Need translation to English of baptism - last entry at bottom of right column

Startet af Claude Anders Hanson, 22 Sep 2021 - 20:47

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Claude Anders Hanson

https://www.danishfamilysearch.com/sogn346/churchbook/source139115/opslag15246689
Could someone translate this entire entry?  I'm looking for the parents of Woldborg Chrestensdatter and I think they are:  Kristian Jensen and Marie Dorthe Wollesdatter; however, when I try to read the entry, the only word I can find that I know is Woldborg.  I'm also very interested in the names of those attending the ceremony.  I'm really trying to find if Woldborg has a brother named Hans Christensen.  I know I need a lot of help; however, you should know that I really appreciate it.   Claude

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Hi Claude

You are writing Kristian Jensen - but his name should be Christen Jensen (Xten = Christen).

And see again what Ole Westermann is writing about Christen Jensen in your question here:

https://forum.slaegt.dk/index.php/topic,142660.0.html

And right - you will have to find Hans Christensen's birth (if he is a brother to Woldborg) to find out, that it is from Woldborg's family, that the surname "Juul" comes from.

I'm trying to read the text, but ...

Toftlund 1757, opslag/page 59

Den 10. august født og den 14. samme måned, 10. trinitatis, Xten (= Christen) Jensens datter døbt Woldborg.

Christine Pauls, Ann Matzes (?), Maren Hanses, Giesten Hansdatter ... (ulæseligt), Ellen Jesses, Karen ... (ulæseligt), Giesten Hanses (?), Catrin  ... (ulæseligt) Hanne (?) Christensdatter, Ann Fedders af ... (ulæseligt), Hans Bertelsen, Hans Jensen (?), Peiter Xtensen (= Christensen), Nis ... (ulæseligt), Hans ... (ulæseligt) .... (ulæseligt), Martin Hansen, Nils ... (ulæseligt), Marcor ... (ulæseligt).

With google translate:

Born August 10th and 14th same month, 10th trinitatis, Xten (= Christen) Jensen's daughter christened Woldborg.

Christine Pauls, Ann Matzes (?), Maren Hanses, Giesten Hansdatter ... (illegible), Ellen Jesses, Karen ... (illegible), Giesten Hanses (?), Catrin ... (illegible) Hanne (?) Christensdatter , Ann Fedders af ... (illegible), Hans Bertelsen, Hans Jensen (?), Peiter Xtensen (= Christensen), Nis ... (illegible), Hans ... (illegible) .... (illegible), Martin Hansen, Nils ... (illegible), Marcor ... (illegible). [/ I] [/ i]

On the same page (59) you surely got 2 more daugthers of Christen Jensen born = Catrin and Karen. And 1759, page 60, the daughter An Else is born. And page 61, the son Jens is born in 1761- of Stenderup (?) (the name "Jens" could be from his grandfather's father, Jens = Christen Jensen's father Jens)

Be aware, that the name "Juul" could be more than 100 years or more old - and not used over the years.

Greetings
Christian

Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.

Claude Anders Hanson

Christian:  I'm giving up for a few weeks.  Again, I looked up the church record for Hans Christianen Andersen and found it did say Hans Christiansen and not Hans Christensen Andersen as I've always thought of him as being.  I have done the DNA test from Ancestry.com and actually had not found anything I didn't already know.  However, recently I've been looking at the ThruLines category and have found the names of several of my 1700's danish family.  I recently sent away two more "spit" samples to My Heritage and to 23 and Me.  I'm waiting for the results and I'll let you know if I find any additional data I think may be significant.  I don't really think I'll find anything; however, it is worth a try.  Thanks so much for your help so far.  I'm supposed to get the 23 and Me results on October 18th.... my 87th birthday!!  I don't mind getting older.... I do mind just staying ignorant of things I really want to know!!!  Have a good rest from my constant pestering!  Claude

Christian Konstmann Autzen

Hi Claude

Here you can put your questions about DNA in Denmark - https://forum.slaegt.dk/index.php/board,24.0.html.

FamilyFinder is the most used in Denmark.

And Anders Mørup-Petersen http://morup-petersen.dk/FamilyFinder.pdf is were helpful with DNA.

I think, if you use Ole Westermann's information, you can come some generations more back in Toftlund parish - through Jens Andersen.

For Anders Hansen, you should try to find him in other parish's as Toftlund.

Happy birthday in October. My wife and I are in Spain this summer - until the end of October.

Greetings

Christian
Min slægt: Autzen, Konstmann, Nansen, Hegelund, Sønberg, Matzen, Schmidt, Kruse, Wolf. Min hustru's slægt: Mærsk, Fogh, Møller, Hark, Lund, Aaskou, Blom, Dethlefsen, Beyer, Troels Winther.