Trying to find Smidts

Startet af Paul Londahl-Smidt, 30 Jul 2011 - 16:18

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I have had great luck finding living Løndahl relatives in Denmark, but have run into a brick wall with the Smidt side of my family.  What I have found so far is

Svend William Egeberg Smidt married Oda Sofie Amalie Sørensen and they had two children that I know of
  Adele Livia Xenia Smidt born in København 17 Dec 1922, Timotheus opslag 235 nr 107, confirmed Rødovre 3 Oct 1937, opslag 147 nr 8.
  Lizzie Smidt born in Rødovre 17 Nov 1929 in Rødovre, opslag 113 nr 37.

Although both Rødovre records give an address in Rødovre it seems that the 1930 Rødovre census does not give addresses.

Any help in tracing the Smidts will be greatly appreciated.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Anni Larsen

Hi Paul.
You will find the Smidt family in census 1930 Rødovre opslag 1268 family no 1.
Regards
Anni

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thanks so much Anni.  How did you find them in the censu?  Hopefully not by searching over 1200 pages.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Thanks so much Anni.  How did you find them in the census?  Hopefully not by searching over 1200 pages.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Anni Larsen

Hi.
Of course I didn´t search all 1268 opslag.
I jumped by leaps and bounds until I reached Damhusdalsvej in the coloum Bopæl 5 nov 1929 (residence 5 nov 1929).
Good luck tracing living Smidts.
Regards Anni

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Tusind tak Anni.  At least I know where they were living in 1937, the same address.  When more Rødovre church records come online perhaps I can find the marriages of the two daughters.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Paul,

I understand that you wish to find descendants, but perhaps you would like to know more about the ancestry of the family?

Svend William Egebjerg Smidt was born 21 Nov 1894 in Frederiksberg parish, opslag 54 (1894-1986), to Otto Alexander Smidt and Amalie Laurentine Emilie Egebjerg (24 yrs old). They were living at Rolfsvej 23. The couple was married in Vor Frue Svendborg 13 Sep 1892.

You will find their marriage on opslag 11 (1892-1901) Vor Frue Svendborg. They were both born in Svendborg, Otto 11 Jan 1867 and Amalie 2 Jan 1866. Their parents were (Otto): Bernhard Schmidt and Marie Pedersen and (Amalie): Søren Emil Egebjerg and Julie Caroline Jespersen.

You will find Søren Emil Egeberg with his parents and siblings in the censuses 1845, 1850 and 1855 on Strynø.

Here you will find Otto Alexander and his wife and 3 children a.o. Svend William: http://www.politietsregisterblade.dk/index.php?option=com_sfup&controller=politregisterblade&task=viewRegisterblad&id=2519287&limitstart=10

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Paul,

You will find Otto with parents in 1880 in Svendborg and his parents in 1890 also in Svendborg. Otto's father's first names was Joachim Bernhardt (1890), and in 1880 Joaccken Bernhardt. He is from Helsingborg in Sweden and his wife from Vester Skjerninge on Funen.

Lissa

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Lissa,

Thanks for the information.  I have the information on Joachim Bernhard Smidt who is my great grandfather.  He came to Denmark about 1855 and became a Danish citizen in 1903.  The Svendborg museum even found a photograph of him which was the first and only photo of him that I have.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

One further thing Lissa.  I have been able to trace the Joachim Bernhard Smidt and his male children up to 1935, but nothing newer.  I have traced them back in time.

My father kept the Løndahl-Smidt name (His father was Carl Johan Smidt and his mother Dorthe Emilie Løndahl) but my Danish cousins dropped the Smidt in 1958 so there are no Løndahl-Smidts in Denmark.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul