RASMUSSEN

Startet af DALE RASMUSSEN, 03 Aug 2011 - 04:10

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Jane C

Dale - Surely you have found him! And he must be Hans Soren Rasmussen that we were studying. Congratulations! What a kindness of the woman in Mille Lacs County - I hope you post a photo of the gravestone. I wonder why his death is registered in Wisconsin - that part does not fit with your family story, but...

Jane C

Dale - you seem more interested in your male lines of descent? Should we just concentrate on that?

To recap -

Hans Søren Rasmussen born 30 December 1862 christened 30 January 1863, Kirke-Helsinge parish, Løve herred, Holbæk amount, Denmark. Parents (alleged bachelor) Rasmus Sorensen and (unmarried girl) Ane Hansdr.

Ane Hansdr = Ane Hansdatter = Ane Hansen.

Ane Hansen is born about 1836. Parents Hans Madsen (b about 1801 in Kirke Helsinge) and Margrethe Hansdatter (b. about 1797 in Finderup, Holbæk Amt. Siblings Maren Hansen, Mads Hansen, Mette Hansen, Hans Hansen.

Rasmus Sorensen is born about 1838 in Kirke Helsinge. Father Søren Rasmussen (b. about 1810 in Kirke Helsinge). Mother Ane Hansdatter (b. about 1808 in Kirke Helsinge).

Mother to Søren Rasmussen is Kirsten Andersdatter (b. about 1879). Besides Søren she has sons Niels Rasmussen and Rasmus Rasmussen.

DALE RASMUSSEN

Do you feel confident that we have in fact the correct man?  The odds of two Hans Rasmussen's born on the same date would be great.  I hope that if I can find the obituary or marriage license it will list his middle name which would make the match complete.

You (researchers) have done excellent work tracing Jensine back to the 1500's through the Nohring and Borch lines.  It would be very interesting to see if you can follow the male side through Rasmus Sorensen and Soren Rasmussen.

Mother to Søren Rasmussen is Kirsten Andersdatter (b. about 1879). Besides Søren she has sons Niels Rasmussen and Rasmus Rasmussen. ---- Jane should this date be 1779?

Thank you again everyone for your time and help.

Dale

Jane C

Yes - indeed - it's 1779-1780 as approximate birth date for Kirsten Andersdatter, mother to Søren Rasmussen, father to Rasmus Sørensen.

1834 Census Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kirkehelsinge Bye, en Gaard, 23, FT-1834, C6486: Kirsten Andersdatter 54 widow Gaardkone (farmwife), Niels Rasmussen 28 single her son Gaardbestyrer, Rasmus Rasmussen 20 her son

1845 Census in Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kr. Helsinge Bye, Kirsten is specifically identified as Søren's mother.

So confusing the way those place names are stated backwards in the census - like saying United States, Minnesota, Mille Lacs, Princeton area, Bogus Brook.

About Hans: Yes Dale I feel confident it's the same man!

I too feel the impulse to gather more evidence to really nail it down - the way we did with Jensine via her mother and siblings.  That may not be the case for Hans, though. We can't know the true story - but the impression one gets is of a boy who does not have the strong family ties that Jensine had with her family.

With your new information perhaps an obituary could be found in a local paper in Princeton or St. Cloud - though after all it might not help. Your Mille Lacs County researcher perhaps has checked this. What a treasure you found there!!!

Anyway, with the birth date that matches (on his death record, and in the churchbook in Holbaek) and with the emigration record that matches (on the 1900 census in Minnesota with the Danish emigration record for Hans Soren), and with the middle initial S (in the 1905 census), it's enough to identify him.

Does your Mille Lacs County contact know that your great-great-great grandmother (Mette) Marie Milsted may be buried in the same place as Hans? Would be gratifying to have photos of both gravestones!

Jane C

P.S. emailed you a recap of this forum's research on Hans

DALE RASMUSSEN

There are three in the plot.  The third could be Jensine.  I'll have to wait to hear back. 
Kirsten Andersdatter was widowed.  Is it known who Soren Rasmussen's father is?

Hanne Bjørn

Søren Rasmussen´s father must be Rasmus Jensen who died 27. nov. 1820 (63) op 273.
Søren Rasmussen was bapticed feb 17, 1811 op 127 upper on right side. There is no birthday.
Rasmus Jensen must be him who was married to Maren pedersdatter in 1801.
regards
Hanne

Kirsten Tatt

Søren Rasmussen´s father must be Rasmus Jensen who died 27. nov. 1820 (63) op 273.
Søren Rasmussen was bapticed feb 17, 1811 op 127 upper on right side. There is no birthday.
Rasmus Jensen must be him who was married to Maren pedersdatter in 1801.
regards
Hanne

It says at Søren Rasmussen's baptice that Rasmus Jensen's wife is Andersdatter! ??

venlig hilsen Kirsten

Kirsten Tatt

Kirke Helsinge, Løve, Holbæk 1817-1836 - opsl 137

Søren Rasmussen confirmed in Kirke Helsinge 1825:

Parents deceased farmer Rasmus Jensen and surviving (?) wife Kirsten Andersdatter.

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kirkehelsinge Bye, , en Gaard, 23, FT-1834

Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Kirsten Andersdatter 54  Enke  Gaardkone  
Niels Rasmussen 28  Ugift  deres Børn, Gaardbestyrer  
Rasmus Rasmussen 20  Ugift  deres Børn  
Niels Christensen 16  Ugift  Tjenestefolk  
Ane Marie Petersdatter 25  Ugift  Tjenestefolk

Enke = widow

Kirsten Tatt

All persons in the household

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Dalbye Bye, , , 113, FT-1787

Anders Jensen 66  Gift Mand Gaardmand  
Margrethe Hansdatter 46  Gift Hustrue  
Ole Andersen 28  Ugift Børn af 2det Ægteskab  
Hans Andersen 13  Ugift Børn af 2det Ægteskab  
Niels Andersen 11  Ugift Børn af 2det Ægteskab  
Anne Andersdatter 17  Ugift Børn af 2det Ægteskab  
Kirsten Andersdatter 7  Ugift Børn af 2det Ægteskab  

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Dalbye, , , 9, FT-1801
Karen Mathises 64  Enke huusmoder bondekone og gaardbeboerske  
Niels Mathisen 30  Ugift hendes søn  
Jens Pedersen 23  Ugift tjenestefolk  
Peder Olsen 11  Ugift tjenestefolk  
Kirsten Andersen 20  Ugift tjenestefolk  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kirke Helsinge by, , En Gaard, 11, FT-1840

Søren Rasmussen 30  Gift  Gaardbestyrer  
Ane Hansdatter 31  Gift  Hans kone  
Rasmus Sørensen 3  Ugift  Deres barn  
Kirsten Andersdatter 61  Enke  Gaardmandsenke, lever af sin Jordlod  
Rasmus Rasmussen 26  Ugift  Hendes søn  
Peder Rasmussen 26  Ugift  Tjenestefolk  
Dorthe Hansdatter 17  Ugift  Tjenestefolk  
Niels Pedersen 21  Ugift  Tjenestefolk

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kr. Helsinge Bye, , en Gaard, 16, FT-1845
Søren Rasmussen 35  Gift  Gaardmand Her i Sognet
Ane Hansdatter 37  Gift  hans Kone Do [Her i Sognet]
Rasmus Sørensen 8  Ugift  deres Børn Do [Her i Sognet]
Hans Sørensen 5  Ugift  deres Børn Do [Her i Sognet]
Kirsten Andersdatter 66  Enke  Huusfaderens Moder, der af ham fors#rges. Do [Her i Sognet]
Rasmus Rasmussen 31  Ugift  Tjenestefolk Do [Her i Sognet]
Jens Peter Petersen 17  Ugift  Tjenestefolk Gjersløv S: H: Amt
Ane Cathrine Christiansdatter 19  Ugift  Tjenestefolk Aarbye Sogn H: Amt

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kr. Helsinge By, , 1 Gård, 27, FT-1850
Søren Rasmussen 40  Gift  Gårdmand, husfader Her i Sognet
Ane Hansdatter 42  Gift  Hans Hustru Her i Sognet
Rasmus Sørensen 13  Ugift  Deres barn Her i Sognet
Hans Sørensen 10  Ugift  Deres barn Her i Sognet
Else Christine Sørensdatter 4  Ugift  Deres barn Her i Sognet
Kirsten Andersdatter 71  Enke  Husfaderens mor Her i Sognet
Rasmus Rasmussen 36  Gift  Tjenestekarl Her i Sognet
Johanne Hansdatter 27  Gift  Hans Hustru Her i Sognet
Bertel Knudsen 25  Ugift  Tjenestefolk Her i Sognet
Christian Pedersen 19  Ugift  Tjenestefolk Drøsselbjerg, Holbæk Amt
Ane Margrethe Jensdatter 22  Ugift  Tjenestefolk Sæby Sogn, Holbæk Amt

Census 1860 - opslag 6

[vedhæfting slettet af admin]

Kirsten Tatt

Found this:

Hans Madsen aftmd i Kr.Helsinge      12 Feb 1859            pg 577
WIFE:    Margrethe ...
CH:      .. Hansen        hmd i Mullerup
        Hans Hansen      23
        Maren Hansdtr    = Peder Nielsen hmd i Tjarendal
        Ane Hansdtr      20 i Lille Frederikslund
        Mette Hansdtr    = Jens Hansen hmd i Kir.Helsinge
[Aagaard-Helsingegaard gods, Holbk; Book 1 1841-60; film 41061]

http://aurelia-clemons.dk/aagaardx.htm

Dale, do you have these links:

http://ddd.dda.dk    http://ddd.dda.dk/ddd_en.htm

http://www.sa.dk/ao/English/default.aspx

Kirsten

Hanne Bjørn

Rasmus Jensen and Kirsten Andersdatter married 1806 in Kirke Helsinge op 204 page 193.
His 1.wife Maren Pedersdatter died 1. october 1805 op 256.
regards
Hanne Bjørn

Kirsten Tatt

of course Hanne  :D

Jane C

Hurrah! I am amazed at all you have found!!

Hanne and Kirsten - what do you think of this:

Ane Hansdatter's Parents
( = grandparents to Hans Søren Rasmussen) Hans Madsen and Margrethe Hansdatter
1834 CENSUS - Ane herself is not yet born.
Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kirkehelsinge Bye, et Huus, 22, FT-1834, C6486
Hans Madsen 31 Huusmand og Dagleier - maternal grandfather to Hans Søren Rasmussen
Margrethe Hansdatter 36 his wife - maternal grandmother to Hans Søren Rasmussen
Maren Hansdatter 12 - aunt to Hans
Mads Hansen 8 - uncle to Hans
Mette Hansdatter 5 - aunt to Hans

In the 1850 CENSUS, Margrethe Hansdatter's birth place is given as Finderup, Holbæk.

1801 CENSUS - Since Margrethe Hansdatter is born in Finderup about 1798 - this could be her (the only girl of this name I found in Finderup at this time)
Holbæk, Løve, Finderup, Hønge Bÿe, , 24, FT-1801, B7658  
Hans Christensen 45 huusbonde huusmand med 4 skp jord (he has some land)
Karen Mogensdatter 33 gift hans kone
Christen Hansen 1
Anna Hansdatter 8
Karen Hansdatter 6
Mette Hansdatter 4
Margrethe Hansdatter 3

A Karen Mogensdr marries a Hans Christensen 18 nov 1792 in Gorlev,

1798 birth record - This Margrethe Hansdatter was baptised 16 Sep 1798 in Finderup, Holbæk, Denmark

This Margrethe's mother, Karen Mogensdatter, could be daughter to Mogens Gron and Maren Jacobsdr - Karen baptised 15 FEB 1769 in Finderup

DALE RASMUSSEN

Kirsten,
I had found this site http://www.sa.dk/ao/English/default.aspx, I could download but never open anything so I didn't use it.  Maybe it's because I am using a MAC?
Hanne,
When you reference a page, where are you looking?
You're all finding so much information, Thank you.

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Dale,

Hanne is referring to www.arkivalieronline.dk.

Lissa

DALE RASMUSSEN

Lissa,
I can't open any files from this site.  What do you use to open them?

Hi Dale,

Hanne is referring to www.arkivalieronline.dk.

Lissa

Kirsten Tatt

Dale,

I am not familiar with Mac - but maybe this site could be helpful to you,

http://www.slaegtogdata.dk/andet/arkivalier-online-help

Venlig hilsen Kirsten

Homer Ficken

Dale, as it will tell you here, you must have JAVA to open the images:

http://www.utilis.dk/ressourcer/ao_english_instructions.pdf

It is a free download.
Areas of interest:  Tønder county,  Brede, Daler, and Visby parishes
http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=-skow-

Jane C

Hans Christensen married Karen Mogensdr 18 nov 1792 in Gorlev, (Løve), Holbaek, Denmark.
Per Ancestry.com digital record. No other info on this site.

Reminder: Hans and Karen are likely parents to Margrethe Hansdatter. Margrethe was baptised 16 Sep 1798 in Finderup, Løve, Holbæk - as posted earlier. She married Hans Madsen and they are parents to Ane Hansdatter/Hansen. Ane is mother to Hans Søren Rasmussen.

Jane C

I'm surprised not to hear from Dale!

DALE RASMUSSEN

I'm here.
I'm still waiting on a picture of the gravestone. I was told it was large and easy to find.
I have a map showing the location of the 80 acre farm of Hans Rasmussen located north of Princeton, MN.
My contact has found entries in the local Princeton paper.
10-17-1918
"Hans Rasmussen, who formerly lived at Woodward Brook and for a short this in Princeton, died in Wisconsin on October 6 and the remains were brought here last Thursday for interment.  Rev. C. Larson officiating at the funeral.  The interment was at Oak Knoll.
Hans Rasmussen was born in Denmark on December 30, 1862, came to the United States in 1888.
He is survived by his wife and four children, who take means of sincerely thanking the kind friends who asset them in the obsequies."
10-10-1918
"Miss Marie Rasmussen has resigned her position at Allen Store and returned to her home in Milltown,
Wis."
I don't know why her home was in Milltown, but she was working in Princeton?  Anyway that led me to think maybe Hans was living there also, or visiting, or working there and this was the Wisconsin place of death.
I checked with the Polk County, WI. Register of Deeds this morning via e-mail and she was kind enough to check and they do have a record of Hans Rasmussen who died 10-6-1918.  I have to send $20.00 before I can get a non-certified copy and find out what else is on the record.
Dale

Jane C

Hi Dale - you have found out a lot!!!

But now the mystery about Hans's death deepens. It seems that sometime after the 1910 census, Mary E. Rasmussen moved to Milltown, Polk, Wisconsin, not far from her home town near Princeton, Minnesota.

Then she goes back to her home town and gets a job at Allen Store.

Mary leaves that job on 10 October 1918 and returns to Milltown. (She's about 20; she was born Marie Elenora Rasmussen, 13 April 1897, in Saint Paul, Ramsey, Minnesota, to parents Hans Rasmussen and Jensine Milsted.)

A week later, Mary's father arrives in Polk County, Wisconsin, seemingly has followed her there - and dies - allegedly a suicide.

What happened??

In the 1920 census, she is age 22, living with the family of Odin B. Jensen, as a boarder. He is a retail merchant, Danish-born (immigrated 1906), who owns a dry goods store. She boards with him and his wife and children and is a sales lady in a retail store (census doesn't say if it's Odin's store).

I don't find Mary in the 1930 census. Odin Jensen is buried at Milltown Cemetery. A Find a Grave volunteer might be able to tell if Mary E. Rasmussen is there also.

DALE RASMUSSEN

The death certificate has his name Hans S. Rasmussen, cause of death was suicide by hanging.  An interesting note is that the information provided by his wife lists the maiden name of the mother of Hans as unknown and name of father is Rasmussen. 
Has anyone found a date/place of death for the father Rasmus Sorensen in Denmark?

Hanne Bjørn

The farmer Rasmus Sørensen born 1837 got old. He is still in the sencus 1925 together with the son Niels Peder Martin his wife and newborn son op 59. FT 1930 op 39 Rasmus Sørensen is not together with the son and family. The churchbook on AO only go to 1913.
It look like the book with dead 1924 to 1933 is on LAK.
So you have to ask somebody to look it up.
Here is the information on Daisy:
Oplysning om fysisk enhed:
Arkivinstitution: Landsarkivet for Sjælland m.m.
Arkivskaber(e): Kirke Helsinge-Drøsselbjerg pastorat
Arkivserie: Kontraministerialbog for Kirke-Helsinge Sogn  1817-1955
Eksemplar: Original, Papir m.m.
Indhold fra: døde mænd 1924 Indhold til: døde mænd 1933
Indhold beskrives med: Emne, køn & år (Emne, Køn, år)
Nr: 3/309-10
Det valgte er i en fysisk enhed med etiketteksten:Arkivnummer:EC-309
Arkivskaber: Kirke Helsinge-Drøsselbjerg Pastorat
Arkivserie:Kontraministerialbog for Kirke-Helsinge Sogn
Indhold:fødte mænd 1924 - 1933 mm.
Løbenummer:3/309-10
Stregkode:8003582451
Magasinopstilling:51+Km1+1+702+10+05
Regards
Hanne Bjørn

Kirsten Tatt

Arkivalieronline has churchbooks untill 1943 - BUT they forgot the X'es!
He dies 1925 - opsl  183.

Jane C

Rasmus and Maren had at least three more children after the 1880 census:

Holbæk, Løve, Kirke Helsinge, Kirke Helsinge Sogn, Kirke Helsinge By, , 3, FT-1890, D2863
Rasmus Sørensen 52 Gift/married - Husfader/head - Gårdejer - born in Kirke Helsinge Sogn, Holbæk Amt
Maren Hansen 46 Gift - Husmoder - born in Kirke Helsinge Sogn, Holbæk Amt
Hans Christian Sørensen 19 - Ugift/unmarried - barn/their child - born in Kirke Helsinge Sogn, Holbæk Amt
Ane Kirstine Sørensen 17 - ditto
Jens Sørensen 14 - ditto
Rasmus Sørensen 12 - ditto
Mette Marie Sørensen 7 - ditto
Jens Peter M. Sørensen 5 - ditto
Niels Sørensen 2 - ditto
Ane Hansdatter 81 - Enke/widow - Aftægt - born in Kirke Helsinge Sogn, Holbæk Amt (mother to Rasmus)
Else Kirstine Sørensen 43 Ugift - pige - born in Kirke Helsinge Sogn, Holbæk Amt (she is of the right age to be Rasmus's sister Else Kirstine Sørensen)
1880 census also showed Niels Peder Sørensen (would be 15 in 1890) and Martin Sørensen (would be 11 in 1890)