AO Status?

Startet af Art Berggreen, 06 Jul 2022 - 19:24

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Art Berggreen

Is anyone else currently having problems with Arkivalier Online?  The lookup page for Amt and Parish loads fine, but the the actual image display is failing.

Art

Hans Chr. Baagøe

The error is known by sa.dk

The Status page shows the error (in danish):
https://www.sa.dk/da/om-rigsarkivet/driftsinformation/

The mainpage sa.dk has also been down several times today.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Art Berggreen

Hans Chr., thank you for the update.  I at least know that the problem is at the server and not on my end, and that they are aware and working on it.  I'll just have to be patient.  cool)

Art

Art Berggreen

AO seems to be working again, but for me only the Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers will work.  Is there anyone who can currently access AO using Mozilla Firefox?

Art

Hans Chr. Baagøe

You can reduce security in Firefox to the same level as for Edge and Chrome by using the Config Page in Firefox:

1. Write about:config in adress field and accept the warning
2  Search for in the Search field: security.mixed_content.upgrade_display_content
3. double click on the option, then it shifts from "false" to "true". You can now access the scannings in Firefox

More information about the security:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Mixed_content

When security is enabled on AO, it is recommended to revert the setting in Firefox.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Art Berggreen

Hans Chr., thanks for the information!  As a former (20+ years ago) high tech developer I should have suspected a web security issue.  But being a very long term user of Firefox and not noticing any other recent usage problem I just did not consider that it was a Firefox security setting. :(  It is now working as before.  :)

Art

Hans Chr. Baagøe

It was an other researcher, who found the solution, how to avoid the errormessage in Firefox.

He has now found a better one, see the copy of the screendump:
https://forum.slaegt.dk/index.php/topic,183516.msg960184.html#new

Both solutions gives a warning in Firefox, but I guess, that the new one gives a little more security.

You can see the warnings, after selected a scanned record, if you press F12 and selects "Console" in Firefox.

AO knows the errormessages with the blocked pages, because I have send a copy to them 2 days ago.

Hans Chr. Baagøe

Art Berggreen

Thanks again Hans Chr.!

When I have some time, I'll try to read the link you gave with the help of Google Translate.

Art

John Damm Sørensen

Citat fra: Art Berggreen Dato 12 Jul 2022 - 17:58
Hans Chr., thanks for the information!  As a former (20+ years ago) high tech developer I should have suspected a web security issue.  But being a very long term user of Firefox and not noticing any other recent usage problem I just did not consider that it was a Firefox security setting. :(  It is now working as before.  :)

Art
It is actually not a Firefox security issue.

The problem is that the hosting provider has messed up their servers so that they redirect from HTTPS to HTTP. With the config change Firefox detects this insecure server configuration and forces the redirected HTTP connection to be accessed using HTTPS.

Best
john

Art Berggreen

Thanks John,

It looks like the AO server has (or introduced) an issue with sending data over an insecure connection following the request over a secure connection.  Under the default configuration, Firefox is being strict and rejecting this.  It is good to know that Firefox can force the data to be delivered over a secure connection rather than allowing mixed sessions.

Art

Hans Chr. Baagøe

AO has now made it possible to use Firefox and Safari browsers with their standard settings.

Hans Chr. Baagøe