Trying to locate Holmgaard, Thisted and the parish it associates with

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 18 Maj 2022 - 16:59

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I have located the Birth entry for one of my 5th great grandaunts. It is in the 1696-1787 Sønderhå-Høsted, Hassing, Thisted Parish Register img 44, 3rd entry from the top of the right hand page https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1701/churchbook/source23918/opslag4844139

From an early FamilySearch entry it is indicated that she, Dorethe Nielsdatter married a Peter Pedersen on 7 February 1732 at Holmgaard, Thisted.

I am trying to locate Holmgaard, Thisted so that I can determine which Parish registers to review to attempt to document and verify the marriage.

Any insight as to where Holmgaard, Thisted is located would be appreciated.

I am not sure if Holmgaard, Thisted is valid. Is there a location/document one can review that identifies and locates estates?

Thank you for any help.
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Lynn Christiansen

Citat fra: Lynn Christiansen Dato 18 Maj 2022 - 16:59
I have located the Birth entry for one of my 5th great grandaunts. It is in the 1696-1787 Sønderhå-Høsted, Hassing, Thisted Parish Register img 44, 3rd entry from the top of the right hand page https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn1701/churchbook/source23918/opslag4844139

From an early FamilySearch entry it is indicated that she, Dorethe Nielsdatter married a Peter Pedersen on 7 February 1732 at Holmgaard, Thisted.

I am trying to locate Holmgaard, Thisted so that I can determine which Parish registers to review to attempt to document and verify the marriage.

Any insight as to where Holmgaard, Thisted is located would be appreciated.

RIN 10539

I am not sure if Holmgaard, Thisted is valid. Is there a location/document one can review that identifies and locates estates?

Thank you for any help.

Britta Hansen

Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

britta.hansen12@gmail.com

Lis Helleberg

Dear Lynn,

My suggestion is Holmegårde close to Ydby (which again is pretty close to Hassing).
http://www.ydbythy.dk/Omtale.html (this link is unfortunately only in Danish, but there is a description of Homegaarde where there among other things also was a watermill)

Best
Lis
Area of interest: Thy, especially Vang, Thisted, Hillerslev, Hundborg

Britta Hansen

Further Holmegaard/Holmegaarde

Holmegård   Vester Torup   Vester Han   Thisted
Holmegårde   Øster Vandet   Hillerslev           Thisted   
Venlig hilsen
Britta Hansen

britta.hansen12@gmail.com

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you for the feedback. I have found noting thus far in any of the suggestions.

I do not find the entries for the year 1732 in the Øster Vandet Parish registers although the title indicates the year is covered. One register indicates Marriage coverage through 1731 and the next register says it starts with 1732. One ends in 1731 and the next begins with 1733. No Coverage of 1732, my year of interest.

Continue my search. Thanks.....

Jørgen Bak Andersen

An Peder Pedersen is born in Helligsø parish 1708. His parents is Peder Andersen and Maren Andersdatter. May be this Peder Andersen is the best man for Peder Pedersen 1732 in Sønderhå.
Holmgård may not be a place but a name of farm where Peder works at the timeof his wedding.
Jørgen Bak Andersen

Hans Mikkelsen

There is a farm Holmgård in Karby parish, Morsø Sønder herred

Hans Mikkelsen

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you Hans. Now to locate the farm on a map to obtain its Geo Code.....

Bjarke Thyrrestrup

Here is their marriage:

https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=17124284#165066,27727981

As I read it:

Den 4. Decembr. [1731] havde Peder
Pedersßøn i Holmegrd i
Ydbye Sogn /: Her Synder:/
og Dorthe Nielsdaatter
i Hegelunds grd her i
Jæstrup [Lyngs Parish] Trolofvelse med
hver Andre