Finding family of EngerPedesdatter/Olsen

Startet af patricia goldsmith, 27 Jul 2011 - 17:40

Forrige emne - Næste emne

patricia goldsmith

Hi Paul, I thought Inger's Pedersdatter the daughter of Peder Bentzen
and Johanne Sophie Olesdatter???? Is this now incorretct?? fr Hornbaek Parish.
P.G.

Lissa Pedersen

Paul,

Your posting:

Frederiksborg, Holbo, Græsted, Græsted, , Et Huus, 9, FT-1834
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Ole Andersen   55    Enkemand      (Arbeidsmand,) Hmd og Parc.  
Jens Olsen   12    Ugift      en Søn  
Lars Olsen   31    Gift      Indsidder og Arbeidsmand  
Pernille Ingemandsdatter   39    Gift      hans Kone  
Karen Larsdatter   9    Ugift      Deres Børn  
Nille Larsdatter   6    Ugift      Deres Børn  
Niels Larsen   4    Ugift      Deres Børn

I found this:

frederiksborg, Holbo, Søborg, Hedsberg, , et Huus, 57, FT-1840
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Magdalene Olsdatter 74  Enke  Huusmand  
Lars Olsen 38  Gift  Inderste og Dagleier  
Pernille Ingmandsdatter 43  Gift  hans Kone  
Karen Larsdatter 14  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Nille Larsdatter 12  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Rasmus Larsen 8  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Jens Larsen 6  Ugift  Deres Børn  
Lene Marie Larsdatter 3  Ugift  Deres Børn

And here:

frederiksborg, Holbo, Søborg, Hedsberg Bye, , 1 Huus, 3, FT-1845
Name: Age: Marital status: Occupation in household: Occupation: Birth place:
Lars Olsen 42  Gift  Arbeidsmand Græsted Fbg. Amt
Pernille Ingmandsdatter 48  Gift  hans Kone Søborg
Rasmus !! 13  Ugift  Deres Børn Græsted
Jens !! 11  Ugift  Deres Børn Græsted
Lene Marie !! 7  Ugift  Deres Børn Græsted
Inger !! 4  Ugift  Deres Børn Søborg Frb. Amt

Do you think you have the right Lars Olsen?

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Sorry Paul,

Missed this (even if I agreed):

"Since there were two Lars Olsens born in Græsted in 1802-1803, we need to determine which is yours.  Since the Lars Olsen, son of Ole Andersen, was already married in 1834 (see the 1834 census for Græsted) this eliminates him.  Therefore, the Lars Olsen who is the son of Ole Olsen must be your ancestor."

Lissa

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Lissa,

In the 1837 marriage record of Inger in Tikøb it clearly says she is 28 years and born and confirmed in Søborg.  Therefor the Inger born in 1818 in Hornbæk can't be the correct one.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Paul and Patricia,

Could be that we can follow Inger's family a bit forward. I have been some censuses in Søborg. If Peder Nielsen and Bodil Catrine Andersdatter are the right parents, you will find them in 1834, 1840, 1845 and 1850. In 1860 Peder is living as a widower with his son Niels Pedersen, Niels' wife Laura Kirstine Jensdatter and their children, and in 1880 you will also find Niels and Laura Kirstine and a.o. their son Jens Peder Nielsen, who is the owner of the farm in 1890, living there with his wife Mathilde Svendsen and their 2 children.

I'm looking at some old maps and will try to find the farm. It could be that it's still there. A bit difficult to explain, but I will work on it later .. must go to bed now. Try www.maps.google.com and write "Dragstrup Søborg Danmark" and you will see the area.

Lissa

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Lissa,

Here is what I wrote earlier.  Please check the marriage record and see if I am correct.

Looking at the marriage of Lars Olsen and Inger Pedersdatter on 3 Oct 1837 in Tikøb, opslag 127 nr 54, it says that Inger was born and confirmed in Søborg, Holbo, Frederiksborg.  Her age is listed as 28, which means she was born about 1809.  The Søborg church records only start in 1816, so I looked at the confirmation records of 10 Apr 1825 and found Inger Pedersdatter, opslag 79 nr 10.  She was born on 28 Oct 1810, parents Peder Nielsen and Bodil Cathrine Andersdatter.

By the way, that should be baptized on 28 Oct 1810.  I believe her confirmation record says døbt and not født.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Paul,

I think you are right and that's why I followed this family in the censuses.

Lissa

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hej Lissa,

Since it is 3 o'clock in the morning in Denmark, it is time for you to get a good mornings sleep.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Here is Peder Nielsen in the 1787 census
All persons in the household

Frederiksborg, Lynge-Kronborg, Asminderød, Daglykke, , , 149, FT-1787
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
gl: Niels Nielsen   59    Gift   Hosbonde   Bonde og Gdb:   
Kirsten Jensdatter   38    Gift   Madmoder      
Søren Nielsen   30    Ugift   Børn af 1 Egt:      
Hans Nielsen   26    Ugift   Børn af 1 Egt:      
Jens Nielsen   17    Ugift   Børn af 2 Egt:      
Niels Nielsen   11    Ugift   Børn af 2 Egt:      
Peder Nielsen   8    Ugift   Børn af 2 Egt:      

His baptism on 1 Jun 1781 can be found in Asminderød, opslag 20.

I believe that Niels Nielsen and Kiersten Jensdatter were married on 8 Sep 1769 in Asminerød, opslag 123.

Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

ancestry has the index to Lewis Gerhardt Goldsmdt's application for a pension, but not the application.  If you don't already have it, you can order it from this site http://www.archives.gov/forms/pdf/natf-85.pdf.  I think that it would be well worth the cost.  I would also order the one for his wife.

Paul

Verner Bentsen

Hi Patrica and others following this thread. Here is a little followup
---------------------------------------
From an ealier thread:
Patricia; in an earlier thread, june 06 2007 11:27 PM, Lisa Petersen wrote:
A copy of his death certificate says he was born in Denmark and his father's name was George Goldsmith.  is that correct ?
---------------------------------
Hans Larsens confirmed:
København, Sokkelund, Vor Frue 1829-1868, opslag 80
Navn (Name): Hans Larsen
Forældre (Parents): Husmand i Tikøb pr. Fredensborg Lars Olsen og hustru Inger Pedersdatter, Nørrebro 13. (Smallholder in Tikøb at Fredensborg Lars Olsen and wife Inger Pedersdatter. Address: Nørrebro 13 (a street in Copenhagen)
Født (Born) 28th of September 1839.
Vaccinated by Klingenberg 15th. of August 1840
----------------------------------
Levying roll:
Hans Larsen (father Lars Olsen)1853 recorded in the levying roll. Address Nørrebro 13 ( same address when confirmed). Place of birth Gurre Overdrev ( a place in Tikøb).
In 1854: Hans could not be found and he was wanted by the military authorities. He had to pay a penalty in 1855.
Next address: 11. dec 1855. Borgergade 95. Living with his stepfather Jens Nielsen( is Hans's mother Inger married , dead or ??)
Next address: 23. may 1856: Øster Fælled 28
Next address: 8. aug. 1857: Nørrebro Fælledvej 7G or 79. I think it is 7G, but not sure.
Next address: 29. sep. 1858: Borgergade 121
Next address: 11. apr. 1859: Guldbergsgade 68.
1859:  Hans is transferred to another lægd ( parish ) outside Copenhagen, called Taarnby.
He was wanted  from 1861 to 1867. In 1867 they gave up, and he was deleted from the roll.
-----------------------
In FT 1855 Frederiksborg, Helsingør Købstad, you can find Hans Larsen 16, Place of birth : Gurrehuset" In Tikøb parish..
Maybe he went to Helsingør, and could not be found  in levying roll in 1854??
As far that I can see the only Hans Larsen born in Tikøb 1839 +- 2 yrs.

Maybe he ran away from the Danish military and "jumped" directly in the US civilian war ?

Mvh Verner

patricia goldsmith

Verner, I can't believe what I just read, could it be??????? I had herd stories as
well as did alot of my aunts, uncles and cousins, saying that he had jumped ship
to the U.S. but that would make him around 15 years of age. In Denmark did
young boys join the military at a young age, or did they make then enlist and he
decided to take off, now that his mother is remarried. Inger was a widow in 1850.
In 1850 a few blocks from where Hans (lewis) and His mother were living there was
a boy around 16 years of age named Gerhardt Goldschmidt he was born in Kiel Germany.
Could he have taken that name to change his idenity in the U.S. -- posibility. Why else
would he pick a name like Goldschmidt?  The question that has been on everyones mind
in my family for years why he left Denmark at such a young age and the changing of his
name. The printout of the recs I got fr familyresearch.org of Latter Day Saints says Hans
Larsen born on Sept 28th 1839 to Lars Olsen and Inger Pedersdatter - Ingers parents were
listed as Peder Bentzen and her mother was Johanne Sophie Olesdatter.  I also printed out
Ole Henrick he was baptised the same day the Lars and Inger were married in 1837 in Tikob.
they also had another son named Niels who died in 1841. Are we getting closer to the
mystery of my family? Many Many Thanks, Patricia

patricia goldsmith

Verner on the Hans (lewis ) death certif, his wife Annie just put in the
name George, she states in the second piece of paper that came with
the death certif, she did not know his parents names. Paul I already have
a copy of his US Military Pension File. Same birth Day & Parents names.
And many letters his wife Annie wrote to the U.S. government to continue
sending his pension money etc-. Paul so you were a Long Islander, I work in
Garden City near the Roosevelt Field Shopping Mall on L.I. But I live in the Bronx in the
Throgs Neck section on the L.I. sound. I guess you don't miss the cold winters and
the busy lifestyle of NY. The Carolinas are beautiful.  much appreciation, Patricia

patricia goldsmith

Verner, I looked at the recs I have of Hans & Ole Henricks Baptism and it
says that the God Parents last name was Nielsen, it is very hard to read it
is in script writing , maybe Inger married one of the Nielsen men. And that
is how Mr. Nielsen became Hans stepfather. Just a guess.  P.G.

patricia goldsmith

Verner, you asked if Hans mother was dead, in 1850 she was a widow living in
Kobenhavn,(staden) Norre Kvater, Norre Kvater 111, Teglgaardsstraede 198 with
Hans 11 years old. On the family baptism recs I have , it says and I guess they were
Inger's husband Lars friends, or hers,  that the God Parents last name was Nielsen, could it be
that  Inger after Lars death she married Jens Nielsen, who became Hans's step father.
In 1855 when the military was looking for Hans he was 16 and that would make his birth
1839. Is this a good possibility ?  The address of Inger and Hans I received fr the
Dane NorthEast in N.J. they do research also for people searching for the Danish roots.
mvh, Patricia