Interpretation of Divorce Record (1882)

Startet af Julia Graham, 28 Jun 2022 - 06:33

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Julia Graham

Is anyone up for a challenge with interpreting a divorce record from 1882?

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/billedviser?bsid=258413#258413,48192690

I do apologise in advance for the length of the document (it starts on the lower, right hand page and continues over onto the next two pages). The names of the divorcing spouses are Alma Monrad and Lauritz Hermansen. I don't expect anyone to interpret the whole document word for word, but if the main points of the document could be translated, that would be fantastic! I am also really interested to know what the ja! and nei! answers are in relation to.

Many thanks.  :)
Venlig hilsen, Julia

New Zealand

Ole Westermann

Hi Julia

The ja/nei (yes/no) are answers to notmentioned questions, but I think they relate to when Lauritz had been seen together with Alma.
The essential text is at page 415a, where Alma explains - my summary:
Alma Margrethe Hermansen, born Monrad, got married in July 1875 to Lauritz Hemansen (or Lauritz Hermenn Frobøsse) and lived with him until spring 1877, when he went home to his parents in Almind. Then he sometimes returned  a few times, until he finally left her in May 1878. Some days later she received a letter from him, written in Hamburg, in which he told, that he would travel to Australia.The letter she had destroyed, so she could not show it in court. She did not know any reason for him to leave her, and she had not allowed him to travel. He just told, that he would travel and that she would never see him or hear from him again.

Best regards
Ole

Ole Westermann

A few typing errors:  Lauritz Hemansen (or Lauritz Hermenn Frobøsse) → Lauritz Hermansen (or Lauritz Hermann Frobøsse)

Julia Graham

That is SO helpful! Thanks for taking the time to have a read through the document — I really do appreciate it.  :)
Venlig hilsen, Julia

New Zealand