translate 2 words in letter

Startet af Michelle Larsen, 15 Sep 2020 - 03:22

Forrige emne - Næste emne

Michelle Larsen

Hi everyone

May I please have help with the 2 words between the red marks in this letter.  I have tried enhancing them in various ways but there is no improvement. 

Thank you
Michelle

Jesper Nerløe

Hi Michelle,

I can't even read the words if I zoom in. I've noticed that you use .jpg file format, which is known for creating picture blurs/pixelations.

Can you please upload the picture at a higher resolution and possible in another file format? (.png or similar)
De bedste hilsener
Jesper
---

Webudvikling · Historie · Slægtsforskning
Anetavle / Aneliste

Lennarth Nielsen

hi Michelle,

I can see that you've only used 42 kB for your image; the maximum allowed size of attachments is 500 kB, so you can save your image in a higher resolution, when you have scanned the document. You can also take a picture of the document, if you don't have access to a scanner. You're also welcome to email me directly with the image in high resolution, if that's easier. You can click the letter icon on the left hand side of my post.

Kind regards,

Lennarth

Michelle Larsen

Thanks for trying Jesper and Lennarth.  I don't have the physical letter in my possession, just a PDF version of it.  The words are no clearer when I zoom in.  The rest of the letter is good so I shall not worry about those 2 words and move on to the next letter.  Thanks again for your help.
Best wishes
Michelle

Ole Westermann

The 2 words might be Sønden om - in the South

mvh Ole

Lennarth Nielsen

hi,

I've looked at it again and I think it's a correction of the letter i, so here's my best shot for the full text:

København nogle Dage og
vi skal hilse dig fra
dem alle der-inde om
det saa er fra din Søn
saa har vi set ham og

I don't think it's Sønden om as it doesn't seem to fit into the context. It would also be easier to have more text from the letter, so that there's more text to compare with and also what the text is about.

Feel free to attach the pdf here or email me directly, if the file is too large to attach in the forum. It might be clearer directly in the pdf file rather than in a screenshot from the pdf document.

Lennarth

Michelle Larsen

Thanks for your persistence!   It is not 'Sønden' Ole, but it does look like 'inde' and 'derinde' would make sense.  The letter writers often use that word when talking about the family in København.   

I found another 'om' and it is identical.  And I found another 'inde' and it is also identical apart from this one having a capital I.   

Yes, it all makes sense now!  There is a long background story to this sentence, but he is preparing/teasing his brother a little about some exciting news. 

It made me smile so it was definitely worth persisting. 

Thank you Lennarth, Ole and Jesper.

Best wishes
Michelle