Needing a couple of words transcribed

Startet af Lynn Christiansen, 23 Sep 2020 - 01:37

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Lynn Christiansen

I have located a possible marriage for my 5th great grandfather-Christen Christensen. It is 1715-1786 Hundborg-Jannerup Hundborg Thisted opslag 231 pg 115-# 7

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3QS7-8944-F8CZ?mode=g&i=117&wc=M5KX-GPP%3A357516601%2C358126201%2C358172601%2C358180901%3Fcc%3D2078555&cc=2078555

Year: 1729
Numb: 7
d 27 Septbr Christen Christensen og Ingeborg Christensdatter begge af Klittner (sp ?) trovelede og ??? sammelviede i Jannerup Kirke d: 23 October
forloverene Anders Jensen af ?? og Christen ?odsmand ibidem

English:
No 7 on the 27th of September of 1729 Christen Christensen and Ingeborg Christensdatter citizens of Klittner (sp ?) were betrothed and ??? (married to each other?) in the Jannerup Church on the 23 of October
Sponsors were Anders Jensen from ?? and Christen ?odsmand of the same location.

Help is needed on the ?ed areas.

Thank you

RIN 20391
Research Areas: Thisted, Aarhus, Viborg

Inger Buchard

d 27 Septbr Christen Christensen og Ingeborg Christensdatter begge af Klitten trolovede og derefter sammenviede i Jannerup Kirke d: 23 October
forloverene Anders Jensen af Kliten og Christen Bodsmand ibidem

Inger Buchard
Redaktør på DIS-Wiki

Lynn Christiansen

Thank you very much.

I have located and documented my 4th great grand father Jens Christensen Østergaard and I am trying to identify his parents.

From the patronymic naming process I assume that his father's name is Christen XXXX. So far I have located 3 different possibilities in the Hundborg/Jannerup area.
1) Christen Lauridsen Østergaard, {from Family Search where there is no documentation provided for the Østergaard Tilname}
2) Christen Lauridsen Klovborg, and
3) Christen Christensen Veje 

I am working on determining which if any of these might be his father. Hence, my desire to have an exact correct transcription.

Any insight as to how I might proceed to the final determination would be appreciated.

Again, thank you for your help thus far.

Ole Westermann

Which data do you have about Jens Christensen Østergaard ?

mvh Ole

Ole Westermann

I have chewed a good deal on this and ended up with this:

Your 3 links 1 - 2 - 3:
1.Died 5. sept.1814 Jens Østergaard 71 years and 5 months - ie b. ca april 1744, maybe 1743
   - is he son of Christen Christensen Veje    - JENS bp. Dec.11,1743 - or
   - is he son of Christen Lauridsen Kløvborg - JENS bp. Apr.18,1743 - https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=164641#164641,27655553
                       CLK ~ Oct.19, 1742* in Vang p. to Maren Jensdatter - they lived in Snejstrup
                                                     * https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=170730#170730,28661697 left

2.Married 2. maj 1772 i Jannerup Jens Christensen of Sneistrup to Maren Danielsdatter of Vorup
                sponsors: Christen Østergaard and Clemend Ferregaard

3.Bapt. 11.dec 1743 Christen Christensen Veje and Ingeborg Christensdatters JENS

Thisted, Hundborg, Jannerup, Snejstrup* by, , 1, FT-1787, B2659
Jens Østergaard       45     Gift     Mand     Bonde og Gaardbeboer  1ste ægteskab    
Maren Danielsdatter 45     Gift     Hands Koene          
Christen                    11          Børn          
Karen                       10            -           
Kirstine                      9            -           
Kirsten                       7            -           
Ane                           16          tieneste Pige
*see https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=600#600,52323  whole transcription to DDD is wrong - here corrected by me
   ------------------
Thisted, Hundborg, Jannerup, Snegstrup, , 2, FT-1801, b6094
Jens Christensen Østergaard  58     Gift     huusbonde bonde og gaardbeboer samt lægdsmand og brandfoged      
Maren Danielsdatter                58     Gift     hans kone           
Christen Jensen Østergaard     28     Ugift     deres barn           
Karen Jensdatter Østergaard  27     Ugift     deres barn           
Kirstine Jensdatter Østergaard  24     Ugift     deres barn           
Kirsten Jensdatter Østergaard  20     Ugift     deres barn     er væverske      
Mads Jensen Frost      28     Ugift     tjenestekarl     landsoldat 
   ------------

I think, that it is most reasonable to believe, that Jens was a son of Christen Lauridsen Kløvborg and Maren Jensdatter in Snejstrup.
When CLK is buried 26. jul. 1781 https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=164641#164641,27655583
he is called Christen Lauridsen ØSTERGAARD of Sneistrup, 75 years and 3 months old
Unfortunately I have not been able to find any probate, that could prove it.

The parents of Christen Lauridsen Kløvborg/Østergaard were Laurids Christensen Kløvborg (who was buried 16.mar.1768 age 91 years 4 months and 5 days) and Bodil Nielsdatter - see also http://www.4klit.dk/web/4klit_familie/22570.htm

mvh Ole

Ole Westermann

Here you see Selvejer (selfowner) Iens Østergaard in cadastral No 2 in Snejstrup.
https://hkpn.gst.dk/mapviewer.aspx?type=o1k_oekort&id=4792&elav=0700253  zoom in on right part of the map
This farm is on later maps until today called Østergaard.

Maybe his father also was selfowner and therfore they can't be found in the probate protocols of Faddersbøl and Ulstrup.
And there are no probate protocols left from Hundborg herredsfoged ('district judge') from that period.

Lynn Christiansen

Unfortunately the link will not allow me to zoom in.

Ole Westermann

On my Ipad I can't zoom either. Problems on Apple PCs?
Try to go to  https://hkpn.gst.dk/  and in 'Ejerlav' (association of house-owners) write Snejstrup.

Below click the blue Vis for the actual period - here 1813 to 1860 - and the map shows up
Click the square at the top for maximizing - and then use the navigation tools.
And you should be able to zoom in anywhere on the map.

Verner Bentsen

Hold down the left button and then move the mouse; then you can draw a rectangle; release the button and the selected area will be zoomed.

Verner

Lynn Christiansen

Hoorah!!!!  I figured it out. You have to select a Navigation Option then an area to zoom in or zoom out on then let the program perform its function, then select one of the other navigation movement options to move around.

I found Iens Østergaard.

What do the different color of ink mean, and what are the numbers? How do you determine the boundaries of his property? Is there a Legend somewhere?

I found several Iens Østergaards. Does that mean he had several parcels that he owned or leased or at least had at his disposal to use?

Fascinating link you have provided. Thank you.

Ole Westermann

The total amount of his parcels, spread around in the parish, was 3.331.110 alen² ~ 1.312414 m² ~ ca 238 Tønder (barrels) land - a big farm.

Ole Westermann

And here I can bring you into the farm of Jens Østergård in 1804:

Fire insurance in Jannerup sogn  Sneistrup Bye on July 27,1804
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?epid=15226075#186522,31605945 bottom left and top right
En Gaard, Eies og Beboes af Jens Østergaard - 2 T 5 skp 1 fk
a. Stuehuuset i Sønder 14 Fag 9¾ al Dyb, Fyrre under og over Tømmer, Klinede
    Vægge og Straatag, indrettet til 2 Stuer, Kammer, Kiøkken og Brøggers. I Stuerne
    er Loft, Vinduer og Døre, samt en Jern Bilægger Kakkelovn, og i Brøg-
    gerset en Indmuret Kobber Kiedel paa ¾ Tønde. Skorsten og Bageovn af
    brændte Sten.                                                                                                   220 (rd) 
b. Det Nordre Huus 16 Fag 12 al Dyb, Fyrre under og over Tømmer, Klinede
    Vægge og Straatag, indrettet til Loe, Lade, Stald og Fæehuus                               190
c. Et Huus ved øster ende af Litr.b, 5 Fag 8¾ al Dyb, Fyrre under og over Tøm-
    mer, Klinede Vægge og Straatag, indrettet til Høelade og Faaresti.                          60
d. Et Huus ved vestre ende af Litr.a, 5 Fag 5½ al Dyb, Fyrre under og over
    Tømmer, Klinede Vægge og Straatag, indrettet til Vogn og Tørvehuus                      30    -  500
Forsvarlig mod Ildsfare, og ej tilforn forsikkret -
    ----------- translation:
A farm owned and occupied by Jens Østergaard - 2 Td 5 skp 1 fk (the area just around the farm)
a.The farmhouse in south 14 bays 9¾ alen* deep, pine under and upper timber, clay built                      *1 bay - c.1,25 m   1 alen - 62,7 cm
    walls and thatched roof, arranged into 2 sitting rooms, 'chamber', kitchen and scullery. In the rooms
    are ceiling, windows and doors, and an iron jamb stove, and in the scul-
    lery a built in copper kettle of ¾ barrel. Chimney and oven of
    burned bricks.                                                                                                   220 (rd)  (insurance amount)
b. The northern house 16 bays 12 alen deep, pine under and upper tim-
    ber, clay built walls and thatched roof, arranged into barn and stable                     190
c. A house at the eastern end of Litr.b, 5 bays 8¾ alen deep, pine under and
    upper timber, clay built walls and thatched roof, arranged into hay barn
    and sheep house                                                                                               60
d. A house at the western end of Litr.a, 5 bays 5½ alen deep, pine under and
    upper timber, clay built walls and thatched roof, arranged into carriage and
    peat house                                                                                                        30    - 500
Secure against fire, and not before assured -

Below as nr. 98 a house owned by Jens Østergaard

Ole Westermann

The map 1813-60 was measured in 1802 (see note left) - at the top is written (1817) in translation:
The valuation of the fields are performed and calculated with red ink.
Cadastral numbers and the names of the farmers/users is written with black ink.

And when Jens Østergaard died in 1814, the farm was taken over by Christen Sørensen Hede, who married
JØ's daughter Kirstine on Oct.18, 1805
https://www.sa.dk/ao-soegesider/da/billedviser?bsid=164643#164643,27655858

Thisted, Hundborg, Jannerup, Snejstrup Bye, en gaard, 18, FT-1834, C4336
Christen Sørensen Hede     59     Gift          Gaardmand      
Kirsten* Jensdatter           58     Gift          hans kone                       *Kirstine    
Jens Christensen               22     Ugift          Deres børn      
Karen Christensdatter        25     Ugift          Deres børn      
Kirsten Olufsdatter             19     Ugift          Tjenestepige     

Lynn Christiansen

It appears that he and the family were rather well off financially.

Thank you for the information.