Finding family of EngerPedesdatter/Olsen

Startet af patricia goldsmith, 27 Jul 2011 - 17:40

Forrige emne - Næste emne

patricia goldsmith

Hi my name is Patricia Larsen Goldsmith and I have been searching for my family
for the last four years and I have found my Great G. Grandmother Enger Pederdatter
she was baptished in 1818, Her parents were Peder Bentsen and Johanne Sophie Olsdatter.
her siblings were Ole Pedersen born in 1815, Marie Pedersdatter born in 1820
Christian Pedersen born 1821, Jens Peter Pedersen born in 1823.
it also states all the above children--- (konf. 1830 thru--1838. They belonged to
Hornbaek Parish. Enger Pedersdatter married Lars Olsen in 1837 in Tikob had 3 children
Ole Henrick Larsen , Hans Larsen, and Niels Larsen.  Hans Larsen is my G.Grandfather
in America he changed his name to Lewis Gerhardt Goldschmidt why? we do not know.
I am planning my first trip to Denmark in the late fall, and I would love to see where my
family came from, and to find someone who my be a descendant from the people I have
listed. Ole & Niels died as small children, Enger became a widow around 1846-1850.
she might have remarried she was only 34 when her husband Lars Olsen died.
I HOPE someone can help me locate any one that might be related to this family.
Many Thanks, Patricia fr NY USA 

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

First off, it is Inger Pedersdatter and not Enger.

Here is your family in the 1845 census
All persons in the household

Frederiksborg, Lynge-Kronborg, Helsingør Købstad, , , Nr. 280 og 281 Bjergegaden, 412 F7, FT-1845
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Lars Olsen   40    Gift      Arbejdsmand.   Pårup.
Inger Bentzen   30    Gift      Hans kone. [Lars Olsen]   Græsted.
Ole Hendrik Olsen   7    Ugift      Deres barn. [Lars Olsen]   Tikøb.
Hans Olsen   6    Ugift      Deres barn. [Lars Olsen]   Tikøb.
Anders F. Kasted   2    Ugift      Plejebarn. [Hos Lars Olsen]   Tikøb.

They had a son, August William Olsen, born 23 Nov 1845 in Sankt Olai, Lynge-Kronborg, Frederksborg, opslag 37 nr 68.

Sincerely,
Paul
North Carolina

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

Looking at the marriage of Lars Olsen and Inger Pedersdatter on 3 Oct 1837 in Tikøb, opslag 127 nr 54, it says that Inger was born and confirmed in Søborg, Holbo, Frederiksborg.  Her age is listed as 28, which means she was born about 1809.  The Søborg church records only start in 1816, so I looked at the confirmation records of 10 Apr 1825 and found Inger Pedersdatter, opslag 79 nr 10.  She was born on 28 Oct 1810, parents Peder Nielsen and Bodil Cathrine Andersdatter.

Sincerely,
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

Lars Olsen was born in Græsted, Holbo, Frederiksborg and baptized on 13 Feb 1803, opslag 89 nr 8, father Ole Andersen.

Here is Lars Olsen and his father in the 1834 census.  Apparently Lars was married to Pernille Ingermandsdatter who must have died before his marriage to Inger Pedersdatter.

Frederiksborg, Holbo, Græsted, Græsted, , Et Huus, 9, FT-1834
Name:    Age:    Marital status:    Occupation in household:    Occupation:    Birth place:
Ole Andersen   55    Enkemand      (Arbeidsmand,) Hmd og Parc.   
Jens Olsen   12    Ugift      en Søn   
Lars Olsen   31    Gift      Indsidder og Arbeidsmand   
Pernille Ingemandsdatter   39    Gift      hans Kone   
Karen Larsdatter   9    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Nille Larsdatter   6    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Niels Larsen   4    Ugift      Deres Børn

And here is Ole Andersen in the 1801 census.  His wife is Karen Johnsdatter who probably is Lars Olsen's mother.

Frederiksborg, Holbo, Græsted, Alume, , , 54. Fam:, FT-1801
Ole Andersen   22    Gift   Mandens Sviger-Søn   Indsidder og Dagl:   
Karen Johnsdatter   24    Gift   hans Kone      
Ane Olsdatter   1    Ugift   Deres Datter   

Sincerely,
Paul

Flemming A. Aasklint

Hi Paul

Look at this census in 1850:

Samtlige personer i husstanden

Frederiksborg, Holbo, Søborg, Søborg, Hesbjerg By, 198,

FT-1850, C6742

Navn:    Alder:    Civilstand:    Stilling i husstanden:    Erhverv:    Fødested:

Lars Olsen      47    Gift      Husmand og daglejer   Græsted Sogn
Pernille Ingemansdatter   52    Gift      Hans Hustru   Søborg Sogn, Frb. Amt
Lene Marie Larsdatter   13    Ugift      Deres barn   Søborg Sogn, Frb. Amt
Inger Larsdatter   9    Ugift      Deres barn   Søborg Sogn, Frb. Amt
Mvh.
Flemming Aasklint
4500  Nykøbing Sjælland

Paul Londahl-Smidt

I have found Lars Olsen leaving Græsted 2 Nov 1836, opslag 497 nr 53.  It looks as if they are going to Hosberg, but I don't know where that is.  Perhaps someone else can read the record and tell me where it is.

Sincerely,
Paul

patricia goldsmith

Hi Paul, and many many thanks for helping me find my family. I have been
searching now for almost 4 years. The records I have say that Lars Olsen
married Inger Pedersdatter on Oct 3, 1837 that same day they baptised their
son Ole Henrik Larsen in Tikob. I have one record that states Lars Olsen born
Jan 31st 1804 the baptism is in Graested Maarum, Holbo Frederiksborg it states
his father might be Ole Jorgensen. Ole Henrik Larsen died on May 17th in Helsingor
Skt.Mariae. By 1850 Inger is a widow living with her son Hans Larsen , they are
now living with Lars Knudsen & Karen Hansdatter it looks like Kobenhavn
(Staden, Norre Kvarter, Norre Kvater 111 Teglgaardsstraede . I appreciate all
your help and time . Patricia

Mette R Francke

Mette R Francke

Jane C

Citat fra: patricia goldsmith Dato 27 Jul 2011 - 17:40
for the last four years and I have found my Great G. Grandmother Enger Pederdatter
she was baptished in 1818, Her parents were Peder Bentsen and Johanne Sophie Olsdatter.
it also states all the above children--- (konf. 1830 thru--1838. They belonged to
Hornbaek Parish. Enger Pedersdatter married Lars Olsen in 1837 in Tikob had 3 children
Ole Henrick Larsen , Hans Larsen, and Niels Larsen.  Hans Larsen is my G.Grandfather
in America he changed his name to Lewis Gerhardt Goldschmidt why? we do not know.
I am planning my first trip to Denmark in the late fall, and I would love to see where my
family came from, and to find someone who my be a descendant from the people I have
listed. Ole & Niels died as small children, Enger became a widow around 1846-1850.

Hi all,

Here's the family in 1840 (as shown earlier) and in 1845, I think. The Lars Olsen married to Pernille must be a different man, married to Pernille at least from 1834-1850 (note the 1850 census found by Flemming). The 1845 census says "our" Lars Olsen is born in Pårup, which is near Græsted. Inger is now using the last name Bentzen, isn't she? -- JC

1840 Frederiksborg, Lynge-Kronborg, Tikøb, Gurre Bye, Et Huus, 35, FT-1840, C4285

Lars Olsen 36 Gift Huusmand og Dagleier,  Inger Pedersdatter 27 Gift hans Kone,  Ole Hendrik Larsen 3 Ugift Deres Børn,  Hans Larsen 1 Ugift Deres Børn  

----------------------------------------------------
1845  Frederiksborg, Lynge-Kronborg, Helsingør Købstad, , Nr. 280 og 281 Bjergegaden, 412 F7, FT-1845, B2596  

Lars Olsen 40 Gift Arbejdsmand. Born in Pårup. Inger Bentzen 30 Gift Hans kone. Born in Græsted. Ole Hendrik Olsen 7 Ugift Deres barn. Born in Tikøb.  Hans Olsen 6 Ugift Deres barn. [Lars Olsen] Born in Tikøb. Anders F. Kasted 2 Ugift Plejebarn. [Hos Lars Olsen] Born in Tikøb

Jane C

Citat fra: Jane Christiansen Dato 28 Jul 2011 - 22:15
Citat fra: patricia goldsmith Dato 27 Jul 2011 - 17:40
Ole Henrick Larsen , Hans Larsen, and Niels Larsen.  Hans Larsen is my G.Grandfather

Hi all,

Here's the family in 1840, I think, and in 1845 (as shown earlier). The Lars Olsen who married Pernille Ingemannsdatter must be a different man, married to Pernille at least from 1834-1850 (note the 1850 census found by Flemming). The 1845 census says "our" Lars Olsen is born in Pårup, which is near Græsted. Inger is now using the last name Bentzen, isn't she? -- JC

1840 Frederiksborg, Lynge-Kronborg, Tikøb, Gurre Bye, Et Huus, 35, FT-1840, C4285

Lars Olsen 36 Gift Huusmand og Dagleier,  Inger Pedersdatter 27 Gift hans Kone,  Ole Hendrik Larsen 3 Ugift Deres Børn,  Hans Larsen 1 Ugift Deres Børn  

----------------------------------------------------
1845  Frederiksborg, Lynge-Kronborg, Helsingør Købstad, , Nr. 280 og 281 Bjergegaden, 412 F7, FT-1845, B2596  

Lars Olsen 40 Gift Arbejdsmand. Born in Pårup. Inger Bentzen 30 Gift Hans kone. Born in Græsted. Ole Hendrik Olsen 7 Ugift Deres barn. Born in Tikøb.  Hans Olsen 6 Ugift Deres barn. [Lars Olsen] Born in Tikøb. Anders F. Kasted 2 Ugift Plejebarn. [Hos Lars Olsen] Born in Tikøb

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

I think to properly trace your family we need what American records you have on Lewis Gerhardt Goldschmidt and how you found that his real name was Hans Larsen.  Please be specific as to names, addresses, and source (census, birth record, etc.).  I will then try to trace him back in time.

Sincerely,
Paul

patricia goldsmith

Hi Paul, most of my info I got fr R.I. Cencus & New York Cencus and I sent away for
his Pension File , he served in the Navy & the Army during the Civil War. I also got
information fr the Danish Museum in Elkhorn Iowa & Dane-North East in N.J. did
alot of research for me as well as familyresearch.org- where I printed out the records
from Denmark, and with the help of Dis-Forumdk. With the help of my cousin in R.I.
he was able to print out old newsclipping of his sea adventure -you can read it in wikipedia
type in Lewis Gerhardt Goldsmith and you can read the article in American Magazine. In
the military he served under Lewis Lawson(Larsen) then he took the name of Lewis G.
Goldsmith, There was a Gerhardt Goldsmith living near him in Denmark, but the dates
don't match. We have a family blog- On Line just put Lewis Gerhardt Goldsmith and you
can read about his family & life. All the names and dates all match up to Hans Larsen
born Sept 28th 1839.  I have printouts of all the information I listed in this message.
He died in Brooklyn New York in 1813, he was retired from the Brooklyn Navy Yard
as a Iron Moulder.   If I missed something Paul please let me know. Patricia
fo

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Would someone be kind enough to look at the Marriage of Lars Olsen and Inger Pedersdatter in Tikøb, lynge Kronborg, Frederiksborg on 3 Oct 1837, opslag 127 nr 54 and see if you can make out the information on Lars Olsen.  Mange tak.  His arrival in Tikøb can be found in the tilfange liste for 1836 opslag 144 nr 2.  Perhaps it is easier to read and has more information than the marriage record.

Med venlig hilsen
Paul

patricia goldsmith

Correction Paul, Lewis (Hans Larsen died in 1913- sorry , Patricia

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Not a problem.  I found his death in Brooklyn.  To my Danish friends please see my post two above this.  Tusind tak.

Paul

Lissa Pedersen

Hi Paul and Patricia,

I found this and have sent it to Patricia earlier:

"Took a look here (Aurelia Clemons a.o. probates): http://myweb.cableone.net/jopassey/kronbrgx.htm

and found this - if we have the right Lars Olsen, this could be his parents and him and his siblings - but NOT absolutely sure that we have the right Lars Olsen and parents:

Maren Larsdtr in Allume, Graested    17 Aug 1811     pg 23
HUSB:    Ole Olsen hmd
CH:      Peder Olsen      28
        Niels Olsen      6
        Lars Olsen       9
        Birthe Olsdtr    30
        Margrethe Olsdtr 22
        Karen Olsdtr     12
by: Peder Olsen
[Kronborg amtstuedistrikt Reg.protokol-Graested sogn; Book 27 1805-1856; film 48480]

Ole Olsen hmd in Alume, Graested     29 May 1815     pg 46
CH:      Peder Olsen      30 (surnames assumed)         Niels Olsen      21
        Lars Olsen       13         Birthe Olsdtr    36
        Margrethe Olsdtr 26         Karen Olsdtr     17
[Kronborg amtstuedistrikt Reg.protokol-Graested sogn; Book 27 1805-1856; film 48480]"

Lissa

PS: Reference is made to Patricia's ealier posting: http://www.slaegtogdata.dk/forum/index.php/topic,5009.0.html

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Lissa and Patricia,

I think Lissa has found the right family.  Here they are in the 1801 census but it should be Maren Larsdatter and not Maren Andersdatter

Frederiksborg, Holbo, Græsted, Alume, , , 47. Fam:, FT-1801
Ole Olsen   44    Gift   Mand   Huusmand med Jord og Dagl:   
Maren Andersdatter   46    Gift   hans Kone      
Margrethe Olsdatter   11    Ugift   Deres Datter      
Lars Olsen   3    Ugift   Deres Søn   

and in the 1787 census

Frederiksborg, Holbo, Græsted, Alme, , , 97, FT-1787
Ole Olsen   29    gift   Husbonde   Husmand, geworbene soldat   
Maren Larsdatter   32    gift   Madmoder      
Birthe Olsdatter   5    ugift   Barn      
Peder Olsen   3    ugift   Barn   

Ole Olsen was engaged to Maren Larsdatter in Græsted on 9 May 1782, opslag 18 and married in Græsted on 7 Oct 1782, opslag 19 nr 3.

Lars Olsen was baptized in Græsted on 13 Jun 1802, opslag 88 nr 2.  I believe he was the third son with the name of Lars and the other two died at an early age.

Sincerely,
Paul

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

Since there were two Lars Olsens born in Græsted in 1802-1803, we need to determine which is yours.  Since the Lars Olsen, son of Ole Andersen, was already married in 1834 (see the 1834 census for Græsted) this eliminates him.  Therefore, the Lars Olsen who is the son of Ole Olsen must be your ancestor.

Do you agree Lissa.

Sincerely,
Paul

patricia goldsmith

Paul & Lissa,  I believe you both have the right family, Inger named her
first son Ole & her third son Niels these seem to be family names. I was so
happy to read this message this morning. I have no idea how one would go
about finding living descendants of the Olsen, Larsen families. If this can't be
done, I am just so thrilled to have found my family, it took a long time, and I
can't thank you Paul & Lissa and everyone else on dis-forum, I can pass this
news to all the cousins. Paul does it list where their addresses were or the
church they belong to, I can visit them when I visit Denmark in Oct.  With  much
appreciation , Patricia 

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

The only address we have is Bjergegaden 280 and 281, Helsingør from the 1845 census.  This website has photos of all the churches associated with your family.  http://www.danmarks-kirker.dk/alfabetisk_alle.htm.

Enjoy-

Paul

Lissa Pedersen

Hi,

Yes, Paul I agree.

August William Olsen died 13 May 1846 of convulsions.

Lissa

Lissa Pedersen

Patricia,

Could you please confirm that you know for sure that Hans Larsen = Lewis Gerhardt Goldschmidt.

Wheres does the name Gerhardt come from - do you know that?

Best regards Lissa

Verner Bentsen

Hi Patricia

I would like to see your confirmation as well.

Best regards Verner

patricia goldsmith

Lisa & Verna a very good Question , we have no Idea why he pick or changed his
name to Goldsmith. I just knew all my life it was not our true last name, we were
all christians and Goldsmiths are mostly fr a Jewish background. When I found his
marriage Certif he states he was born in Sept 28th 1839 in Copenhagan Denmark
and his parents were Lars & Inger. So I started to research on my own, I tested my
brother Bill who looks just like Hans (Lewis) his DNA testing came back mostly of
the Nordic countries , Germany and England & Parts of the Orkley Islands of Scottland.
In the Civil War he served on Lawson which is more the English version of Larsen.
I have some research done with the Danish Museum and they came up with information
on his cast name , and they believed his was Larsen or Lauritsen. So with his Birthdate of
being Sept 28, 1839 I work with the birth of date and his mother and fathers name started
to put the names and dates to gether and what i could find on the R.I. and NY cencus
it all said the same born in Denmark to a Lars & Inger all the dates added up to back to
his birth date. He served in the Military under Lawson/Larsen, back then they gave all
the scandinavian people changed names, like Johanson to Johnson  and Nielsen to
Nelson,Hans always comes back to Sept28, 1839 with Inge & Lars as his parents.
Nelson. I believe the military spelled his last name wrong. Maybe he wanted a new idenity
in America. Dates all match up to his death date in 1913. Ihope this was helpful. Patrica

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

I found a Lewis Lawson living at 209 Codding, Providence, Rhode Island in 1866.  Can you send me a scan of Lewis Gerhardt Goldsmith's marriage certificate.  My e-mail address is PLondahlsmid@lexcominc.net.  I will then forward it to Lissa and Verner.

Sincerely,
Paul

patricia goldsmith

Verner, There were a few Goldsmiths in the Civil War one was on Hans' traing boat,
The government promised him a medal for his outstanding service on getting
amunition over the enemy lines of the 4 volunteers, Hans was the only man who did
not drop out, but was denied his medal and promotion, he was young and maybe
his english not so good. We think that maybe it was a friend doing his military service
who died in battle, Hans was what we call today a Navy Seal. He was in one of the
worst sea battles of the Civil War. Being an Iron Moulder it could have been a trade
name he took. I did research on Gerhardt Goldsmith in Denmark , he was born in
Kiel Germany and immagrated to Denmark and worked a few blooks fr Hans (lewis)
The mystery of the Goldsmith last name , we are still trying to find why he changed it.
But I did the math and all the dates come back to the young may Hans Larsen.
Also , I have cousin who we just found for the first time has some documents of his parents
being Lars & Inger.  So it looks like our Dane likes to change his name abit.  Is there
anything else I could answer. I have so many documents on his life , his show business
family and his inventions. & not to metion his circus children. I tried to find a Goldsmith
But I could not find any Goldsmith's that match his birth and parents   p.s. Verner
you have been helping me for the last 3 years. warmest appreciation,  Patricia

i

patricia goldsmith

Paul , I am going into NYC next Saturday, the micro films on his marriage certif
and his 4 children just arrived I have to make an apt to print them out , and then
I will send them to you. Question Paul, I went into V-Pike Denmark to look up
the street address and I found 28-a & 28-B Bjerdedaden Helsingor, and 2 attached
houses came up. Could these be the two older homes  that Lars family could have
lived in at one time? They were in very good condition, and a lovely street. P.G.

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

Enjoy your trip to New York City.  I was born in Queens and lived on Long Island for 31 years.  I can't say I miss it.

I have found that the street numbers in Denmark changed in the late 1800s.  Perhaps those are the houses that Lars Olsen and family lived in.  It would take a greater expert than me to know for sure.

I look forward to seeing the marriage certificate. 

Sincerely,
Paul
North Carolina

Paul Londahl-Smidt

Hi Patricia,

Here is Inger Pedersen and family in the 1834 census

Frederiksborg, Holbo, Søborg, Søborg Skoledistrict, , Dragstrup Bye, en Gaard, 72, FT-1834
Peder Nielsen   54    Gift      Gaardmand   
Bodil Catrine Andersdatter   45    Gift      hans Kone   
Anders Pedersen   26    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Niels Pedersen   16    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Inger Pedersdatter   24    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Maren Pedersdatter   22    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Marie Pedersdatter   15    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Johanne Pedersdatter   13    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Ane Pedersdatter   12    Ugift      Deres Børn   
Karen Pedersdatter   6    Ugift      Deres Børn   

More information to follow later.

Paul