 23 Jun (1778) on the previous page.  I expect that there is a church holiday referenced that would have been in October, somewhere before Lars entry.  I've found enough wrong information duplicated on the web that I try to validate things as much as I can before I copy it.

Also after getting the death information for his father, that seems to confirm the the "+" (probably a cross) was a note in Lars death record about the earlier death of his father Jørgen.  I am familiar with this notation added to the birth records of children which died very young.

Art

Inge Hedal

Here 18 ditto means the 18th Sunday after Trinity.
If you go to the top of the column, you find 6te Sønd. efter Tt. = the 6th Sunday after Trinity.
So the "ditto" refers to "Sunday after Trinity".

18th Sunday after Trinity 1778 was the 18th of October.
Dansk kalender (år 1500 - år 2099) (rmadsen.dk)

Inge

Art Berggreen

Thanks Inge!

That all makes sense now.  I am used to notations of the form 18 past Trinity.  This might be the first time I've seen ditto used for Sundays past a major church date.

Art

Inge Hedal